I. Swallowtail Festival

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: I. Swallowtail Festival

#61 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan falls in with the dwarf. "Lighten your mood, Festus. If these greenskins are bold enough to attack a festival, I'm sure there are many necks for hacking in our future. I pray we may have some orc heads on the chopping block."

"Now, I must go demonstrate my appreciation to this priest for his salve."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Storm11 »

"You lost someone in the attack?" asks the gnome sadly.
Greys Campaign.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus glances at the gnome but keeps on moving. He doesn't feel like talking to a stranger about the death of his companion.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

Ciar pointedly directs his attention to the body with the quail-feathered cap lying next to it with Fulp quietly sorting through his belongings.

"He shoulda kept his dagger sheathed and stayed out of the fight."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Storm11 »

"We should maybe move him somewhere safe perhaps? suggests Kassal, looking about for someone in authority who looks to be near by and knows what's going on!
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by Alethan »

Seeing Festus head off to find more goblins, Ciar decides to follow and make sure the dwarf doesn't get into a situation he can't get himself out of.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by hedgeknight »

Storm11 wrote:"We should maybe move him somewhere safe perhaps? suggests Kassal, looking about for someone in authority who looks to be near by and knows what's going on!
"We'll find a nice place fer him after all this is over," Festus grunts. "What's yer name anyway?" he says, glancing at the gnome while still looking for someone in charge.
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#68 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow stows his bow for the moment and walks over to the body of his fallen comrade. He bends down over him and touches his forehead, whispering something to himself. He then stands and begins to do a strange dance-like movement while circling around the body.

If there are still goblins left to kill, I will accompany anyone willing to search them out.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Storm11 »

hedgeknight wrote:
Storm11 wrote:"We should maybe move him somewhere safe perhaps? suggests Kassal, looking about for someone in authority who looks to be near by and knows what's going on!
"We'll find a nice place fer him after all this is over," Festus grunts. "What's yer name anyway?" he says, glancing at the gnome while still looking for someone in charge.

K A S S E L says the gnome slowly and loudly again. He turns to Ciar in puzzlement. Is your dwarf deaf or touched or both? he asks the halfling perplexed.

Kassal will look disapprovingly at the leaving of the companions fallen but say nothing further, figuring it isn't his place.

He will continue to follow the others in vanquishing the goblins.
Greys Campaign.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus frowns. "Castle? Who would name their kid Castle?" he asks Ciar, loud enough for the folks on the other side of town to hear him.
"Oh, except maybe a bunch of gnome doorknobs..." he mutters, looking left and right for stray goblins.
Winter is coming...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan sidles up to Kassel. "I haven't known the dwarf for long, but he's not usually this cross. I've found him to be pleasant company. You're welcome to hang by my side, in any event."

He forces a smile and moves to pat the gnome on the head. He realizes this may be a faux pas at the last second and pats his shoulder instead.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal looks up at the human and nods his thanks. Dwarves are usually just jealous of us, on account of us having a sense of humour and us not being chronically obese! he says with a wink.

I take no offense. With a name that sounds like he needs to find a priest with access to cure diseases magic it's no wonder he's all bent out of shape. I shall come along and see where this goes. One things for sure, this town is need of all the help it can muster. I wonder what caused the goblins to attack. Usually they are cowardly creatures, who only strike when they have a clear advantage in numbers and surprise. Or are forced to by something larger and meaner. The gnome looks pointedly at Festus :lol:
Greys Campaign.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by hedgeknight »

"Ya wanna know why I'm cross, Sylvan? I'll tell ya! We lost a good companion and damn near lost another to these fraggin' goblins! The town has gone ta hell. We can't find anyone in charge. And to top it all, ya let a stranger just join right up with us! Whose ta say C-A-S-T-L-E didn't plan this whole thing!
"Just need ta kill something or find an unprotected beer keg > either way it'll give me something ta do."
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by dmw71 »

Kassal, the gnome, introduces himself to the group and suggests that Ciar seek comfort in the chapel. "I can also heal you, friend" replies Sylvan, as he lays his hands on Ciar, closes his eyes, and mutters words in a mysterious language. "Impigh mé leat, a chothú mháthair, leigheas an fear leath."

