Chp. 6 - Deeper and Harder

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chp. 6 - Deeper and Harder

#341 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"True, I can hear it", Gagel removes his sword from the crate and touching the walls to get to the deck, bumping into Asherrion in the process.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#342 Post by doughx99 »

Niles will turn around and slowly try to find his way up to the deck

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by AleBelly »

"If it were dead, elf, your dark vision would work" grunts Wulfhart as he renews his attack against the brain eater.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Grognardsw »

thesniperknight1 wrote:...Gagel...bumping into Asherrion in the process.
In the darkness Gagel gropes Asherrion in the dark, trying to feel about where something is, then struggle to remove it because he can't see where the cord is that is holding it on the elf's back. Finally Gagel slices it with a small blade from his thieves tool kit and the lute is in his hands. Asherrion is very aware of the effort.

Wulfhart, with an insight unusual for a barbarian, stabs the Mind Flayer's prone body. It grunts and lies still. The darkness dissipates; a fluttering torch is on the floor, dropped earlier. In fact, it is slowly catching the old dry timbers on fire.

Porphyry the satyr chants gutteral words and suddenly the corpse of the Mind Flayer jerkily animates, rising and standing before Porphyry!

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#345 Post by dok-el »

"Graaarrr," growls Eryndir, "Skullmuncher back from dead!"

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by AleBelly »

"Gagel, steal that torch and come up to the deck with us!" commands Wulfhart. He proceeds behind him if possible, looking for more enemies above.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#347 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"Your commands are.......well, commands", he takes the torch and follows the group.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion snaps, At least I hit what I aim for! Well, at least this time. Not that other time with the dog. Or that time that I flat out missed. But I didn't hit you, you barbarian!

He misses the lute that he had strapped to his back, and so searches the dead mind flayer for some new thing to take, picking its pockets as if the animated corpse was still alive.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Grognardsw »

greyarea wrote:Asherrion snaps, At least I hit what I aim for! Well, at least this time. Not that other time with the dog. Or that time that I flat out missed. But I didn't hit you, you barbarian!

He misses the lute that he had strapped to his back, and so searches the dead mind flayer for some new thing to take, picking its pockets as if the animated corpse was still alive.
The Mind Flayer does not seem concerned as Asherrion takes its belt pouch. Within are a few gems (200 gp each) and a scroll inscribed with three spells: Darkness, Burning Hands, and Stinking Cloud.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#350 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal

Perhaps it's time to regroup? I could really use some healing over here!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by AleBelly »

"Stay below deck, then" replies Wulfhart to Fingal. "We'll take care of the threat above, and we can deal with our wounds once the danger has passed. I still feel strong." Wulfhart ascends to the deck, trying to determine the center of the darkness before he steps into it.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Grognardsw »

While Fingal waits in the hold, Wulfhart and the others make their way to the main deck. There is a roughly circular area of darkness 15' in the middle of the deck. Gagel's torchlight does not pierce it. Sounds of combat and the growls of Bene come from within! Groyn, Easia and Vorkath are nowhere to be seen.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry hops up, looking delighted with the reanimated Mind Flayer. He croons giddily, "Oh, you gruesome little tidbit! You gorgeous specimen, you! That cranial structure! Those limbs! I can't wait to... well, a closer inspection will have to wait. Let's go see if we can't put you to use, hmm?"

To Asherrion, he adds, "Were those scrolls you took off my new pet? May I?" He holds out a hand.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by AleBelly »

Wulfhart sighs and draws his sword, wondering when his luck will run out.

He aims for the center of the darkness, striking with the Fang.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#355 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn can hear others charging in, he starts talking loudly, so they don't hit him by mistake.
Aim high, doen't hits me!!!!
He'll back up and keep swinging with his battle-axe.
Attack w/ Battle Ax [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15 Damage [1d8+2] = 7+2 = 9
Bene the Irish WolfHound will keep attacking the creature.
Bene's bite attack [1d20] = 1 Damage [1d6] = 4
Wow, that's not good!!

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#356 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Gagel sees the darkness and sighs, "Another dark spot? Why live in the dark when the light is so bright".

He tries to determine where the beast is exactly by relying on his ears then lungs to that position saying, "Coming through, duck!!!"

Attack: [1d20] = 20, Damage [1d8] = 1

Yes, the moment I get a natural 20, I get the least amount of damage possible :shock:

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#357 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion

No time for chat, faun. We've got another to kill, and Asherrion wades into the blackness and attacks the mind flayer he hopes is within.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry glares resentfully at Asherrion. "Those scroll won't do you any—" He trails off as Asherrion heads above decks.

The satyr scuffs a hood against the floor and the gestures to the reanimated Flayer. "Come along, my pretty little pustule-poppet. Let's see what use we can put you to."

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#359 Post by doughx99 »

Niles will go up on deck but stay out of the darkness for now

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry precedes his mind flayer above decks, calling out to the party, "One never knows when one might make a new friend, hmm?"

Pointing into the darkness, Porphyry directs the flayer: "Did you bring a cousin with you, my sweetmeat? Go along and kill it—or them, if there's more than one—and bring their bodies back to me."

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”