The Bulletin Board

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Bulletin Board

#21 Post by Zhym »

April 27

WANTED: Adventurers to help raid an orc lair and rescue captured adventurers.

These people were taken by the orcs:
Naila Rahni
Remus of Vale
Jem, Cleric of Pelor
Orrin Lighthammer
Adrienne the Spear Hunter

If they're alive, we'll rescue them. If they aren't, we'll avenge them.
Want to help? Talk to Lug.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

May 12th-ish.

If you are going out into the wilds you need me. I've got dogs. Well bred and capable. They track and protect. And I'm no slouch, neither. I can fight good, I can help when you're hurt and I can get a fire going good. I can also read and write, which you probably figured out by me scrawling this note out, right? But I suppose if you are reading this, you can too, so never mind that. Just find me.

My price is fair - just want an equal share in whatever we find.

Oh. My name's Gared Harth.

1c deducted.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Starbeard »

May 1st, 412

VAUL IS DOOMED!!

The Finger of Doom has rent its fury,
a mysterious host is rumoured to have moved from the east,
and when the wretched hobgoblins arrive EVERYONE IS SURE TO DIE.

I would rather live. Anyone who would rather live too can meet Odium in the tavern.
I think I have a plan.

(Deducted 1c)

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by AleBelly »

May 16, 412

Varas Varkain seeks companions to return with treasure from the dragon's abode. I saw the thing. It was huge. Which means lots of treasure.

Please stop by my residence to discuss. We leave May 20. Serious inquiries only.

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Spartakos »

May 17th:

Wanted: brave souls willing to investigate a mysterious labyrinth, defying the warnings of its possible mistress. Particularly seeking magicians, clerics, archers, and someone able to read and write dwarvish.

Inquire with Sir Galen Starfall; word can be left at the Briarstone.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Starbeard »

May 17th, 412:

His Illustriousness, Sir Odium Contemptus wishes to interview members of previous expeditions to the Dwarven tombs to the east of Vaul, which in recent days possessed the soul of an unfortunate dwarf named Bromric.

Food and drink will be provided for those who wish to contribute to the study of this place, plus a modest fee commensurate to the quality of verifiable information. Sir Odium can be found at the Briarstone Tavern.

(-1c)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Keehnelf »

May 20, Year 2719 of the Era of Infinite Consideration

On behalf of the new gnomish arrivals in your fair town, I would like to extend a thank you to our new hosts and a blessing upon all your houses. Without your aid and support we would surely all be dead. As you know, we have been working to speed rebuilding of the town, but we are once again ready to challenge ourselves.

I have spoken with my fellows, and we have developed a plan that will allow us to employ the natural energies of the mountains immediately to the south of Vaul to power and smelter and forge of tremendous power and capacity. We hope that this will improve the production capacity of the town and allow us to take advantage of the many rich and valuable minerals in the Finger of Doom and the hills to the east.

The unfortunate thing is, that such a project is expensive. We have secured a small loan from the crown to begin construction on this project, but we will require an additional 15,555 gold pieces in raw materials in order to complete the work to the fullest extent of its design. Here are our guideposts:

555gp - completion of primary forge

This will effectively double the current production capacity provided by the existing forge, and allow for the employment of the full complement of gnomes and human laborers with no waiting.

1,555gp - completion of smelting facilities

This will allow us to refine most metals from ore in bulk, once a suitable supply chain is established, as well as allow for the creation of standard alloys such as bronze and steel.

10,555gp - completion of advanced smelting facilities

This will allow us to refine any metals from ore in bulk, and allow for the creation of any alloy.

15,555gp - completion of advanced forge

This will quadruple our existing metal-goods production capacity, as well as allowing us to work with all exotic metals in addition to the standard ones.

---

If you have any gems, coins, or items of salable value you wish to donate, we will gladly accept anything you can offer. Stop by our workshop for inquiries or to make gifts.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zhym »

May 19, VC 1 EoIC 2719

Adventurers needed for noble quest to return peace to a troubled dwarven tomb. See Ulf Stronghammer or Seadu the Reborn for more information.

(-1c)

Return to “Settlement - Vaul”