Character Creation

Eulalios

Character Creation

#1 Post by Eulalios »

Please proceed by the book, rolling stats. Please note ignore my pet peeve House Rules for encumbrance, height, and weight. They don't fit the flavor that I want for this game.

Post your character descriptions only as the only replies to this thread, and please also include a link (like this) to your character's archived rolls on the USDR - starting from stats. Campaign ID is #220. Any questions please use OOC thread.

Further note you may forego racial ability bonuses, in favor of taking a feat at 1st level.

Eulalios

Character Creation

#2 Post by Eulalios »

Here is my template for a character sheet that I can read on any nets connected display
Name gender Culture Background Class-Level

You see ... narrative description ... e.g., "a small and slight-framed (3'7", 47 lb) female with greenish-blonde hair down to her shoulder blades. Her eyes are large and brown/green shifty in color. Her smile is frequent, and also just a bit shifty. She stands quite still aside from her smile and her restless eyes. Her voice is high-pitched and liquid. She wears, over her traveling clothes, a set of studded leather dyed in dappled marshy colors, and compact backpack. Weaponry is draped all over her, including a rapier, a shortsword, some daggers, a tiny crossbow, and a case of crossbow bolts at her belt."

Combat
max HP , AC (Armor or other basis for AC)
-> please list weight in lb# next to each item of equipment ... because I use encumbrance ...
Size :: base move ; total load ; loaded move
Class Features
Weapons
MAIN melee weapon
GAUCHE melee weapon
SPARE melee weapon
RANGED weapon
Prepared spells

Languages

Personality
1st Trait
2d Trait
Ideal
Bond
Flaw

Stats (+2 prof bonus)
STAT A [4d6k3] + racial bonus if any -> final :: (+stat bonus) related skills, tools
STAT B etc.
x6 <- arrange to suit

Other equipment
clothing,
trinket,
pack
  • contents of pack
spellbook
  • spells in the book

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Character Creation

#3 Post by MrHemlocks »

Many times, in life, it is the littlest things that make the most lasting impressions...

Name: Periwinkle, Race:Gnome (Forest), Gender: Male, Age:183, Height:3', Weight:39#

Background:Guild Artisan-Baker/Cook, Class:Rogue, Level:1, XP:0, Alignment:NG

STR:14(+2), DEX:16(+3), INT:16(+3), WIS:14(+2), CON:14(+2), CHR:11

AC:17, Hit Points:10, Prof Bonus:+2, Init. Bonus:+5, Speed:25', Hit Die:d8

Saving Throws:
Strength: +2, Dexterity: +5, Intelligence: +5, Wisdom: +2, Constitution: +2, Charisma: 0

Magic Items:

Trinket: A blank book whose pages refuse to hold ink, chalk, graphite or any other substance or writing.

SKILLS:
Acrobats:+7(P), Animal Handling:+2, Arcana:+5, Athletics:+2, Deception:0, History:+5, Insight:+2, Intimidation:0, Investigation:+5, Medicine:+2, Nature:+5, Perception:+4(P) Performance:0, Persuasion:0, Religion:+5, Slight of Hand:+7(P&E), Stealth:+7(P&E) Survival:+2

Items on Person:
Burglar Pack (1k Ball Bearings [2#], 10' String, Bell, 5 Candles, Crowbar [5#], Hammer [3#], 10 Pitons [3#], Hooded Lantern [2#],
2 Oil [2#], 2 Days Ration [4#], Tinder Box, Water Skin, 50' Rope [10#])
Backpack (5#) , Thieves Tools, Belt Pouch (1#), Fishing Tackle (2#), Mess Kit (1#), 2 Sacks (2#), Whistle, Soap, 5 Iron Spikes (2#),
3 Torch (3#), Whetstone (1#), 3 Chalk, 1 Empty Scroll Case (1#)

Items In Den:
Two Daggers, Travelers Clothes, Guild Letter, Blanket, Caltrops, Baking Supplies & Cooking Tools, Iron Pot

Weapons:
Short Sword --- +5/+3 With Base Damage = 1d6 (3#)
Short Bow --- +5/+3 With Base Damage = 1d6 (2#)
20 Arrows

Armor:
Studded Leather (13#)

Coinage:32 Gold, Weight Carried = 67#

Traits: Perfectionist, Idea:He works hard to be best at his craft., Bond:The work shop is VERY important to him., Flaw: I will do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless.

