Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

#61 Post by Scott308 »

If the druid was the party leader, then when he was in animal form you would all be at the mercy of the Lawful Good monk, since I could pretend to translate however I want to! Bwahahahahaha! :twisted:
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#62 Post by Scott308 »

When we get a definite plan of attack, the monk will make a futile attempt at shooting one of the gnolls in the tower with his crossbow.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#63 Post by Nuke66 »

Well, the neutral druid pretty much acts on his own anyway, you can follow along or not, your choice. But offering leadership, not really in the cards given his dim wit.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Some players are posting via PM, just so everyone knows.

Thomas let's his eagerness to cleanse these brutes by slaughter get the best of him for a second before he comes to his senses. Seeing the Bugbears numbers, he and Halo back up until they are just inside the now open gates. The stench coming from the tower door gets a bit worse and you now see 2 more Bugbears come out of that door. They head in your direction with morning stars swinging.

The tunnel under the wall is only wide enough for 2 or 3 of the creatures to attack at one time while fighting inside. The height inside the tunnel is about 12'.

The party members outside the wall are quick to shoot when they see the Gnolls appear in the windows. Drez spots a Gnoll through one of the lower slits. The opening is less than a foot wide but his bolt flies true and you hear a loud thwak as the Gnoll falls backwards with a bolt stuck in its skull. 7 dam and knocked down

Trotter shoots at a Gnoll in the upper window and hits with one of his two arrows. 6 dam

Monky shoots his crossbow but the bolt misses the mark and shatters against the outside wall of the tower.

A single errant bow shot is all that comes from any of the Gnolls at the windows and arrow slits, indicating that, despite the reckless approach, they were still caught well off guard.

Morgi can be seen off in the distance swooping around through the burned out buildings.

Xano quickly sneaks past the fire priest and hugs the corner of the wall as she enters the courtyard. She immediately notices the Bugbears advancing and decides to make a break to the right and head for the stairs leading up to the top of the wall. As she gets to the top, she yells something down to Drez. She then sees a Gnoll burst through the tower door that leads out onto the top of the wall. She fires her bow at the thing and hits it in the shoulder. It advances on her and she can see more beasts coming out behind this one. With the movement you can only shoot once this round.

The unseen Wizard can be heard casting again and then he quickly explains that he is going to fly up over the wall so he can use his spells. You also hear Trotter suggest that Wyntar grab him when he flies up and set him on top of the wall so he can shoot at the oncoming creatures on the other side.

The bugbear gang that are advancing will get there next round but, as I said, they will only be able to attack 2 or 3 at a time while in the tunnel. There are still 3 Gnolls in the tower, now ready to fire out the windows at the group. There are currently 2 bugbears on the ground level close enough for Halo and Thomas to attack. There is one Gnoll running across the top of the wall to attack Xano. There is also something bigger and uglier coming out of the tower right behind the Gnoll.
image.jpg
image.jpg (55.05 KiB) Viewed 595 times
Actions for round 2!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#65 Post by greyarea »

OOC: Very sorry about my absence.

Trotter fires at the same bugbear target, since it seems there's a chance for another ranged attack before melee. Watch out for the big thing behind. Bugbears are bad enough. Let's see if we can get them bunched up.

Wyntar, give me a lift?

Bow with bracers of archery and dex bonus attack [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16, dmg [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3
Bow with bracers of archery and dex bonus attack [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19, dmg [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez reloads and fires at the closest enemy target to him.
Light Crossbow of Accuracy +3 [1d20 +3] = 20+3 = 23 Hit [1d4 +3] = 4+3 = 7
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Dram »

Xano- Shoulders her bow and draws her L. Sword. She attacks the Gnoll. And where did you come from. You smelly dogface Son of a @!#^*!! She looks to see where the Gnoll got onto the wall.

