Re: Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

#401 Post by tkrexx »

I must get thru! Morgi, help me!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#402 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Morgi casts his enchantment on Mira as she shoves past him in the tunnel. The spell goes off fine and he is sure she is good and charmed.

As the others discuss what to do about her, she heads straight for the back of Thomas. She does not stop her advancement through the tunnel. With a quick move to the side, she is able to shuck and jive past the cleric as well.

She is now in between Thomas and Halo in the order. She still seems very intent on getting through the group and heading further down the tunnel.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#403 Post by Nuke66 »

"Mira, return to the back now!" Morgi commands. "We will lead you to where you must go. You must trust us, we will get you there."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#404 Post by Storm11 »

If the illusionist attempts to dive past Halo he will attempt to grapple her.
Greys Campaign.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#405 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Mira is now in front of Thomas the large cleric attempts to grab onto girls collar of her armor, using it as a larger parent animal would grab the scruff of a young one. He will roughly say, "You will heel girl."

Thomas STR Check(16 | 20 /w Belt): [3d6] = 11
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#406 Post by greyarea »

Trotter

Excellent, now that's settled. Let's continue straight: we can worry over side passages later.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#407 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Morgi requests that his charmed friend get back behind him but then realizes that the tunnel is to narrow for her to just walk past them.

Mira stops her advance in front of Thomas and stands up with a very confused look on her face. She looks back and forth from Morgi to the passage in front of you while she shakes her head back and forth violently.

This gives Thomas ample time to step forward and grab her by the back of her cloak. She looks up at him with fear in her eyes.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by tkrexx »

At Morgi's sharp command, Mira turns, an expression of pure confusion clouding her face. I don't know what to do... I need to answer this call, but if you say there is a better way, Morgi, I think you must be right... But what should GLKK! She is almost yanked off her feet by her cowl and quickly shuffled toward the back of the party, rebuffed by Thomas.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#409 Post by Nuke66 »

"Just follow us and tell us which way to go, we will bring you there. Trust me, we will get there." Morgi says.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#410 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: I would also like a 5d6 roll from Monky please.
Scott308 wrote:[5d6] = 23
Did anything come from this?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas uses his current hold on the woman, pulling her back behind him as he turns to make room and then sets her down, turning back around, "Listen to the Druid. We will find your mystery caller, just tell us where to turn."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#412 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote: I would also like a 5d6 roll from Monky please.
Scott308 wrote:[5d6] = 23
Did anything come from this?
Well......since you asked.

Thomas is able to barely squeeze Mira back to being behind him. Morgi comforts the small women with his words and she now seems to be cooperating with him. He also has an uncomfortable time (or was it?) getting the female to squeeze past him back to her original spot in the order.

All of this takes time of course and just as the party is ready to continue, Monky catches a glimps of a most horrid looking creature now somehow standing directly in front of him.

A chilling sensation passes through his body as the disgusting thing finishes materializing and becomes even more grotesque. It's black eyes stare out of a grey mass of putrefaction as its long, cracked fingernails reach out to strike at the unarmoured monk. It swings both arms out in an attack but the quickness of the monk, even in these cramped conditions, prevails.......this time. I rolled a 2 and a 3. :x

Actions!
please remember that you are all in a row in a VERY tight tunnel that is only about 7' in height.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by MonkeyWrench »

eww... Can Thomas safely reach the creature? There seems to be a bashing that needs done.

Scott308

#414 Post by Scott308 »

Oh, shit! :o

The monk, unable to use his weapon in these tight quarters, is forced to rely on his open hand attacks.
Open Hand (THACO 16): [1d20] = 11; Damage: [2d4+1] = 5+1 = 6; Stun (Rounds): [1d6] = 4; Instant Kill: [1d100] = 7

Any chance his gloves will protect him from the effects of an undead's touch attack if he strikes it?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by Storm11 »

Trotter and then halo are between the cleric and the monk and he's in the way I think, though the cleric could target a spell over the Halflings heads easily right?

The paladin will attempt to turn whatever is infront of the monk. Holding his holy symbol forth he calls on his lords power to drive off the undead. (This should be fun, it never works!)

Turn attempt

PbP Forum code: [1d20] = 12
Greys Campaign.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#416 Post by greyarea »

Trotter's sword of sharpness flashes as he stabs forward, attempting to slip the blade past the monk and into the... thing.

Sword of Sharpness to hit [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11, dmg v l [1d8+15] = 6+15 = 21

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#417 Post by tkrexx »

Morgi, what's going on? Mirachele pipes up again. I can't see anything. Is the caller there?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#418 Post by OGRE MAGE »

MonkeyWrench wrote:eww... Can Thomas safely reach the creature? There seems to be a bashing that needs done.
Of course not!
Scott308 wrote:Oh, shit! :o

The monk, unable to use his weapon in these tight quarters, is forced to rely on his open hand attacks.
Open Hand (THACO 16): [1d20] = 11; Damage: [2d4+1] = 5+1 = 6; Stun (Rounds): [1d6] = 4; Instant Kill: [1d100] = 7

Any chance his gloves will protect him from the effects of an undead's touch attack if he strikes it?
In my understanding, the negative planer creatures attack is what causes things like level drain. If you touch it, especially with gloved hands, it isn't dangerous. Besides, you are the only one who CAN attack at the moment. :lol:
greyarea wrote:Trotter's sword of sharpness flashes as he stabs forward, attempting to slip the blade past the monk and into the... thing.

Sword of Sharpness to hit [1d20+4] = 7+4 = 11, dmg v l [1d8+15] = 6+15 = 21
Unless an attack strategy was previously discussed, (you go high, I'll go low etc.) you will have a chance to hit Monky in the back if you attack something on the opposite side of him. You could shout something out to each other and then attack, but just not this round.

A little more strategic discussion overall might have been in order before entering this tunnel. :?: Now you will feel the wrath of Zolbak! (whatever that is)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#419 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The monk snaps into action after the attack from the disgusting wraithlike entity in front of him. His judo chop attack misses the creature and it hisses at him in some evil tongue.

The thing is clearly an undead entity but, nothing like he has ever seen before. It's face almost seems like it has the features of a Gnoll. It grins hideously at the monk before raising both arms to rake at the nameless one again.

Halo raises his holy symbol towards the vile beast but it doesn't seem to faze it in the least.

Trotter holds his attack so as not to hit the already frail monk from behind. (with a short verbal plan and acknowledgment, you could attack it this round)

Actions!

Scott308

#420 Post by Scott308 »

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”