(IC) Friday the 17th, Scene 8

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

(IC) Friday the 17th, Scene 8

#1 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Manipulate NPC to get the gorilla to go easy on her: 2d6+2=8
The large man in the school office recognizes Lucinda instantly. He's out of his chair quickly and gracefully in a way that makes his large bulk seem improbable. If he didn't resemble a giant wrasslin' heel from the WWE, his movements would conjure up images of a prima ballerina. His dancer's grace is unsettling.

"Lucinda Prince. You are to accompany me. Now. Forget anything you have left in your class. In fact, it is probably best to throw your phone into the garbage. Your Mother has sent me to retrieve you... before anyone else does."

The giant man does not bother to lay hands on Lucinda (Summer). He simply stands quietly, not appearing to be a threat.

Deep within Summer's mind, Lucinda whispers petulantly, Oh. Damn. She sent him after us. Holden... whatever his name is. If he's here, something's definitely wrong... thanks to you.

MC Voice: Okay, the gorilla will go easy if Lucinda goes easy. His stated purpose will be to get Lucinda (Summer) to safety since you didn't blow your roll :lol:
Whether or not the stated purpose is completely real, or helpful in the grand scheme of things... that's another question.

So what does Summer do?
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (IC) Friday the 17th, Scene 8

#2 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Nobody disturbs Kate and Seth while they talk.

Kate is obviously agitated about her sister going missing, but she's still in pain and in need of rest. For that matter, Seth is also amongst the walking wounded, having been in Hell only yesterday...

MC Voice: Okay, Kate has healed 1 Harm. She's down to 2 Harm now. Seth & Kate... go ahead and continue to plan your next moves. I can force something at you, but I'll let it go for now.

As for Clark's text to Lucinda (Summer)... I'll let you all resolve that as well.

Lucinda's BlackBerry buzzes with the message from Clark Defray:

Code: Select all

I hear u r in a bind,
rumors are floatin.
I can help u out and
give u back ctrl.
Holden, the giant gorilla of a man, waits patiently while Summer (Lucinda) decides how to deal with the phone.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#3 Post by Metal Fatigue »

"Who else is looking to…'retrieve' me?" Summer asks nervously. "And where are you 'retrieving' me to?" She doesn't especially want the school secretary to hear the answers, but she doesn't want to be alone with Man-Mountain Esq., Attorney-at-Law, either.

Manipulating the lawyer to answer honestly, if not necessarily in a way the school secretary would understand: 2d6+2=6
Well. Isn't that special. Anyway, I advance (my fourth). I'll take the Hollow move "Flesh of My Flesh." Bring it on, Man-Mountain!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

Clarke does not wait for a reply. He starts to make his way to the old chapel on foot, not want to risk going back to school to get his BMW. Clarke sticks to the alleways and tries to stay under the radar as he slowly navigates the town. He will run when he can to cut time, especially if he thinks someone spotted him and knows him. Here is a roll for running, Volatile was the closest I could get with that.

[2d6+1] = 5+1 = 6

Dang, this can't end well... :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth slightly groans as he begins dragging the nearby chair over to Kate's bed, more falling then sitting into it. He has yet to have any time to actually heal, and so is still banged up from everything that's happened. He slouches from the sit/fall and is now more or less at eye level with Kate as he lays in bed, he gives her a moment before continuing.

"I went back to school and got jumped. Pavo, Clarke, Haro, and Marcus, they got me while I was in the nurses office. Figured I was either going to kill them all or die myself until Clarke whipped around with the knife and stabbed Pavo, then brought up a gun, pointing it at the other two amateur assassins... I still don't know why he did that, maybe he grew a conscious, or maybe it's a ploy from that fallen angel bitch, schemes tend to be her favorite...." Seth positions himself with a grunt, his arm now resting on the bed beside hers, "Shit hit the fan after that, nurse feinted and the two ran. Pavo came at me with a knife and Clarke tackled him down, both of them were slipping in his blood. I wasn't sure what the hell was happening at this point so I grabbed Clarke's gun and threw it out the window before picking up the nurse, that's when the vice-principle came in. I spun the truth a bit to make it look like me and Clarke were jumped by pavo, guy was believing it until Clarke freaked out and ran, I was still holding the nurse as I was bolting after him Hehe." The small laugh makes Seth choke a bit, after a few coughs he regains control of her lungs and continues, "But anyway, he was the one who told me they had taken Celeste... Kate, we weren't there to bail your little sis out of trouble like the good old days, but we can see save her from that conniving bitch."

He leans his head back, closing his eyes, "When you're ready to leave we can save he...." As he speaks it seems Seth falls asleep, the last word trailing into nothing. His arm still resting next to Kate, his sleeping face seeming somehow... innocent, with all of the running and fighting this is the first time Kate has seen this side of him in a very long time...