Spells: Minor Illusion

Special Abilities:
Superior Darkvision, Advantage on all Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma Saves, Speak With Small Beast, Sneak Attack, Expertise

LtTibbles
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by LtTibbles »

Sigmund, Human Fighter

You see an average sized human (5'11, 170lbs.) with short, combed back brownish red hair formed into a deep widows peak, a finely trimmed mustache and bright green eyes. He wears, over his fine traveling clothes, a set of studded leather dyed in regal blue and purple, and travelers backpack. On his right ring finger is his family's old signet ring, the only heirloom left of his fallen house. The only weaponry apparent on his person are a rapier and dagger on his belt and a small dueling buckler hanging from his pack.
Name: Sigmund, Race: Human, Gender: Male, Age:33, Height:5'11, Weight:170#

Background: Charlatan, Class:Fighter, Level:1, XP:0, Alignment:LN

Stats:
STR:13 (+1), DEX:16 (+3), INT:10 (0), WIS:12 (+1), CON:15 (+2), CHR:13 (+1)

AC:17, Hit Points:12, Prof Bonus:+2, Init. Bonus:+3, Speed:30', Hit Die: 1d10 Size: Medium

Saving Throws:
Strength: +3, Dexterity: +3, Intelligence: +0, Wisdom: +1, Constitution: +4, Charisma: 1

Magic Items: N/A

Trinket: An ornate brooch of dwarven design.

SKILLS:
Acrobats:+5(P), Animal Handling:+1, Arcana:+0, Athletics:+1, Deception:+3(P), History:+0, Insight:+1, Intimidation:+1, Investigation:+0, Medicine:+1, Nature:+1, Perception:+3(P) Performance:+1, Persuasion:+1, Religion:+1, Slight of Hand:+5(P), Stealth:+3 Survival:+1

Tool Proficiency: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit.

Items on Person:
Explorer’s Pack. Includes a backpack (5#), a bedroll (7#), a mess kit (1), a tinderbox (1#), 10 torches (10#), 10 days of rations (20#), a waterskin (5#), 50 feet of hempen rope (10#), set of fine clothes (6#), a disguise kit (3#), a signet ring of an imaginary duke, and a belt pouch (1#), Healer's Kit (3#), Forgery Kit (5#).

Weapons:
Rapier (2#),
2x Daggers (4#), (One on his belt, one in his boot)

Armor:
Studed Leather(13#)
Shield (6#)

Coinage: 31gp 60s, Weight Carried = 102 Lbs. Carrying Capacity = 195 Lbs.

Traits:
Favorite Scheme: I run sleight-of-hand cons on street corners.
Personality Trait: Sarcasm and Insults are my weapon of choice.
Ideal: Charity, I distribute the money I acquire to the people who really need it. (Good)
Bond: I come from a noble family, and one day I’ll reclaim my lands and title from those who stole them from me.
Flaw: I’m convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Languages: Common, Dwarvish

Spells: N/A

Special Abilities:
Fighting Style: Dueling, +2 Bonus Damage while wielding only 1 melee weapon.

Second Wind: On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Stats: CON:14, DEX:15, STR:12, CHR:12, WIS:11, INT:9

Sigmund's Rolls
Last edited by LtTibbles on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

Lora Droverson, Human, Fighter
Lora Droverson.jpg
Lora Droverson.jpg (110.02 KiB) Viewed 5100 times
Lora is tall, sturdy, attractive and dangerous. She frequently wears apparel of green to match her eyes, and typically wears her blonde hair pulled back, but with bangs parted in the center which dip to just below her shoulder. Perhaps her most distinguishing feature is a tattoo of her people beneath her right eyes. She dons a fresh suit of chain mail and a metallic shield with the face of a red fox emblazoned upon it. She is frequently seen practicing calligraphy.

Name: Lora Droverson, Race: Human, Gender: Female, Age: 23, Size: Medium, Height: 5'10', Weight: 113 pounds, Hair: Blonde Eyes: Green
Background: Folk Hero, Class:Fighter, Level:1, Alignment: Chaotic Good

Stats:
STR: 14 (+2), DEX: 16 (+3), CON: 14 (+2), INT: 14 (+2), WIS: 13 (+1), CHA: 15 (+2)

Hit Points
- Hit Die: 1d10 (or 6 + constitution modifier per level)
- Total: 10+2 = 12
- Current: 12

Armor Class: 13+2+2+1 = 18
- Chain shirt, shield, dexterity modifier (max 2), defense fighting style
Speed: 30'

