Rider of Rohan

Re: Into the Lair

#461 Post by rredmond »

Initiative:
[1d6] = 6
YES!

Nuonne will follow Viscata up and in with his mace:

[1d20] = 2 [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2
Well... at least the initiative was a good roll dangit.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#462 Post by zebediah »

Solinor wrote:Round #2 Intentions
Ankhar tries to close in with the monster as fast as he can and will keep pressing on with his bastard sword (still 2-handed).

attack roll is 17

damage is 9

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#463 Post by dramaman »

Etruna moves to position herself about ten feet from the doorway so that she may fire another sling bullet at the naga which is now in the hallway.

Attack with sling at large creature. To hit: [1d20] = 14; Damage: [1d6] = 4+1

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#464 Post by Solinor »

Viscata is the first to climb into the hallway, determined she pushes past Ankhar, her sword giving off a light that wasn’t present before. As she stands in the hallway her eyes meet those of the naga and freezes(charmed). Ankhar, knowing his only chance is to get close enough to swing his mighty sword pushes into the hallway with Rondar at his side. Together they knock down Viscata who now seems dazed and oblivious. The Naga begins to chant dark words. Nuonne see’s no way to get past his friends so stands helpless in the water next to Etruna. Etruna’s sling bullet flies true but only bounces off the armored scales of the Naga. Rondar, quicker than Ankhar runs and tumbles past the Naga to steer clear of Ankhar’s weapon. Magic from the naga once again strikes Ankhar and he stands stunned for only a few moments and shakes it off. The naga so focused on Ankhar and spell casting didn’t heed Rondars movements. She cries out in vicious pain as Rondar with both hands pushes his sword in her back, her metallic scales whining to resist Rondar’s sword. The tip of Rondar’s sword appears out the front of the Naga’s serpentine form. Her tail then trips up Rondar and he loses grip on the impaled weapon. Ankhar, after shaking off the magic see’s a distracted Naga with Rondar’s sword impaled through her. He smiles as he couldn’t imagine a better opportunity. After Ankhar's first blow, all will instantly drains from the Naga. Ankhar's following strikes only insure that the “Goddess” will never harm another.

Good Lord you beat the shit out of her.

Well done!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by rredmond »

''and let there be Light,'' Nuonne says to no one in particular.

OOC: i feel like we didn't pentrate the dungeon this quick to get the BBEG(S) this quick!!??
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#466 Post by wolfpack »

rondar will pull out his sword, and remove the things head just to be sure. he will then take a few scales from the creature and put in a bag (maybe worth somehting to an alchemist)

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#467 Post by Solinor »

rredmond wrote:''and let there be Light,'' Nuonne says to no one in particular.

OOC: i feel like we didn't pentrate the dungeon this quick to get the BBEG(S) this quick!!??
After you are finished looting the dungeon I will explain how this came to pass.
I can summarize most of what is ahead if you guys want.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Argennian »

Solinor wrote:...Kraden unfortunately is hopelessly caught in the web and unable to do anything in his weakend condition.
"Damn it!", exalts Kraden as his struggling against the web proves futile. He tries his best to hack at the webs with his handaxe but quickly realizes it is all for not and tries his best to keep his balance, lest he topple over and drown in the waist-deep water. Not being able to clearly see or define what is occurring, he calls out to the others. "What is happeneing? Is everyone alright? Somebody!"

Solinor wrote:
rredmond wrote:''and let there be Light,'' Nuonne says to no one in particular.

After you are finished looting the dungeon I will explain how this came to pass.
I can summarize most of what is ahead if you guys want.
OOC: I'm fine with continuing on IC, as long as everyone else is, but am happy to go with the majority here. I know we still have that escaped armored fighter and the trouble back in Orlane to deal with as well. Btw, great show Team! :P
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#469 Post by Solinor »

wolfpack wrote:rondar will pull out his sword, and remove the things head just to be sure. he will then take a few scales from the creature and put in a bag (maybe worth somehting to an alchemist)
The head is huge and makes a nice trophy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by rredmond »

OOC: just skip to the magical mace and clerical scrolls :)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by wolfpack »

I'm good going IC and finishing exploring.

Rondar will gather the scales and head and set them aside to grab when we leave. he will then move in to help those trapped in the web

"We are fine Kraden, we have killed the beast and I claim it's head."

With Rondars background as a historian would he have ever heard of a nagga and have a general idea this was one?

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#472 Post by dramaman »

Etruna lets out a slight whistle in admiration. "Well done, 'gentlemen'," she says wryly, "I'm only sorry that my sling proved ineffectual against this so-called goddess. Mortaya is nonetheless pleased that such a vile pretender of divinity has been dispatched. Praise be to the true Goddess!"

