(IC) Field trip, scene 5

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (IC) Field trip, scene 5

#141 Post by Q.Q Elf »

In the black cathedral, Kate stares down Vanessa/Victoria. Victoria freezes in mid-stride. She can't move a muscle. It's all she can do to freeze in place. Before collapsing, she blurts out, "Run!"

Domenica Flenchez has a welt on the side of her face, but she continues to laugh at the scene in front of her. As she approaches Kate with the obsidian knife, she asks, "Do you see? You have no power here. Do you see, Chosen?"

mc voice... And here I thought it was going to be simple. :shock:

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Summer jumps a little, then smiles slowly. It's OK, sweetie, she thinks to the presence inside. It's all going to be OK. Shh. Quiet now.

Shut Down Lucinda: 2d6-1=3. What a way to start off a new existence.
Nononono! Summer?! Nononinononono! Ohmygod! What did you do to me?

Summer feels her self panicking, even though the panic is wholly part of Lucinda. Summer manages to keep it together, but Lucinda continues to push random emotional buttons inside as she bounces her mind off of the limits of her predicament.

mc voice. For lack of better, Lucinda gets 1 String to mess with Summer's activities.
Last edited by Q.Q Elf on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#143 Post by Mister-Kent »

Meanwhile, In Hell

Seeing Victoria drop, seemingly paralyzed by her ordeal, Kate screams out an unintelligible cry of concern. She scoops Victoria up in her arms and follows her friend's advice, turning tail and running--just running without stopping for anything and anyone. She tramples over zombies and ghouls and any other manner of thing that Seth hasn't torn through, and crashes her way outside the cathedral...

Running Away, GTFO Edition 2d6+1=11
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Mister-Kent wrote:Meanwhile, In Hell

Seeing Victoria drop, seemingly paralyzed by her ordeal, Kate screams out an unintelligible cry of concern. She scoops Victoria up in her arms and follows her friend's advice, turning tail and running--just running without stopping for anything and anyone. She tramples over zombies and ghouls and any other manner of thing that Seth hasn't torn through, and crashes her way outside the cathedral...

Running Away, GTFO Edition 2d6+1=11
Meanwhile a very pissed off wolf now stands between the zombies/demons+Domenica Flenchez and Kate carrying Victoria/Vanessa.

And he doesn't seem to be willing to let anyone left in the cathedral walk out of here...

I'll throw in a roll for Domenica after he is done with the zombie horde...Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 10+1 = 11 Add 1 harm for a total of 3, add that to the one Kate did and I'd say Domenica just got her life ruined.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Outside the black cathedral, Kate carries Victoria away from the damned place as fast as she can. She almost trips over the mangled body of Frederick. "Well, that must have gone well! I didn't think you'd get her out of there. But where's your Werewolf friend?"

The Move says you get away to a place of safety. So there's no pursuit. Just figure out how you'd like to move forward with a corpse and someone who is possessed & unconscious. :)

Inside the black cathedral, the Werewolf leaps the remaining monsters, and savagely attacks Domenica Flenchez. With a bite of his jaws, Seth rips open the woman's neck, and she falls to the ground, bleeding out profusely.

The remaining dead things and demons keep after Seth, however. The mob of creatures grasping and clawing towards the mad Werewolf.

ok. 3 more wounds on Domenica means she's down. There are only 2 wounds in the gang of hellbeasts, I think.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Rukellian »

Clark has seen enough of this for one night. He gives the Emissary and his friends a proper nod of the head saying something about seeing them at the party. He stops by the warehouse district at the docks and picks up a six-pack of beer, knowing that if he has the money, he doesn't need Id there. Clark then proceeds to drown out the night's events with alcohol at his apartment. The effect is very weak though, the Fallen Angel's sweet, evil laughter ringing in his ears as he falls asleep.

Damn.... what am I going to be doing with my life once it is truly mine again? His last thoughts before falling asleep.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I had rolled previously as the "second" round of attacks for the group, so I should have now 1 harm and they should be at 4 harm.

However, in case you want to do things fresh, here's another Volatile roll!

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 8+1 = 9 - Spending the 1 string I got from last combat to turn that into a 10 and since it is a ten I will choose to do an additional harm for a total of 3 harm to the zombie beast horde!

And now, if the battle is over and Seth in wolf form is standing among the mauled and mangled bodies of his victims...

Seth, in his werewolf form, stands among the bodies he just felled, growling and snarling with every breath. He looks around the chapel for any more enemies. After finding none he begins the process of calming down the beast, regaining control... "Not sure if this is correct but I'd like to use a hold steady move, calming his bestial side enough to transform back into his human form since this transformation was controlled.
Seth Cold Roll: [2d6-1] = 9-1 = 8 - Success! And if that is acceptable with everyone as a move I will also be advancing due to it, taking Heightened senses...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#148 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Now Lucinda, Summer thinks, there's no point wailing against fate. It's a done deal. I'm in the driver's seat and that's how it's going to be.