Experience Points (p.10)
- Current: 0
- Needed: 300
- Proficiency Bonus: +2

Special Abilities:
- Fighting Style: Defense While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.
- Second Wind: On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Saving Throws: Strength (+2), Constitution (+2)
-
Languages: Common, Goblin
-
Traits:
Defining Event: Recruited into a lord’s army, I rose to leadership and was commended for my heroism.
Personality Traits: Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling. (Any)
Bond: My tools are symbols of my past life, and I carry them so that I will never forget my roots.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.
-
Skills:
Animal Handling (Wis +1)
Athletics (Str +2)
Intimidation (Cha +2)
Survival (Wis +1)
-
Tool Proficiency: Calligrapher's supplies, vehicles (land) <-- not sure what to do with this?
-
Trinket: A white, sequined glove sized for a human.
-
Equipment
Armor (26 pounds)
Chain shirt (20)
Shield (6)
-
Weapons (3 pounds)
Longsword (3)
-
Adventuring Gear (xx pounds) (50.5 pounds) = (5+24.5) + 4 + (1+1) + (1+4) + 5 + 5
Backpack (24.5 of 30 pounds capacity) (5)
- Bedroll (7)
- Blanket (3)
- Case, map or scroll (1)
- Calligrapher's supplies (5)
- Healer's kit (3)
- Mess kit (1)
- Sack (0.0 of 30 pound capacity) (0.5)
- Tinder box (1)
- Torches (3) (1 x 3 = 3)
Clothes, traveling (4)
Pouch (1.0 pounds of 6 pounds capacity) (1)
- Chalk (10 pieces) (--)
- Coins (--)
- Whetstone (1)
Pouch (4.0 of 6 pounds capacity) (1)
- Rations (2 days) (2 x 2 = 4)
Signal whistle (--)
Silk rope (50') (5)
Waterskin (4 pints capacity) (5, full)

---

Armor: Chain Shirt (Don: 5 minutes, Doff: 1 minute), Shield
-
Weapons: Longsword (1d8 slashing; versatile (1d10))
-
Wealth
GP: 0
SP: 4
CP: 1

Encumbrance
- Weight Carried: 79.5 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 210 pounds (p.60)

Link to RollsAbility #1: [1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 4 | 6+4+4 = 14
Ability #2: [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 2 | 3+4+6 = 13
Ability #3: [1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 3 | 6+4+3 = 13
Ability #4: [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 6 | 4+3+6 = 13
Ability #5: [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 6 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 6 | 6+3+6 = 15
Ability #6: [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 2 | 5+5+2 = 12
Height: 4'06" + [2d10] = 18", Weight: 90lbs + [1d4] = 1lbs
Last edited by dmw71 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Computer +1 »

Darran Kray, Magic User, Level 1

Darran is a tall and slender man with short black hair and a beard. His bearing is proud and the gear he carries is relatively simple yet well made. He smiles easily but the dark circles under his eyes betray inner sadness.

Name: Darran Kray, Race: Human, Gender: Male, Age: 24, Size: Medium, Height: 6'1", Weight: 170 pounds, Hair: Black Eyes: Hazel
Background: , Class:Magic User, Level:1, Alignment:

Stats:
STR: 9 (-1), DEX: 15(+2), CON: 14(+2), INT: 18(+4) , WIS: 12(+1), CHA: 14 (+2)

Hit Points
- Hit Die:
- Total:
- Current:

Armor Class:

Experience Points (p.10)
- Needed:
- Proficiency Bonus:

Special Abilities:

Saving Throws:
-
Languages:
Read and Write Common
High Elven
-
Traits:
Defining Event:
Personality Traits:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:
-
Skills:

Tool Proficiency:
-
Trinket:
-
Equipment
---

Armor:

Weapons:

Spells: Cantrips-3 / 1st Level-2
-
Wealth
GP:
SP:
CP:

Encumbrance
- Weight Carried:
- Carrying Capacity:

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ybn1197 »

Petrus Delacruix, Human Cleric

Name: Petrus Delacruix, Race: Human, Gender: Male, Age: 24, Size: Medium, Height: 5'10', Weight: 186 pounds, Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Background: Acolyte, Class:Cleric, Level:1, Alignment: Neutral Good

Stats:
STR: 9 (-1), DEX: 15 (+2), CON: 9 (-1), INT: 15 (+2), WIS: 15 (+2), CHA: 15 (+2)

Hit Points
- Hit Die: 1d8 (or 5 + constitution modifier per level)
- Total: 7
- Current: 7

Armor Class: 13+2+2+1 = 18
- Chain shirt, shield, dexterity modifier (max 2), defense fighting style

Experience Points (p.10)
- Needed: 300
- Proficiency Bonus: +2

Special Abilities:
- Fighting Style: Defense While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.
- Second Wind: On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.

