I. Swallowtail Festival

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: I. Swallowtail Festival

#41 Post by Alethan »

Ciar shrugs at Fulp's suggestion, "Looks like the dwarf is already going all-in! But maybe not a bad idea to try and secure a good position? Something to defend? How about the new church?"

He shouts, "Festus, clear us a path to the church!"
Will adjust my previously posted action after receiving clarification on a question asked.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by hedgeknight »

"Sounds like a plan!" Festus shouts back as he wades in. "Good folk of Sandpoint! Get off yer arses and run this rabble out of yer town! To the church! To the church!"
Winter is coming...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan snaps to, feeling invigorated from the potion. "Thank you, friend" he says to Fulp. "Now I really demand goblin blood!" the leather-clad man cries! He picks up his spear, curses it mildly and puts it in its quiver.

Hearing the party's plan, he falls in with the others in making way to the church. If he encounters any dog murderers, he swings his scimitar at it with zeal.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by dmw71 »

Fulp comments on the townsfolks unwillingness to fight back, but there are signs and sounds of resistance scattered throughout town, but mostly further south. Sheriff Belor Hemlock, whom you all observed during the morning speeches, leads the town guards as they mount a defense against the intruders.

The group decides to take a stand and defend the church, and just as Festus turns to lead the way, a sudden boom of fire from an unattended wagon, just beyond the stage south of your position, grabs your attention. A trio of goblins seemingly have gotten into a wagon filled with fuel and other incendiary devices meant to ignite the bonfire later that night. The goblins shrill with delight and take up torches, waving them around.

The town militia is pushing their way north, causing the goblin intruders to scatter.

Okay, I know the updates have been a bit scattered (I've done almost all of them from my phone while standing in lines waiting to exchange or return item at different stores). There are a couple different potential targets, there are the three torch-bearing goblins just south of the stage, and a few other random goblins scrambling about causing mischief just beyond them. I will assume the target is the pyro goblins nearest to the group, unless informed otherwise.

Regarding those that made multiple attack rolls at the same time. This may not be a popular decision,but I don't want to manage tracking actions beyond the current round. Your first attack and damage rolls will apply, but any second or third attacks will need to be re-rolled. (I apologize again for any good rolls that will be lost as a result.)

Ciar and Sparrow, I will rule that, if you want to keep your ranged attacks, you can get those off before the rest of the group rushes into melee (the slight risk of hitting a local still exists). Sparrow is keeping his ranged attacks. Ciar, you want to switch to a melee attack, you can keep your attack roll and just re-roll the appropriate damage.

Sylvan attacks with his scimitar.

I just need to know what Fulp will be doing and I can resolve all the action.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Afraid of hitting a townsman with an errant sling bullet, Ciar continues with his sword, slicing at the nearest goblin as he makes his way to the church.

To Hit: 21
Damage, short sword: [1d6] = 1

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#47 Post by dmw71 »

A couple of (overdue) views of the immediate area you're in. This first image is just an overview of the northern end of town:
Sandpoint North.png
Sandpoint North.png (599.03 KiB) Viewed 855 times
The second is a closer vantage point of the open courtyard immediately west of the church. It was in this area that the stage was constructed to host the welcoming speeches. The location the initial assault is labeled near the buildings in the upper left hand corner, and the newest trio of pyro goblins are in the lower right hand corner, just south of the stage by what used to be a wagon.
Goblin Assault.png
Goblin Assault.png (618.13 KiB) Viewed 855 times
I'm only pointing this out because your current location is basically at the church and is pretty much defensible from your current location.[/ooc]

Sparrow is able to quickly nock and lose two arrows before the onrushers are able to engage. Both of his arrows sink into the chest of the rightmost goblin, dropping it cold.

Ciar, rushing to attack the pyro goblins in defense of the southern side of the church, pauses only briefly as Sparrow's arrows unexpectedly whiz past him over his right shoulder, ultimately killing the rightmost of the three. The halfling closes on the remaining pair, successfully scratching the leftmost with his short sword. The goblins still standing, with lit torches in their hands, wave them strikingly at Ciar as he is the first to arrive, both with surprising accuracy (attack results private) and the halfling cries out as he is caught by the flames.

Sylvan arrives next, fresh after being restored by Father Zantus' clear liquid, and swipes at the rightmost goblin with his scimitar, issuing it a solid wound. Fulp maneuvers to his left and swings his walking pole at the goblin to the left, previously wounded by Ciar, but the dexterous creature is able to duck under his attack. Festus arrives last, stomping angry, and violently brings an end to the life of the goblin Sylvan wounded moments earlier.

One wide-eyed, lightly wounded goblin remains, and a gnome, which is a rare sight in this human dominated town, is seen rising to his feet in the patch of grass just beyond the tent off to the left.

Actions?

