OOC Chat II

GTan_Baq
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Chat II

#301 Post by GTan_Baq »

I'm just glad I finally got a pc to level 2! I had to lose 2 pc's to get this far. :?
The optimist, "The glass is half full."
The pessimist, "The glass is half empty."
The gamer, "I drink the water; what happens?"

Greed shall be thy undoing!

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#302 Post by KingOfCowards »

Zorroroaster wrote:Good luck! If they need a reference, I'm sure we'd all agree how adept you are at managing human resources. (Also Elven and Dwarven)
:D Ha Ha. I need a degree in dwarven resource management.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Keehnelf »

The most frequent posters should have private forums. I'm in the process of getting them set up with a thread for tracing each character's activity.

The rest will be rolled out at tonixx has time.

Thanks!

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Zorroroaster »

Thank you!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#305 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Awesome! :D

Just in time to roll up a new fighter. :(

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#306 Post by Spartakos »

hedgeknight wrote:Out of all the "honey" whiskeys I've tried (JD, JB, EW, WT, Barenjager), my favorite is Evan Williams.
So I had a chance to try the Jack Daniels honey whiskey the other night; I wasn't impressed. It had an odd bite, and wasn't sweet enough (which is to me the entire point of drinking a honey whiskey).

Then today there was a good price on Evan Williams honey whiskey, so I picked up a bottle. Oh man, is that good stuff. I don't think I'll buy Jim Beam ever again.

Thanks for the tip, Hedge.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Keehnelf »

Baerenjaeger is hilarious and awesome stuff :)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by hedgeknight »

Cheers Spartakos! :mrgreen:

Kee, I had to add bourbon to Barenjager just so I could drink it > that's some intense stuff!
Winter is coming...

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by Zorroroaster »

And here I was making Sazeracs with Rittenhouse rye last night.

Nobody told me it was bourbon night!
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Zhym »

I finally got around to reading Quirin's three-part thread last night. Now I understand why no one in Rhodri's group wanted to go talk to the dwarves about the rings!

Also: wow, what an expedition.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by hedgeknight »

Zorroroaster wrote:And here I was making Sazeracs with Rittenhouse rye last night.
Hey Nick > I've been sipping on some Bulleit Rye of late...and I gotta say, it's a little rough for me; kinda sticks in my craw! Time to make another bourbon run!
Stay warm up there, man!!
Zhym wrote:I finally got around to reading Quirin's three-part thread last night. Now I understand why no one in Rhodri's group wanted to go talk to the dwarves about the rings!
Also: wow, what an expedition.
Hey Jim > it's been a hell of a ride! Not sure any of us are going to make it > the dice gods are worse than the ghouls! :lol:
Winter is coming...

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#312 Post by Keehnelf »

The dice gods were pretty kind this last round--killing three of five ghouls as they came through the fire and leaving Crivit aflame. Of course they also gave him max HP so there you go...at least they have a sense of humor.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by Zhym »

There have also been some saves made vs. paralysis. Things would have been even worse if those had gone the other way.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Zorroroaster »

hedgeknight wrote:
Zorroroaster wrote:And here I was making Sazeracs with Rittenhouse rye last night.
Hey Nick > I've been sipping on some Bulleit Rye of late...and I gotta say, it's a little rough for me; kinda sticks in my craw! Time to make another bourbon run!
Stay warm up there, man!!
I saw that at the store the other day and thought about it. Kinda glad I didn't from what you've just said! I hate dropping cash on a brand I've not tried before...waste of money if you don't like it!

Yeah, it's been cold lately. Too cold.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#315 Post by Spartakos »

hedgeknight wrote:
I'm not really a bourbon fan, honestly...I just like the honeyed sort. I usually stick to Irish whiskey, which tastes a lot smoother to me. And I rarely drink it straight (I'm a highball man).
I haven't really tried any scotch; my brother enjoys it, and I've heard about this one variety (Napoag Castle) that a friend of mine enjoyed immensely, so I should give it a shot.

I hear most Canadian whisky is Rye; can anyone give me a comparison, as far as flavors/mouthfeel?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Zhym »

I like Blanton's a lot, and Angel's Envy is really very smooth.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#317 Post by hedgeknight »

Been looking at Angel's Envy > with your endorsement I will give it a try.

Give some good sipping bourbon a try, Spartakos > I'd recommend Woodford Reserve, Eagle Rare, or Buffalo Trace > all three are 90+ proof and with a couple of ice cubes, they are real smooth. And then there's Knob Creek Smoked Maple which is so stinking good, I can just drink it right out of the bottle! Hell, might even be able to pour it on pancakes > it's killer!! :mrgreen:
Winter is coming...

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by Zorroroaster »

Spartakos wrote:I hear most Canadian whisky is Rye; can anyone give me a comparison, as far as flavors/mouthfeel?
Canadian whisky is rye, but it's blended and we don't have the rules you do as far as nomenclature.

Canadian rye can be a blend of all sorts of crap and still be called rye, and they don't have to say what the ratios are. There's only one straight grain Canadian rye: Alberta premium. It's not a particularly high end brand, but it just happens that they are the only ones who make a real rye here.

It's nice. Not sure what I would compare it to, but nice.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Keehnelf »

True: the first save inside when Buryl was turning to run would have changed everything with a failure.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#320 Post by AleBelly »

Anyone tried Four Roses Single Barrel? They have so many varieties it's a bit confusing, but it's one of my favorites. Angel's Envy is smooth, but I feel like it lacks some of the flavor I'd expect from a good bourbon (but, I like the Bulleit Rye so take that for what it's worth).

Speaking of irish whiskey, I got a bottle of Midleton Very Rare for my birthday. I almost wish I never had it…it spoiled me and is too expensive for me to be my regular sippin' whiskey!

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”