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#473 Post by zebediah »

Ankhar rests the tip of his sword on the ground as he regains his breath "Is everyone well? What a beast, this deserves to be penned down and woven into song. Hopefully with a successful ending."

OOC: personally, if there are no more challenges and dangers in the vicinity, I wouldn't mind fast forwarding a little up to the point when we are ready to head back to town.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by rredmond »

Nuonne is up for looting the place proper, as quick as (in game)possible so that they can get Kraden back for rest and healing.

OOC: I'm leaning toward Fast Forward, but I think I'm being influenced by an RPOL game I'm in where the 1st level Paladin (with 18 hit point????) just expounded to a new PC for four pages of posts on horsemanship... It's supposedly a 1e game, but no answer on my 18-hp question. The cleric and thief both have 10 and the MU 6. I'm so lost. :S

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#475 Post by Solinor »

dramaman wrote:Etruna lets out a slight whistle in admiration. "Well done, 'gentlemen'," she says wryly, "I'm only sorry that my sling proved ineffectual against this so-called goddess. Mortaya is nonetheless pleased that such a vile pretender of divinity has been dispatched. Praise be to the true Goddess!"
You did 7 damage with your first attack! You helped!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#476 Post by Solinor »

It takes a couple of turns just to get Kraden out and he is shivering on top of his wounds. Mostly likely Kraden is thoroughly miserable. As that work is being done; Halmod, who is trapped behind the web busies himself with getting into the chests. You hear whoops of glee as his high excited voice rings out Treasure!

After several more turns Ankhar is able to cut a hole through to the hidden treasure room. He is tired and strained after so much effort. There is one chest Halmod seems to be having trouble with and with Rondar's help they are able to get it open.

You find in the 3 chests:
#1: 12,070 cp
#2: 4,560sp and 450 ep
#3: 87 ornamental stones (azurite,lapis lazuli, obsidian) worth an average of 10 gp apiece,
and six semi-precious stones (onyx, zircon, and jasper), worth 25 gp apiece.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by wolfpack »

A Nice haul indeed, however I have a feeling their is more here. My bet is the snake creature kept the best loot for herself whereever she was laired.

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#478 Post by dramaman »

Solinor wrote:
dramaman wrote:Etruna lets out a slight whistle in admiration. "Well done, 'gentlemen'," she says wryly, "I'm only sorry that my sling proved ineffectual against this so-called goddess. Mortaya is nonetheless pleased that such a vile pretender of divinity has been dispatched. Praise be to the true Goddess!"
You did 7 damage with your first attack! You helped!
(ooc: Cool, I wasn't sure considering it seemed like the bullets just bounced off.)

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#479 Post by dramaman »

wolfpack wrote:A Nice haul indeed, however I have a feeling their is more here. My bet is the snake creature kept the best loot for herself whereever she was laired.
Etruna replies, "My real reward is seeing this abomination destroyed. I wonder if it's influence of the people of Orlane has been dispelled. Hopefully we find evidence of that when we return. We need to see about getting Kraden proper attention."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by Argennian »

Kraden's teeth chatter from being stuck in the cold water so long. He tries to summon as much dignity as he can, but is finally willing to concede his condition is at the verge of unbearable. With help from his compatriots, he drags himself out of the water up into the hallway that leads back to the stairs. Seeing the decapitated snake-queen monster sets his nerves at ease, if that is even admittedly possible. He thanks Lorden that his amazing companions have bested the master of evil in this forsaken lair.
dramaman wrote:
wolfpack wrote:A Nice haul indeed, however I have a feeling their is more here. My bet is the snake creature kept the best loot for herself whereever she was laired.
Etruna replies, "My real reward is seeing this abomination destroyed. I wonder if it's influence of the people of Orlane has been dispelled. Hopefully we find evidence of that when we return. We need to see about getting Kraden proper attention."
Kraden responds with more a shiver than an affirmative nod. "Thank you for your concern and your service, Mistress Etruna. Thank you, all of you. You have shown the heart and bravery of legend that is sung in song far reaching. If my master were still alive he would certainly say that I have chosen my company well..." The young ranger looks around with a look of pride at each and every one of the party. "I must also share our druidess' concerns, in regards to the armored foe that escaped and for Mistress Erasaunt and her pilgrims back in Orlane. I believe we should still carefully check to make sure that all of the evil has been cleansed from this foul abode and make our way back to old man Rammne (spelling correct?) in the grove. What say you, friends?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Mortaya”