+3 L. Sword to Hit[1d20+8] = 2+8 = 10, to Dam[1d8+6] = 8+6 = 14, norm fire dam, [1d6] = 6, fire vs cold[2d6] = 12 Total Damage 20Hp
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#68 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dram wrote:Xano- Shoulders her bow and draws her L. Sword. She attacks the Gnoll. And where did you come from. You smelly dogface Son of a @!#^*!! She looks to see where the Gnoll got onto the wall.

+3 L. Sword to Hit[1d20+8] = 2+8 = 10, to Dam[1d8+6] = 8+6 = 14, norm fire dam, [1d6] = 6, fire vs cold[2d6] = 12 Total Damage 20Hp
There is a door that leads into the tower from the top of the wall. It would be the second and middle floor of the tower. That is where the Gnoll and the other handsome devil came from. There are windows on this floor and you can see other creatures in there too.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#69 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

He hears Trotter ask for a lift...grabs the ranger under the arm and up they go.
Where to?

Scott308

#70 Post by Scott308 »

The monk will reload and quickly fire his crossbow at the big ugly coming out of the tower.
In Ogrish, Hey, ugly! Surrender or die!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Storm11 »

Qucikly, form up at the outer gate, make a defence! Wyntar, once the bugbear group comes to the gate, block off the entrance to the gate tower with a wall of fire at the other end behind them.

Halo will move to the entrance of the gate tower and attack the nearest creature coming to him.

PbP Forum code: Sunblade [1d20+7] = 3+7 = 10 : damage [2d4+10] = 5+10 = 15 : Sunblade [1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13 : Damage [2d4+10] = 7+10 = 17
Greys Campaign.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by greyarea »

Hotgoblin wrote:Wyntar

He hears Trotter ask for a lift...grabs the ranger under the arm and up they go.
Where to?
Trotter points to the wall with his hand clutching the bow and says, Right there atop the wall so I can see beyond it!

GreyWolfVT

#73 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez tries to figure out the plans of everyone else and goes out the gate door. Helping block the doors once his fellow adventurers are outside of them.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by MonkeyWrench »

You guys went to town while I was inactive didn't you? Sheesh...

I like plan 3 as well.

As for group leader I would nominate Pally, Thomas is a contender for leader but he himself doesn't like leading. There's evil to purge and you want him to make decisions? What are you, a pansy?! :lol:

Thomas holds his ground until otherwise ordered, once one of the creatures comes into range he will attempt to smite the ugly brute, not allowing it a chance to push past him.

Heavy Mace To Hit: [1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8, Damage: [1d6+8] = 2+8 = 10, Holy DMG vs. Evil: [2d6] = 7

still a horrible roll Haha! Wow.

And here's that Int roll you wanted Ogre.

Thomas Int Check(11): [3d6] = 8
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#75 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And here's that Int roll you wanted Ogre.
Thomas Int Check(11): [3d6] = 8
Thomas has definitely smelled this scent before and remembers it well. Troll!!!

I will try to post a current position map when I get home from work. That should make things a little easier for you to decide your actions.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As the creatures near, Thomas calls out to the group, "I smell a troll nearby! It seems the goddess smiles upon us today, giving us a host of twisted spawn deserving to be purged!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#77 Post by OGRE MAGE »

image.jpg
image.jpg (533.22 KiB) Viewed 585 times
I hope this helps.....Halo and Thomas are actually just inside the gate and there are the 2 Bugbears (not shown) directly in front of them, ready to attack.
image.jpg
image.jpg (877.94 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Dram »

Xano- We have problem up here on the wall from the tower! There is a second exit up here along the wall! We got more giants up here!
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by MonkeyWrench »

roll their combat then, Thomas already rolled his attack.

During the battle Thomas internally curses himself, Blasted scourge... This is either a trap or a stronghold... I would hate to retreat, but at this rate it seems inevitable..."

GreyWolfVT

#80 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez "I'm more fer living ta fight another day. This ta me is indeed a death trap. Unless anyone has a portable hole or a portal we're gonna need to run."

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”