Into the Lair

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Into the Lair

#501 Post by wolfpack »

rondar will crawl over to thewall and lean against it. Pulling out his drinking skin he will shakily take a gulp of water.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#502 Post by Solinor »

Argennian wrote:When he notices the prisoners calling out for help, he'll try to calm them down. "Please, everyone quiet down! You people are all safe now, unless there is other creatures or minions of evil about. Have you knowledge of such?", the young ranger querries.
Here is what you learn:

The first cell contains the son and daughter of Orlane's carpenter.
The second cell holds a merchant from Gabblestone (a distant town) who claims to be prosperous. His ill-fated caravan having been attacked in the woods close to Orlane.
There is also a woman who claims to have a farm with her husband east of Orlane.

They are able to tell you that many lizard creatures live in the tunnels and many walking dead too.
They also speak of a large cavern filled with water guarded by a large dog-like creature where the goddess lives.
They all recall the glitterng reflection of much treasure.
Whatever power this woman snake creature possessed failed to work on them.
But other members of their families and friends were unable to resist.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#503 Post by zebediah »

Solinor wrote:
zebediah wrote:Ankhar will check on Rondar and see if there is anything he can do to heal him.
He has a greivous claw wound that can use healing.
The half-elf casts a cure light wounds spell on Rondar. 4 hp healed.

When the prisoners start to be released Ankhar says "Well fellas, now I believe we have reason to return to town, guarding these honest folk back to safety." he then asks the prisoners "Does any of you know if there are other prisoners in these caves?"

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#504 Post by Solinor »

zebediah wrote:
Solinor wrote:
zebediah wrote:Ankhar will check on Rondar and see if there is anything he can do to heal him.
He has a greivous claw wound that can use healing.
The half-elf casts a cure light wounds spell on Rondar. 4 hp healed.

When the prisoners start to be released Ankhar says "Well fellas, now I believe we have reason to return to town, guarding these honest folk back to safety." he then asks the prisoners "Does any of you know if there are other prisoners in these caves?"
The common folk are very grateful for you saving them, even going so far as to offer hugs and the promise of reward when they safely return home.

They do not know of any other prisoner's as everyone was either under the power of the Naga, used as food, or turned into zombies.

If you let them know that the naga has been slain the merchant will say he believes he remember the way to the naga's living cavern.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#505 Post by Solinor »

wolfpack wrote:rondar will crawl over to thewall and lean against it. Pulling out his drinking skin he will shakily take a gulp of water.
Rondar realizes something very profound has been taken from him but his determination will win out in the end.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by wolfpack »

The thing took something from me... a part of me.. I feel weak.

Rondar will draw his cloak over his head and help himself to his feet.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#507 Post by zebediah »

"Try to focus on protecting yourself and Kraden, Rondar. At least until we return to safety and find a way to restore your strenght."
Solinor wrote:If you let them know that the naga has been slain the merchant will say he believes he remember the way to the naga's living cavern.
"Can you indicate us the way, sir?" to his companions Ankhar asks "So colleagues, should we clear that last area before we return these enduring people to their homes?"

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#508 Post by Solinor »

The merchant seems to nod greedily Yes, yes I will show you the way. There could be danger ahead but I trust to your abilites. If you have defeated the leader of these creatures then I am certain any of its followers will be no match for the likes of you. The merchant and each of the commoners take up torches to help light the way. All but the merchant are thoroughly terrified but do not argue on this course of action.

I will stand behind you the merchant says to Ankhar.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#509 Post by Solinor »

The merchant points the party through dry and muddy tunnels where you become kind of disoriented as to where you are.
You pass one muddy area where what looks like giant centipede have been ripped and shredded as if by claws. As you pass by with concern, the merchant suggests that it was the same creature you had killed in the jail that did this. OOC: Area 28

A ways further through several twists and turns an over powering stench overcomes everyone and seems to drain your strength. The merchant insists that this is the correct way. The cavern opens into a large area that looks like living quarters of the troglodytes. Carnage is everywhere, atleast a dozen troglodytes lay ripped and torn about the area. The stench is so foul that you are only able to push through the area and to another tunnel. OOC Area 33

We are getting close the merchant insists.

A short walk from the troglodyte cavern you come across the charred corpse of what looks like a small tyrannosaurus rex.
A strong iron change binding it to the wall with an iron collar. Closer inspection reveals it was killed by fire but you also see the same deep claw marks you have seen on the previous bodies. The walls of this area also look blackened by fire.OOC: Area 36

Just passed the burned area you find another underground pond with a boat. The merchant excitedly says Into the boat, we need to get into the boat.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by wolfpack »

rondar stays to the back of the party, he uses his bow as a walking stick and keeps his hood pulled low.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#511 Post by Solinor »

Everyone is able to pile into the boat and you begin to paddle across the pond. The pond has many stalagmite/stalagtite pillars. With so many torches the area is illuminated as if full daylight. OOC: Area 37

This is where we were brought to meet her the merchant says. The other commoners nodding in agreement.

Another shore comes into view and the merchant says That's it!

You land the boat in a natural area about 30' deep and 50' across. In the middle of this area is what looks like a throne made of skulls and treasure. Your torchlight reflecting silver and gold.

Many of you remember in times past sitting in the comfort of a warm inn with a full belly hearing stories of hoards of treasure. For your party, it is no longer just a story.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#512 Post by Solinor »

As the party excitedly plays with and counts the treasure you determine:
110 pp
890 gp
1302 sp
400 gp jeweled bracelet
Ruby ring worth 800 gp
A steel ring that looks like a chain of small detailed round Viking shields. Looks priceless
A silvery ring with rune carvings in it. Looks priceless
a leather bag
pair of boots that seem to match the cloak that was given to Etruna by Ramne
A horn of high quality make.
six potion bottles
Two ivory scroll tubes of brilliant white. Each is sealed and elaborately carved with leafy
patterns. each scroll tube looks to be worth 400 gp.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by rredmond »

Nuonne remarks that "it looks like the darkest of this evil place has already been taken care of. We should gather the treasure as we can, and separate it upon our return... also identify some of the more intriguing pieces."
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by wolfpack »

ronda ris sure to pocket some platinum and keeps an weary eye on the merchant

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#515 Post by zebediah »

"Agreed Nuonne, and we should refrain from wearing or trying to put to use these objects before we ascertain if any are magical and, if some are, what would be the enchantments laid upon them. I could sing to you friends several tragedies brought by magic and curses."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#516 Post by Argennian »

Kraden also turns a suspicious eye to the merchant, who seems a bit too eager considering the circumstances. Hell help with keeping the prisoners together and watching the perimeter for any surprises.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dramaman
Scout
Scout

#517 Post by dramaman »

Etruna, who apparently has been daydreaming for some time caught up in the reverie of the defeat of the naga, snaps back to reality and assists Kraden with shepherding the rescued people and keeping watch on the surrounding area for any surprises. Rondar's injury at the hand of such an unnatural creature weighs her thoughts, sending a shiver down her back. The creature is still out there somewhere, she thinks.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#518 Post by Solinor »

I assume you gather up the treasure? Improvising sacks with cloaks and such?
You find that the leather bag is able to carry far more than its size would suggest.
About a fourth of the coins in the pile will go in the 1'x1' bag.
With the large and small sacks possessed by the party another 1000 coins can be carried.
That still leaves about 800 coins of copper.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by wolfpack »

I say we leave the copper it isn't worth the task of dragging it from this pit.

rondar says sullenly

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#520 Post by zebediah »

Couldn't we use one of the chests from the other room to carry the remaining coins?

Return to “Mortaya”