Rolling to turn Kate on!: Seth Hot Roll: [2d6+2] = 2+2 = 4 Welp, looks like the whole "mauled from zombies in hell" isn't the best look for him, who knew!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote: Rolling to turn Kate on!: Seth Hot Roll: [2d6+2] = 2+2 = 4 Welp, looks like the whole "mauled from zombies in hell" isn't the best look for him, who knew!
:lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Mister-Kent »

As Seth explains everything, Kate tries to get up, all the while jabbering about getting to Celeste. As she stands, her head swims, and she weakly drops back into bed with a groan. Seeing that Seth is similarly down, she winces, and falls unconscious.

She awakens at some point--not sure how long she's been out. She rises, a little more steady this time. "Seth," she says, and touches the werewolf's shoulder. "Seth. We're leaving now." When that fails to rouse him, she brushes her hand through his hair.

Turn On? 2d6+2=9
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by MonkeyWrench »

You have enough strings on me! So lets play that turn on this way...

Choice: give themselves to you

Seth slowly opens his eyes, seeing Kate staring into his face as she runs her hand through his hair He stares up into her eyes, something seizes up inside of him, only this time it isn't the beast, it's something that he hadn't felt in a very long time, something that he thought was ripped up and dead ever since he was told that Kate had moved away with no explanation. He slowly reaches his hand up, cupping the back of Kate's head and gently pulls her down to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FADE TO BLACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Afterwards Seth checks the window again as they re-dress, checking to see if he can spot anyone familiar. Surprised that no one came in, or maybe those that came to the door had enough decency to come back later, who knows. He Looks over to Kate, "I don't know if he can be trusted but we should at least try to find Clarke." As Kate finishes up and is ready to leave Seth gives her a cocky grin, something that he hasn't been known to do in years, "Lets get Celeste back."

Spirit Connection: Kate Jericho
Kate should be fully healed now, not sure if she would be disgusted by sleeping with Seth so I'll wait for Kent to let me know if I get another string on her.

Also, as far as I know, currently Seth has had no time to heal other than the nap he had in the hospital, dude has been straight up running from one thing to another. My sheet currently has him set at 3 harm, 2 from the zombies and 1 from the dick angel, is this accurate or do things change with the new scene?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Mister-Kent »

"Clarke?" Kate says as she pulls her own clothes out of a plastic on the nearest chair. "Right, him. What's part in this? First he attacks you, then he helps you? How do we know we can even trust him?"

Kate's not grossed out by this actually--she feels strangely better! Like, the 'ready to kick ass and save Celeste' kind of better!
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'll add this part in between my posts last comment.

Seth simply shrugs, "I doubt we can trust him, not fully anyway. This thing lives off of deals, and her stink is all over him. Whether he helps or not she has some kind of hold on him. But I think he knows where Celeste is."

As Kate finishes up and is ready to leave Seth gives her a cocky grin, something that he hasn't been known to do in years, "Lets get Celeste back."

Good to know Seth doesn't disgust her! :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~
Realized that I didn't really give Q.Q any direction for our next actions.

Once Kate checks out of the hospital he will lead her to the alleyway, looking for Clarke. If he is not there then he will check his phone for his number, if he does have Clarke's number then he will send him the following text

Code: Select all

I have Kate. Where are we meeting?
If he does not have his number then he will turn back to Kate.
"Looks like he had better things to do... Lets head to the chapel, first time I encountered this bitch was there."

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:"Who else is looking to…'retrieve' me?" Summer asks nervously. "And where are you 'retrieving' me to?" She doesn't especially want the school secretary to hear the answers, but she doesn't want to be alone with Man-Mountain Esq., Attorney-at-Law, either.

Manipulating the lawyer to answer honestly, if not necessarily in a way the school secretary would understand: 2d6+2=6
Well. Isn't that special. Anyway, I advance (my fourth). I'll take the Hollow move "Flesh of My Flesh." Bring it on, Man-Mountain!
The giant man reaches carefully into his right coat pocket, gingerly removing a mass of papers. "Neutral ground, Miss Price. Neutrality, you understand. Near Geneva, Switzerland. Cologny, in fact. I have your airfare, passport, a student's visa, emergency bank accounts. Are you feeling well? You don't seem yourself.

"Your communications yesterday with the Don's son were... interesting. Precisely the sort of truth I would have advised earlier on in your business arrangements. But, at the point in which you provided your observations, they were less than favorably received. Given the time and space allotted to us, however, we should find a better place to converse."

The giant man nods towards the exit, smiling like a baby, his bald pale head gleaming like a moist boiled egg.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#12 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Please provide a motivation for Summer not to take the trip, MC.

Summer cautiously follows the hulking attorney toward the exit. "No, I'm definitely not feeling quite like myself today," she says. "It's been a strange 24 hours." She's tense, ready to run in any direction; the news that Julie and Cassidy had decided to sass a mafioso's son on her behalf does not make her happy.

This "Diorre" you mentioned, she says to Lucinda, that would be the Don's son? Any idea what they might have said or done to piss him off?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rukellian »

I'm pretty sure Clarke does not have Seth's number, or vice versa for that matter. They aren't exactly best-pal-buddies at the moment. I'd like to type a response towards Seth and Kate heading towards the old chapel as well, but sort of waiting on a hard move on my end.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Then I suppose in that case Seth and Kate are headed towards the chapel to look for the Emissary and Celeste...

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”