Rolls
-- Project --
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#48 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow shoulders his bow and picks up his sword, attacking the nearest goblin.

Attack w/ Scimitar [1d20] = 8 Damage [1d8] = 4

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by AleBelly »

"Yeah, Festus! We'll share that one!" cries Sylvan, but he's not smiling. Hearing the halfling's cries, he rushes to help him fight the goblins. He'll attack the wounded one if it's still alive.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by Alethan »

Ciar strikes back with fierce determination and a growl of pain and anger at the goblin who struck him with a torch.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by onlyme »

Fulp attempts to swat with his stick, but cant get a good motion going, and harmlessly hits air.

Staff attack [1d20+2] = 2+2 = 4 ; Damage [1d6+1] = 5+1 = 6
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by hedgeknight »

dmw71 wrote:Regarding those that made multiple attack rolls at the same time. This may not be a popular decision,but I don't want to manage tracking actions beyond the current round. Your first attack and damage rolls will apply, but any second or third attacks will need to be re-rolled. (I apologize again for any good rolls that will be lost as a result.)
Not happy... :x :x

Festus rushes in to help...either with the torch bearing goblins (if any still live) or with some of the other goblins terrorizing the town.
Battle Axe: [1d20+4] = 15+4 = 19, [1d8+6] = 3+6 = 9
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by dmw71 »

Ciar, with deadly precision, quickly manages to cut down the last of the pyrotechnic goblins with a well placed strike.

And while these latest goblins were dispatched of relatively quickly, so to, it seems, have been most of the remaining goblins by the town guards. By and large, the sounds of battle have begun to seriously fade, with only the occasional clanging of steel, and shrieking and singing goblins echoing through the streets from further south in town. The festival itself has obviously come to an early end, with most of the citizens having rightfully fled to their homes. You may catch a glimpse of an occasional goblin remaining behind, scavenging leftover food from the vendors, but most goblins you spot lie dead in the streets, along, unfortunately, with a few citizens. It seems the fight has moved on.

Your observations are interrupted by the previously spotted gnome, who comes up to Ciar after noticing he had been burnt. "My name is Kassel," he starts. "Are you okay? Perhaps you could get aid in the church." he says, pointing at the new structure behind your current position.

Rolls:
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by AleBelly »

"I can also heal you, friend" replies Sylvan. "I should do nothing less."

He lays his hands on Ciar, closing his eyes as he mutters words in a mysterious language. "Impigh mé leat, a chothú mháthair, leigheas an fear leath."

Sylvan then rises and bows to the gnome. "Well met. I'm called Sylvan."

To the others in the party, he asks "where did you get that amazing elixir? I was in the worst kind of pain, and am fully restored now!"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#55 Post by Alethan »

"Thanks, Sylvan," Ciar replies, feeling the side of his neck where the torch burned his skin to see what it feels like. "The priest from the church gave it to us as he ran by. Took off before we could even thank him."

"Thanks for the advice, friend. I'm Ciar," Ciar replies back to the gnome."Have you need of their services, too? Or... why were you on the ground? Did these damned gobbies ruin your nap?" He smiles following the comment to show it was said in jest.

At his own reminder of the goblins, the smile leaves his face and Ciar scans the area for any sign of goblin activity in the immediate area that he can respond to...

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Storm11 »

Kassal gives the halfling a hearty laugh and begins plucking leaves out of his robe.

"Those goblin filth are always ruining a good power nap! A timely rescue indeed barefoot!" he says with a bow.

"Where on earth did they come from? And how did they get into a human town unnoticed and manage to do so much damage? Wouldn't happen in the gnome hills, we maintain a strict guard. These tall folk are lax indeed!"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by onlyme »

Fulp looks around and answers the gnome,
Greetings to you, Kassel. Name's Fulp. Do you reside here, or passing through like the rest of us? We could use some help clearing out these critters.

Then, it hits him...
Oh, I suppose we should properly send our fallen friend Eohannud to the afterlife, and of course, decide what is best done with his belongings.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Storm11 »

"I am just passing through. I would be more than happy to tag along, I know a smattering of magic that may help clear the scum from the streets perhaps". says Kassal smiling.

"What's your next move?"
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by onlyme »

Storm11 wrote: "What's your next move?"

Fulp replies,
I suppose we need to talk to a local. I want to know whether this kind of attack has happened before, or what they know of it. There are too many goblins still on the loose. Not sure why the townspeople would expect them to just walk out.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by hedgeknight »

Festus grumps around, dissatisfied with the minimal bloodletting he was able to do, hoping to find a stray goblin or two.
Wasted some good rolls...

Seeing the gnome doesn't lighten his mood at all. "Another shorty...a friggin' gnome at that...great." he mutters.

"Where are the town leaders? Figure we got a long night ahead of us. Lots of clean up to do."

Festus begins to walk around the new church building, looking for someone in charge.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”