The Unknown Land...

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

The Unknown Land...

#1 Post by mb. »

This thread is only for those who have died. Please keep this in mind and either do not read it, or strive to roleplay your ignorance of what takes place here.

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Unknown Land...

#2 Post by mb. »

Boggs, you are dead.

Luckily Dungeon World has a rather cool way of dealing with death. Here's the move:
When you’re dying you catch a glimpse of what lies beyond the Black Gates of Death’s Kingdom (the GM will describe it). Then roll (just roll, +nothing—yeah, Death doesn’t care how tough or cool you are). ✴On a 10+, you’ve cheated Death—you’re in a bad spot but you’re still alive. ✴On a 7–9, Death himself will offer you a bargain. Take it and stabilize or refuse and pass beyond the Black Gates into whatever fate awaits you. ✴On 6-, your fate is sealed. You’re marked as Death’s own and you’ll cross the threshold soon. The GM will tell you when.
Since it can make for some really interesting story, I'll give you a choice: either roll and take what you get, or take the 7-9 result without rolling.

Which do you prefer?

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by KingOfCowards »

Well that's too bad. I didn't realize Boggs was so injured, despite having a constant reminder in your signature.
A tempting offer to be sure. Boggs has lived by luck so far, so I will go with the roll. Something about cheating death sounds pretty badass.
Death Roll: [2d6] = 4
Figures. It was not to be. Thanks for the ride mb. I apologize for acting so carelessly, if I was down more than 10 hit points I should have drank the potion.
"I suppose I've earned this." Boggs accepts his fate.
Last edited by KingOfCowards on Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mb.
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by mb. »

Don't give up so easily! It's not over. You’re marked as Death’s own and you’ll cross the threshold soon. The GM will tell you when. That does mean it'll be over soon, but not quite yet.

Return to “The Balance Shifts... (Dungeon World)”