[Closed] Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - II

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - II

#501 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin allows Varas to haul him towards the bar, grumbling as they go.

"Don't fear for your friend too much, I'll not seriously harm the lad. I just needed to get that off my chest is all. I can see he's not got many years to him, perhaps that explains things. Ghrym himself vouched for the boy. Lug, on the other hand...no telling what he'll do when he finds out he's here. Best I find him once this contest is done."

Orrin relaxes his shoulders and arms, to show Varas the fight has gone out of him and puts up his hands to all.

"Can we go back to our cups now? I won't harm the boy further, I just need him to know who I am and where we stand. He and I can talk about it later. When I'm sober."
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#502 Post by KingOfCowards »

:(
Was looking forward to a drunken bar fight.

BTW, awesome song Enoch. Very Tolkien-esque.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#503 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am waiting on DMs decision before Wendall reacts but, I assure you that it's FAR from over at this point.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#504 Post by Keehnelf »

Because Orrin is at least a bit tipsy, and for the sake of having no one thrown in jail at this juncture, Wendall is keeping a close eye on the contest and with his personality and background can spot someone who means him ill. Orrin is just slow enough, and telegraphs his intent enough, that We fall is able to skip towRd the exit where a mug shatters on the wall beside him as Orrin spouts his emotional barrage.

Ghrym curses himself for a fool for not seeing the altercation coming, and shoos Wendall out the door while Varas is able to wrestle the dwarf back to the table as his rage and sorrow dims to a dull but powerful ember. Ghrym admonishes Orrin as politely as he can, reminding him that the duke strongly values peace and order, and with outbursts like that he's bound to land locked in the keep during the holiday.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin hangs his head as the room settles back down.

"It's like I said, more than once now. I'm not gonna kill the boy, I'm a law abiding man much like any other. Lord, you want a bar fight? Come drink with me back home. You'll see a few. I don't start fights about something serious. Bar fights are for fun. I may be a little loose in the joints at the moment, but I meant what I said. He needs to answer for what happened to Lars, is all. And I thought he deserved a warning about Lug. He's a little less likely to hear the boy out. If anyone needs locking up during Harrowing, it might be the big guy. For Wendall's sake.

Now, can we get back to drinking?"

He grabs the nearest ale and slams it back.
Chug, 10+ drinks in (CON 16): [1d20+7] = 13+7 = 20
Drink Delay Time: [2d3] = 5
Saving Throw vs. Poison (8): [1d20] = 10
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by AleBelly »

Slightly sobered by the altercation, Varas replies "Lesh talk tomorry. Wendie can't kill with a loooock."

With that, he tries to drink his 11th ale.

Normal drink (4) [1d20-2] = 13-2 = 11

Extra time [5d3] = 12

He races to finish in 20 minutes. He's so in his cups, he thinks he's done it! But when he turns the cup over his head, a lash of ale soaks his hair.

He laughs, and bows to everyone, almost falling over. "Thish hash been funnnn!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#507 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ok then......I guess it IS over? Wendall gets shooed out and the guy that started it all gets a finger waved at him? Hmmmm...

Wendall eyes widen considerably as the mad dwarf attacks him. He begins going into an incantation but stops when Ghrym shoos him out the door. Being the only one of sound mind at the moment and seeing his friends actually helping the dwarf and not him, he solemnly exits the bar.

You better get your facts straight before you go around making accusations of wrongful death ass hat!

Wendall hangs his head and leaves the area. He pulls out his journal and begins writing in it feverishly as he leaves.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by AleBelly »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Ok then......I guess it IS over? Wendall gets shooed out and the guy that started it all gets a finger waved at him? Hmmmm...

Wendall eyes widen considerably as the mad dwarf attacks him. He begins going into an incantation but stops when Ghrym shoos him out the door. Being the only one of sound mind at the moment and seeing his friends actually helping the dwarf and not him, he solemnly exits the bar.

You better get your facts straight before you go around making accusations of wrongful death ass hat!

Wendall hangs his head and leaves the area. He pulls out his journal and begins writing in it feverishly as he leaves.
Hey, Varas helped Wendall!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by Keehnelf »

A drunk, emotional patron who hasn't hurt anyone gets one warning--if that doesn't work, the guards are called.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by Keehnelf »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Ok then......I guess it IS over? Wendall gets shooed out and the guy that started it all gets a finger waved at him? Hmmmm...