"Thanks, Sylvan," Ciar replies, feeling the side of his neck where the torch burned his skin to see what it feels like and, while the pain has subsided, a bit of a sting is still felt. "Too bad we don't have more of the stuff the priest from the church gave us." the halfing muses; half in response to Sylvan's question, half because he really wishes they still had more of the seemingly potent elixir.

"I am just passing through, and would be more than happy to tag along with you, if you don't mind." Kassal says. "I know a smattering of magic that may help clear the scum from the streets perhaps."

"What's your next move?" the gnome finishes, smiling.

"I suppose we should properly send our fallen friend Eohannud to the afterlife, and of course, decide what is best done with his belongings. Fulp says. "I suppose we need to talk to a local. Find out whether this kind of attack has happened before, or what they know of it." he adds.

Festus grumps around, dissatisfied with the minimal bloodletting he was able to do, hoping to find a stray goblin or two. Seeing the gnome doesn't lighten his mood at all. "Another shorty...a friggin' gnome at that...great." he mutters. "Where are the town leaders? Figure we got a long night ahead of us. Lots of clean up to do." Festus begins to walk around the new church building, looking for someone in charge. Sylvan falls in with the dwarf. "I must go demonstrate my appreciation to this priest for his salve." Ciar , too, decides to follow and make sure the dwarf doesn't get into a situation he can't get himself out of. "We'll find a nice place fer him after all this is over," Festus grunts, referring to their fallen comrade.

Sparrow stows his bow for the moment and walks over to the body of his fallen comrade. He bends down over him and touches his forehead, whispering something to himself. He then stands and begins to do a strange dance-like movement while circling around the body. "There may be a few goblins left to kill, let me accompany you." he says, catching up with the others.

The dwarf and gnome trade barbed verbal jabs as they make their way to the church. Festus keeps his eyes peeled for any hint of a goblin interloper, just looking for another opportunity to put his dwarven axe to use, but none are spotted.

As they make their way to the chapel, "I wonder what caused the goblins to attack. Usually they are cowardly creatures, who only strike when they have a clear advantage in numbers and surprise... or are forced to by something larger and meaner." Kassal begins to say, but is interrupted by the sound of a scream and a frantic barking come from the north.

Just north of your current location, and just east of the White Deer you're staying in, a goblin mounted on a goblin dog has bravely attacked a noble and his hunting dog. The man cowers behind a rain barrel and calls for help while his dog fights against the mounted goblin. Just as Festus leads the group around the corner, they witness the goblin slash down from its mount, seriously striking the dog. The dog wimpers weakly and crashes dying to the ground. Another familiar band of three goblins, who were themselves cowering nearby from the dog, throw up a cheer and emerge from hiding.

Actions?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by AleBelly »

"These dog-killers are a damnable blight that must be expunged" growls Sylvan as he advances towards the fray. He pulls his spear out of its quiver and hurls it at the mounted goblin. If he thinks there's a chance that he hits the noble or his wounded dog, he will attack one of the other emerging goblins.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#76 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow takes aim at the mounted goblin and fires off two shots.

Longbow [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17 Dam [1d6] = 3 2nd arrow [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15 Dam [1d6] = 3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

Pretty sure he has a clear shot without a chance of hitting any villagers, Ciar fires a sling bullet at the group of three goblins.

To Hit, Sling [1d20+3] = 10+3 = 13 Damage (Bullet) [1d4+1] = 3+1 = 4

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Storm11 »

How far away are the goblins roughly? Within dagger throwing range?

Kassal will try and find some cover nearby that affords him a good view of the battlefield. If the mounted goblin and his pet turn to engage us he will call to the noble to run towards the group.

not the dog nooooooo! :o ;)
Greys Campaign.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by dmw71 »

They are roughly 30 feet away, give or take. You suspect they'll be reachable, but at long range from your current distance.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal will throw two daggers not hopeful they will hit one of the goblins.

He will then pull out some fleece from a secret pocket in his blue robe ready.

PbP Forum code: Dagger Throw [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5 : damage [1d4] = 3 : Second Dagger Thrown [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 : Damage [1d4] = 3

-5 each for long range
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”