Squire

Re: Batcok's Character

#2 Post by Batcok »

character stats 1: 6#3d6 13 13 8 13 9 11
character stats 2: 6#3d6 12 12 12 13 11 10
character stats 3: 6#3d6 9 6 5 11 12 12
character stats 4: 6#3d6 12 14 10 9 13 12
character stats 5: 6#3d6 8 13 12 7 8 14

I managed to find a PDF copy of the ACKS Core Rulebook on 4Shared and have downloaded it for my own curiosity's sake. I was pleasantly surprised to find the rules reminiscent of 0D&D and 1st Ed D&D (both game systems hold fond places in my heart).

Thusly having a more than fair idea of what I've generated, nothing spectacular - which is typical of my IRL dice rolling luck, Of the five sets, the first group holds the most promise for what I am looking to play. With these scores and my character generating history I will be making a character who uses technique instead of raw power to make his way in the world.

Strength (Str):13
Intelligence (Int):13
Wisdom (Wis):8
Dexterity (Dex):13
Constitution (Con):9
Charisma (Cha):11

At this point I am leaning toward an Explorer, with visions of Aragorn and all the other literary Ranger/Scout/Woodsman types dancing in my head. Although I know with these stats he will be more likely to grow up playing a banjo sitting in a tree on the riverside than running around with elves.
I'm so old school, they tore my school down, built a replacement and have torn that one down too.
"Always and everywhere I have lived as though each day were my last and would never return." Petronius, The Satyricon

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Batcok's Character

#3 Post by thirdkingdom »

Explorers are pretty badass. ACKS is probably my current favorite system. They built it on the chassis of the old B/X system and welded on the end game, so you don't get the level inflation of BECMI or even AD&D. And they give each class something to *do* at the higher levels. In my mind Autarch is putting out some of the highest quality OSR stuff out there. If you like wargaming you might want to check out their Domains at War supplement that just came out.

Return to “[ACKS] The Wilderlands of Absalom”