BTW, Wendall had a LOT more to lose than Orrin in that altercation--I honestly wouldn't complain about the outcome.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by Keehnelf »

Drinker Status:

Valorei - Drinking
Drinks Counted: 8
CON: 7
Delay Time: 4d3
Elapsed Time: 1 hour, 26 minutes

Martin - Drinking
Drinks Counted: 9
CON: 12
Delay Time: 2d3
Elapsed Time: 1 hour, 13 minutes

Orrin - Drinking
Drinks Counted: 13
CON: 16
Elapsed Time: 1 hour, 58 minutes

Kennit - Drinking
Drinks Counted: 11
CON: 13
Elapsed Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes

Halfred - Sleeping
Drinks Counted: 2
CON: 6
Delay Time: 3d3
Elapsed Time: 32 minutes

Olympia - Spectating
Drinks Counted: 4
CON: 9
Elapsed Time: 1 hour, 7 minutes

Dorvar - Spectating
Drinks Counted: 12
CON: 11
Delay Time: 7d3
Elapsed Time: 2 hours, 38 minutes[/quote]

Varas - Spectating
Drinks Counted: 10
CON: 4
Elapsed Time: 2 hours, 48 minutes

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei, being the newest member of the group associating with Wendall, decides to simply remain seated at the bar and watch the altercation while drinking a beer, his attention being split means that he took more time then he intended to. After checking the time her internally sighs, seeing that he drank it with just one minute to spare.

Val Drinking Normal CON(7): [1d20] = 11
Delay Time: [4d3] = 9
Valorei Save VS Poison: [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14

He decides to press his luck and drink another.

Val Drinking Normal CON(7): [1d20] = 5
Delay Time: [5d3] = 10

After finishing the drink, the ale going down without any problems but due to his drunken state he still takes much longer than necessary. His drunken eyes flit to the clock and widen in alarm, he calls out drunkenly, his usual verbose and grammatical self gone and in its stead is a hazy and choked slurring, "I.. Uh... hate to besh tha oddsh ball here but... whatsh happenshh if you drunk a beer in exacshlty twenty minutsh?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#513 Post by Dogma »

Martin looks up as Wendel and Orrin get into it, but as he has no idea what they are arguing about he decides to stay seated and not get involved. Instead he tries to stay focused on the task at hand, which is finishing off the mug of ale in fron of him. Though it takes a bit longer thatn he had planned, he manages to finish the mug.

Normal drink CON(12): [1d20] = 12

delay time [2d3] = 5 elapsed time +15 minutes

Martin - Drinking
Drinks Counted: 10
Elapsed Time: 1 hour, 28minutes

I'm at 10 drinks so all future CON saves are at +2

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#514 Post by KingOfCowards »

Kennit tries to quicken his pace, but it's getting worse and worse as the beer is becoming a larger portion of the halfling's body weight.
Quick Drink 10+ (13): [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15
Delay Time: [5d3] = 13 Horrible roll. Even with the quick drink it's 18 minutes
Save vs. poison (8): [1d20] = 6
CON Loss: [1d3] = 1

Kennit - Drinking
Delay Time: 5d3
Elapsed Time: 2 hours, 41 minutes

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by MonkeyWrench »

So... I drank one in exatly 20 minutes, is Val still in?

If he is he is now at 10 drinks... so he needs to make 5 or less on his CON roll... :shock: :shock: :cry:
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by Keehnelf »

Yes, 20 minutes is good.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#517 Post by Dogma »

Martin stares at his eleventh ale for a moment before taking a deep breath and quickly downing it. The ten previous drinks in his stomach keep him from downing it as quickly as before, but he still finishes well before the 20 minute time limit. After upending the mug to show it was empty, the clerics head slowly sinks to the table. After a few minutes a loud belch is heard and Martin raises his head. "Thash ish just what I needed. Made shome more room for a couple more alesh,"he slurs.

quick drink CON(12): [1d20+4] = 3+4 = 7

delay time [2d3] = 5

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by Zorroroaster »

Orrin looks languidly around the room, noticing the amber glow around the candlelight and the gauzy look to his fellow drinkers. He rubs his nose and finds that its a little numb to the touch.

Normal Drink (10+)(CON 16): [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18
Drink Delay Time: [3d3] = 6
Saving Throw vs. Poison (8): [1d20] = 18

Orrin is starting to feel it. :D

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#519 Post by Scott308 »

Keehnelf wrote: Dorvar, on the other hand, has rolled two 20s for saves vs. poison during this contest, suggesting that he is naturally immune to the major damaging effects of ale. No more poison saves needed in the future.

Also, I have him pegged at 12 total successful drinks, not 11 at the end.

I've added the math back in as necessary, but anyone with 10 current drinks or more who is still in the competition has a +2 penalty on CON checks due to massive fullness.

Drinker Status:

Dorvar - Spectating
CON: 11
Delay Time: 7d3
Elapsed Time: 2 hours, 38 minutes
By "in the future," does that mean only in future drinking contests, or period, any circumstances?

Also, without those last two con deductions, I would have different results on my last two drinks. I would still fail the third drink, but my time was good for that one. However, I would have succeeded on my Con check for the eliminating drink, even with the +2 penalty, so I would not have needed to add an extra delay to my roll. Is that 7d3 delay time correct, or did you not adjust it because I was eliminated? I need to know so I know exactly how many dice to roll to see if I am still in the contest.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#520 Post by Scott308 »

KingOfCowards wrote: :(
Was looking forward to a drunken bar fight.
Had I been online when this happened, Dorvar would have definitely thrown down after the attack on Wendall. And I had been planning on starting a drunken bar fight after the contest was over, but I'm not going to do that now. Just doesn't seem right anymore. :(
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”