Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Act 2: Death Fanjyr Way Station

#461 Post by tkrexx »

Mira nods at Wyntar's wise words. We are much more powerful together, even only 2 or 3 of us, working in concert, enhancing our individual strengths, and covering one anothers' weaknesses. She turns her big dark eyes to Morgi. I've worked with Druids previously; we compliment each others' abilities well. Thieves also benefit from my touch. She gives a pained expression and turns her nose up at Bugbear steaks. My particular weakness should be fairly obvious. I do not fight. There may be occasions when I will call for a shield man to protect me as I weave my enchantments.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Storm11 »

Halo nods at everyones wise words and produces the box for someone to cast detect magic upon.

"I believe they are aiming their criticism at you Thomas. A plan before rushing in perhaps next time. Let us use the remainder of our healing magic now before we bed in for the night! Who will take first, second and third watch? I think we should double up. A spell hurler and a warrior on each."
Last edited by Storm11 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas looks about the group, "And yet evil was purged, save your complaints for one that does not complete their mission. As long as I draw breath, I shall purge the twisted from this earth. I am no fool, when better planning will allow more twisted spawn to be purged then I will follow it, that was not the case then and you should all not be so blinded by cowardice to realize it." He ends his speech with a note of finality, walking over to the Monk and uttering a small prayer.

Cure Serious Wounds: [2d8+1] = 7+1 = 8
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#464 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi is not ready to sit down for the night yet. He goes to look for loot, particularly that of our dead rogue, and the inn keeper at the bottom of the cliff. He also is sure to check the dead foemen.

OOC: Ain't gonna leave anything behind.....

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#465 Post by OGRE MAGE »

There are the 3 sacks of coins that the Giants had in their camp. 2320gp, 1740gp, and 450pp respectively.

Rabbit the monk has the dwarfs crossbow and the only other item that he still had on him was his magical armor.

The bodies of the monsters weren't searched before the inferno (Thomas) got to them. The pile has been burning for a while now and there looks to be nothing left to take anyway.

However!
Once Halo gets someone to finally cast detect magic for him, the little box glows nicely.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by Storm11 »

"Perhaps, Thomas, you could perform an augury upon the box to see if using it will bring us weak or woe?" suggests the miniature paladin holding it out.
Greys Campaign.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by tkrexx »

Mira watches as Morgi leaves, and for a moment it appears she will follow him, but instead she continues in the conversation.
I believe they are aiming their criticism at you Thomas. A plan before rushing in perhaps next time.
Actually, I was not directing my comments toward Brother Thomas in particular, but more opening dialog on this subject I consider to be of utmost importance. Thomas is who he is, I would not change anyone. Educate, perhaps, but not change. His strengths and mine are nearly polar opposites: He favors the direct approach, using physical power, an iron will and his towering faith to see him thru. These qualities make him the perfect shield-man in my mind. I have survived by being unnoticed, elusive and deceptive. Earlier my will failed after I volunteered to help you, but Thomas' will prevailed. Being elusive was not what the party needed at the time. The rest of you covered my weakness. She looks in the direction the Druid went, then continues.

I can cause this entire party to go unnoticed, thus able to strike with surprise, but only if all agree to it. I have brought with me the Mist of the Isles, which will stall our enemies, or cause them to lose their way. It will allow us to see without being seen if outnumbered or surrounded. But I cannot fight. I can hold many foes in thrall without saying a word, but if only ONE gets thru, I am doomed. These are the subjects I believe we should discuss, and thus develop strategies of hit-and-run, or "One-two Punch," that we are able to pull off in pairs, or trios. Actions like these not only harm enemies, but confuse them also, and keep each of us safer.

Mira fidgets suddenly, then stands, looking outside. Did anyone see where Morgi went?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#468 Post by greyarea »

Trotter looks at Mira. I prefer the stealthy approach myself. Nothing like sneaking up on a skittish buck and petting him before he springs off into the forest. If you can help us get where we are going without conflict, I'm all for it.

However, sometimes Thomas' approach is best. When that purple worm invaded the west, it took blade and might, not stealth, to vanquish it.

Approach is decided not by inclination but by situation. We sneak if we can, we fight when we must.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#469 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar listens to all the comments being made and hopes common sense prevails with regard to their next encounter. Who will take 1st watch with me?

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Dram »

Dram wrote:Xano- Thomas if have any healing I could do with some as I am pretty bang up still from our battle with the 2 Headed Trolls. I agree with Wyntar lets not go charging sword first into battle. Let us weigh and measure our enemies if possible so that do not hurt or kill anymore innocent people.
Thomas I will take some healing if you are offering it still.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by tkrexx »

Mira barely suppresses a giggle. Purple Worm! She openly smiles for the first time. Remind me to tell you of my last meeting with a Purple Worm. I am happy to be in your company, Sir Trotter. Your arm is strong and your mind is sharp. Your combination of steel and guile will serve us all well. Situation, not inclination! Agreed! She moves to the door almost silently. A spellcaster on each watch? she asks before leaving. I shall check up on our Druid.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by Storm11 »

"I will take the first watch with you Wyntar, perhaps the druid or the illusionist and ranger next, then the cleric and the shadowblade last. Let us get some rest hmmm? Wyntar, do you have any magic to determine what this is before you rest, and these rings too?
Last edited by Storm11 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Campaign.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#473 Post by greyarea »

Trotter smiles. I look forward to your story, Mira. Purple worms are no jesting matter.

Yes, second watch suits me well. The druid, other, or none, no matter to me.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas sadly shakes his head at Xano, "I have used all of the healing I had today. Allow me to check you over tomorrow morning, healing your wounds after my morning prayers." He then walks over and gives Xano a look over, checking the areas that seem worse than others.

As he does this he says in a low tone, "You did well this day, None can fault you for not wanting to return to the tunnels after that filth had infested your mind. Remember this though, As long as I am here, I will be your shield against the darkness." He takes the moment to look at her face now, "Have faith." afterwards he will get up and then rest where he originally was.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#475 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote:"I will take the first watch with you Wyntar, perhaps the druid or the illusionist and ranger next, then the cleric and the shadowblade last. Let us get some rest hmmm? Wyntar, do you have any magic to determine what this is before you rest, and these rings too?
Rings? What rings?

Could anyone suggest a magic spell that might get that box open for our fledgling mage?

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#476 Post by Scott308 »

The rings from the priest before we got here, I am assuming.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Dram »

Xano- Thank you Thomas for your kind words. She says softly back to him. She hears Halo speaking about the rings. I believe I know the magic in my ring. As I not I have been hungry since I have put it on.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by Storm11 »

Scott308 wrote:The rings from the priest before we got here, I am assuming.
indeed! The priests rings given to us earlier. Halo tried to fiddle with his, turning gems and pressing them, holding his and concentrating on flying or levitating or vanishing from sight but nothing worked.
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin

#479 Post by Hotgoblin »

Let me see if this works on the box...Wyntar starts casting to open the magically sealed box. Using the Knock Spell
Tomorrow, I can take numerous spells to help Identify the other items.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#480 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As Wyntar casts his spell of opening, the box begins to vibrate. As the last words of the incantation are spoken, half of the box slides open to reveal its contents. You see a small insect inside that looks like a common black house fly. It appears to be carved out of ivory or a similar looking black wood.

The box itself seems to be a thing of great magic, possibly designed specifically for holding this item inside of it.

The rings and potions can be revealed after Wyntar regains his spells in the morning.

I'd like a quick watch order for the evening as well please.

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”