[Closed] - Loot, Loot, and Treasure!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[Closed] - Loot, Loot, and Treasure!

#1 Post by Keehnelf »

Discuss how to split your loot here, folks. That way it won't interfere with discussions in the tavern or other town business. Please indicate at the beginning of your loot-splitting discussion WHERE it is taking place, however. A single-bed inn room is not sufficient space, but a suite would be, as would the tavern or the inn's common sleeping room, or a private residence.
Last edited by Keehnelf on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Loot, Loot, and Treasure!

#2 Post by AleBelly »

Tavern, March 17, 3pm
Zhym wrote:If we want to balance gold according to who got valuable items, here's what I suggest as a split:

Battle Axe + 81 gp (already distributed)
Spell book + 81 gp (already distributed)
Scepter + 253 gp (including the 81 already distributed)
Potion + 425 gp (including the 81 already distributed)

The shield counts as 5 gp, so if Harold takes the potion, whoever takes the scepter would get the extra 5.

It sounds like Varas could use cash, based on his desire for a house, so maybe the above list is, in order, Dorvar, Wendall, Harold, Varas?

ETA: It might be equitable to shift a bit more gold to whoever gets the scepter (even if it's not Harold), since identifying it is probably going to cost something.
Sounds like an equitable approach. If Varas takes the potion, he'll leave 50 gp for those getting the spell book and axe. It would suck to have no hard currency (so he'll take 325 gp instead of 425).

Since he won't use the axe much, he won't want it if it means no gold.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Zhym »

The proposed distribution has everyone keeping the 81 gold Harold already split before getting to town. That was so that no one would get stuck without any spending money. The allocation for whoever takes the scepter and whoever takes the potion includes the money already distributed. So if Varas takes the potion, he'd get 344 gp on top of the 81 he already received. If he takes the scepter, he'd get an additional 173 (for a total of 253).

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by AleBelly »

Reading comprehension fail! Thanks Zhym. :oops:

I'm fine with this approach.
Last edited by AleBelly on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Zhym »

I'm happy to take the scepter or the potion, with a slight preference for the scepter (it might be cleric-usable), but only a slight preference (because getting it identified may be a pain).

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

Oh, and I need to correct my math: the shield counts as part of Harold's gold allocation, so if he takes the scepter, he gets 248 gold, not 253, but there isn't any extra gold to give to someone else.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#7 Post by Scott308 »

I'm fine with that split. Good thing I grabbed the potion that nobody seemed to want. :)
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by AleBelly »

So you're keeping the axe and Varas the potion? Yeah, good thing you grabbed it! :P

Scott308

#9 Post by Scott308 »

Unless anyone else wants the axe. If they do, we can arm wrestle for it. :lol: I have the potion listed as:
Potion, unknown, blood-red
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by AleBelly »

Great. Varas will take it and see if he can find any guinea pigs in town.

Scott308

#11 Post by Scott308 »

I just read the Town Business thread- do you want the axe? If you do, you can have it.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by AleBelly »

No, Varas will not have a long life as a melee fighter :-)

Would Dorvar rather have the potion?

Scott308

#13 Post by Scott308 »

OK. I didn't think anyone else would want it but then read something that seemed you might be interested. Didn't want to strong-arm the party if somebody else wanted it. I'm fine with the axe.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by AleBelly »

Nah, I thought that you had not really wanted it, so didn't want you to get strong-armed into taking it...

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Keehnelf »

Definitely worth keeping, to me: Dorvar is the only person in town with an enchanted weapon!

Scott308

#16 Post by Scott308 »

In today's episode - Dorvar takes his enchanted axe and takes over the dukedom. Who's with me?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Wendall is a might confused, you know.....with the brain damage and all. What was the final total for XPs and GP's? Or are we still figuring that out? (the multi post/multi thread convos were hard to decipher for a child) ;)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Zhym »

Treasure wise, Wendall gets the spell book and the 81 gp he already got when gold was split in the field.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Keehnelf »

And with his recent brain damage, he just gets the straight XP total listed in the last post of the expedition thread at the bottom.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Zhym »

Jem is the only PC cleric in town at the moment, right? Any chance he could detect magic at the loot before we decide what to do with it?

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”