Saving Throws: Wisdom (+2), Charisma (+2)
-
Languages: Common, Celestial, Dwarvish, Giant
-
Traits:
Shelter of the Faithful: Receive healing and care at a temple of faith
Personality Traits: I've enjoyed fine food, drink and high society among my temple's elite. Rough living grates on me.
Ideal: Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy. (Lawful)
Bond: I seek to preserve a sacred text that my enemies consider heretical and seek to destroy.
Flaw: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple's hierarchy.
-
Skills:
Insight
Medicine
Persuasion
Religion
-
Tool Proficiency: none
-
Trinket: A silver skull the size of a coin.
-
Equipment
Armor (26 pounds)
Chain shirt (20)
Shield (6)
-
Weapons (3 pounds)
Longsword (3)
-
Adventuring Gear (xx pounds) (50.5 pounds) = (5+24.5) + 4 + (1+1) + (1+4) + 5 + 5
Backpack (24.5 of 30 pounds capacity) (5)
- Bedroll (7)
- Blanket (3)
- Case, map or scroll (1)
- Calligrapher's supplies (5)
- Healer's kit (3)
- Mess kit (1)
- Sack (0.0 of 30 pound capacity) (0.5)
- Tinder box (1)
- Torches (3) (1 x 3 = 3)
Clothes, traveling (4)
Pouch (1.0 pounds of 6 pounds capacity) (1)
- Chalk (10 pieces) (--)
- Coins (--)
- Whetstone (1)
Pouch (4.0 of 6 pounds capacity) (1)
- Rations (2 days) (2 x 2 = 4)
Signal whistle (--)
Silk rope (50') (5)
Waterskin (4 pints capacity) (5, full)

---

Armor: Chain Shirt (Don: 5 minutes, Doff: 1 minute), Shield
-
Weapons: Longsword (1d8 slashing; versatile (1d10))
-
Wealth
GP: 0
SP: 4
CP: 1

Encumbrance
- Weight Carried: 79.5 pounds
- Carrying Capacity: 210 pounds (p.60)

Stats: STR:8, CON:8, WIS:15, DEX:14, INT:14, CHR:14

Aetius
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by Aetius »

Tandil, High Elf Wizard

An above-average sized high elf (5'11'' and 165lbs.) with long blonde hair pinned to the back of his head, with bright blue eyes and milky white skin. He is wearing a robe dyed deep purple and parted in the front. Underneath his robe he wears an ivory color cloth shirt and olive green pants. Slung over his back, he has a fine longbow of elvish design and a leather quiver. The ends of 20 arrows can be seen protruding from the quiver.

Name: Tandil Race: High Elf Gender: Male, Age: 145, Height: 6' Weight: 155#

Background: Researcher Class: Wizard, Level: 1, XP: 0, Alignmnet: CG

STR: 12 (+1) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 15 (+2) INT: 17 (+3) WIS: 12 (+1) CHR: 10 (0)
Rolls:http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... ts&pc=2056

AC: 13, Hit Points:8, Prof Bonus: +2

Saving Throws:
Strength: +1, Dexterity: +3, Intelligence: +5, Wisdom: +5, Constitution: +2, Charisma: 0

Skills:
Arcana, Investigation

Items on Person:
Torch [2]
Spellbook
Component Pouch (contains fleece and leather, among other things)
Bottle of black ink, a quill, small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been bale to answer, a set of common clothes, and a belt puch.

Weapons:
Longbow [1d20+4] with [1d8+2]
Quarterstaff [1d20+3] with [1d6+1]

Armor:
None

Coinage:
12 gold

Sage
Personality trait: There is nothing I like more than a good mystery
Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement
is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bond: My life’s work is a series of tomes related to a specific
field of lore
Flaw: Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I
stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Languages: Common, Elven, Orcish, Draconic

Spells

Level 0 (4 known)
Acid Splash: (1 action, 60ft., VS, Instant) Target (2 if within 5ft. of each other) makes dex saving throw or 1d6 acid damage
Fire Bolt: (1 action, 120ft., VS, Instant) Ranged spell attack, on hit 1d10 fire damage
Ray of Frost: (1 action, 60ft., VS, Instant) Ranged spell attack, 1d8 cold damage speed reduced by 10
Minor Illusion: (1 action, 30ft., SM (bit of fleece) Create a sound or image of an object within range that lasts for the duration.

Level 1 (6 known/4 prepared/2 slots)
Magic Missile: (1 action, 120 ft., VS, Instant) Three glowing darts 1d4+1 force damage each
Thunderwave: (1 action, self [15 foot cube] VS, Instant) Each creature, con saving throw, 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 ft. on a fail, 1d8 thunder damage on a success
Burning Hands: (1 action, self [15ft cone], VS, Instant) Each creature takes 3d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much on a success
Mage armor: (1 action, touch, VSM [cured leather], 8 hours) Target's AC is 13 + dex
Cure wounds: Regain hit points equal to 1d8+Int.
Guiding Bolt: (1 action 120 ft., VS, 1 round): Make a ranged spell attack against the target, on a hit target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and next attack roll has advantage
Detect Magic (ritual): (1 action, self, VS, Concentration, up to 10 minutes): For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 ft of you.

Spell save DC = 8 + 2 + 3 = 13
Spell attack= 2+3= +5

Features:
Dark vision
4-hour Rest
Arcane Recovery: Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots
to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level

Return to “Of Course It Begins in a Tavern”