OOC

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#121 Post by rredmond »

This:
Solinor wrote:I will get the map updated today. Perhaps it is time for the finale.
I don't like the sound of.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by zebediah »

Solinor wrote:Does everyone have what spells they have memorized written on characters sheets?
Just updated it. I also changed the m-u memorized spell.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by rredmond »

Can we get a map update, or too early considering our druid went it alone? :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#124 Post by dramaman »

Whatdya mean alone? I thought Rondar and Ankhar were also in the room dealing with the remains of the giant frogs they had slain?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by rredmond »

dramaman wrote:Whatdya mean alone? I thought Rondar and Ankhar were also in the room dealing with the remains of the giant frogs they had slain?
Just seems like you went far man! :D I'm a bit worried about the druidess.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#126 Post by Solinor »

dramaman wrote:Whatdya mean alone? I thought Rondar and Ankhar were also in the room dealing with the remains of the giant frogs they had slain?
Hah, they are no more than 40' away from you when you find the mud door. The room is filled with water and they would have had to made the 3' climb back into the hall way to work on the frog.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#127 Post by Solinor »

rredmond wrote:Can we get a map update, or too early considering our druid went it alone? :)
Sorry me just being lazy. I will work on it!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#128 Post by Solinor »

The map is updated.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by Solinor »

If we have closure on this quest is anyone interested in continuing with these characters?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by wolfpack »

I would, I like Rondar he is my only current half-orc, plus he still has his own personal quest he is conducting.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by rredmond »

Yup, if Nuonne is alive! I'm guessing this is a pretty good DM hint not to be shooting arrows! ;)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Argennian »

I'd love to still be in as well, Sol! I would be happy to continue with Kraden, even if he is only a torch bearer and door stop at present. That is unless he ends up as monster bait!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#133 Post by dramaman »

Count Etruna in as well. She's been a fun challenge to play.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by zebediah »

Just the same here! :mrgreen:

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by rredmond »

Prob be unable to post at all tomorrow. If it gets hot then NPC my PC as needed.
Be well all!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Argennian »

I'm stoked we made it out of the lair alive! We destroyed evil, freed prisoners and found treasure to boot! Three cheers for the Team!

Sol - not to muddle things up, but weren't we planning to go by Ramne's to debrief with him before returning to Orlane? If not, or it's not necessary, please disregard, good sir!

Also wanted to throw out a BIG thank you to you, Sol, for doing a masterful job of DMing. In the time we've been playing, I've never grown tired or gotten bored with the adventure. I've really enjoyed the excellent roleplaying and easy character immersion that exists in this group. Wish I had that in my FtF games! :wink:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by rredmond »

So what, I'm 4th, 5th level now? ;)

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#138 Post by Solinor »

Thanks Argennian. It has been fun doing this and I truly wish the people I play FtF with played like everyone here has. Its nice playing with people who love gaming as much as I do.

Now to explain somethings that happened below and how the Naga showed up.

As a DM if I make mistakes I let them stand. I figure my NPCs don't know everything and should make mistakes. Some players may disagree with how I handled this but I think my logic is okay (Of course I do).

The cleric that you guys killed had a pet wight. He didn't bring it up with him from below for whatever reason (Perhaps this being a mistake). I didn’t expect him to die so easily and If anything I thought the party would probably be killed in the battle with him.

I feel that playing with dark forces should have potentially dark consequences.

When the cleric died the wight was free and I randomly determined directions he went. Well needless to say anything living on the second level was killed by him. Except the prisoners who were protected by the jail cells and Rondar had the key.

Finally the Wight came to where the mini T-Rex was that guards the entrance to the Naga’s room and began to fight with it. The battle raged for several rounds actually.
Long enough for the naga to come over and investigate. She saw the wight fighting her guard dog and I allowed her a chance to command it and she failed. The only spell she had that could harm the wight was fireball, so she used it. The wight survived the fire ball with 2 hit points remaining. The fireball did finish off her pet.

The fireball was the cause of the rumbling below that you felt while making your way into the frog room.

Having no other means to fight the wight the naga ran.

So it comes up to the first level thinking where the hell are all my servants!

So then it comes across Ankhar, Nuonne, and Kraden standing in that hallway and hits them with a sleep spell.

After she puts them to sleep she goes to where the swampmen are quartered to get them to help. Well that is when she finds a room full of her dead servants!

So she comes back to destroy the party and is destroyed herself.

The End.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#139 Post by Solinor »

rredmond wrote:So what, I'm 4th, 5th level now? ;)
Being a cleric you may be able to reach 2nd level.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by rredmond »

Dead t-rex and a 2hp wight... so we got lucky! :)
Not exactly "see my enemies driven before me" but I'll take it! :D

Good fun Sol, where next? ;)

Return to “Mortaya”