So what did you have planned for Mrs. Meecher, hmm? And how much have you told Julie and Cassidy yet?

Manipulating Lucinda to tell (or let slip) what her plans were: 2d6+2=6. This is going so well!

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#149 Post by Mister-Kent »

"Shut up! Seth can handle himself! And I'm going back for him..."

Kneeling on the ground, Frederick's talktative corpse to one side and Victoria's unconscious possessed body on the other, Kate presses her hands to her face, trying to focus on the old master's technique.

"Swirling darkness, the abyss, look within you!" she chants, inviting some vision of her correct path. "C'mon dammit, it worked a minute ago!"

She clutches her temples and screams. "What do I do? What do I do?"

Gaze into Le Abyss 2d6-1=5
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Darkest Self has some specific cure conditions. You're supposed to be raging pissed off teenager (who happens to be a Werewolf), not Werewolf (who happens to be a teenager).

You have to make someone hurt that Seth really doesn't want to hurt, or the next day arrives (which may be tough in Hell). At least that's what I recall without looking at the PDF.

There's no getting out of Darkest Self that easily!

Seth rips through the remaining creatures like a hot buzzsaw through a stick of butter. He's splattered with black stuff and bits of rotting flesh & bone.

After everything is dead and splattered, he bounds away from the black cathedral. Prey, he thinks in his mind. More things to hurt.

Ahead, somewhere across a plain of crushed black glass the Werewolf senses Kate, Dead-Frederick, and the unconscious Victoria/Vanessa. Prey

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#151 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Now Lucinda, Summer thinks, there's no point wailing against fate. It's a done deal. I'm in the driver's seat and that's how it's going to be.

So what did you have planned for Mrs. Meecher, hmm? And how much have you told Julie and Cassidy yet?

Manipulating Lucinda to tell (or let slip) what her plans were: 2d6+2=6. This is going so well!

You're forcing me to come up with something! *sigh* Okay...

There's silence for a little while. Summer can almost see the wheels grinding in Lucinda's head as she tries to make sense of what is going on.

Sooooo, Summer... why the hell are you in my head, and why am I not moving my arms and legs? Did you do something funky to me? You are sooo in trouble. I am totally going to cut you off when this nightmare is all over.

Are you going to help me with my plans? Fine. At least I'll get a front row seat to all of this.

Unbeknownst to these two sluts, I slipped Mrs. Meecher something in her drink. She should be passed out in the other room about now.

And Julie and Cassidy? Those sluts also needed to be taught a lesson. They also got the happy pills in their drinks... and they should be going to sleepy time right about...

Hey! Wake up! Why are we getting so tired?! Summer!!!

Summer sees Julie wink at Cassidy as both girls try to grab hold of Lucinda-Summer's arms.

Julie laughs, and says, "Lucinda, dear. Sometimes, you are such a bitch. It's about time someone taught YOU a lesson."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Darkest Self has some specific cure conditions. You're supposed to be raging pissed off teenager (who happens to be a Werewolf), not Werewolf (who happens to be a teenager).

You have to make someone hurt that Seth really doesn't want to hurt, or the next day arrives (which may be tough in Hell). At least that's what I recall without looking at the PDF.

There's no getting out of Darkest Self that easily!

Seth rips through the remaining creatures like a hot buzzsaw through a stick of butter. He's splattered with black stuff and bits of rotting flesh & bone.

After everything is dead and splattered, he bounds away from the black cathedral. Prey, he thinks in his mind. More things to hurt.

Ahead, somewhere across a plain of crushed black glass the Werewolf senses Kate, Dead-Frederick, and the unconscious Victoria/Vanessa. Prey
Works for me, oddly enough he has a spirit connection with maybe half of Victoria now? And with kate being an old friend I'd say he probably cares about her so... Sorry bout this Kent but you may but in for a bit of an injury...

Seth stalks up the mound, his heavy foot falls crunching the melded obsidian glass beneath him, He catches the scent and turns his massive head towards the group, taking in their scents. The rage still building up within him as his vision turns red and hazy, the beast charges them, swiping at the nearest one... Possible targets of Kate, Victoria/Vanessa, or Frederick. Due to everyone's state it's probably gonna be Kate though...

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8 - Giving out a string, if he hits anyone besides Frederick he will most likely revert back after realizing what he did, feeling guilty and awful about it gives the other person that bit of power over him...

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#153 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer's thoughts are blurring. She tries to look into the emptiness inside for a clue to how to escape the situation, but there isn't an emptiness any more, there's a Lucinda and Lucinda definitionally has no clue. "Stupid Lucinda, always in the way," she mutters, not realizing she's speaking aloud. "How do we get out of this one, you heinous bitch?" She clears her throat and tries to speak clearly. "Lucinda's not home right now. OK? She's gone where the goblins go, below, below, below, yo ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out—" She realizes she's babbling and stops short, tries again. "A li'l coffee, maybe a finger down the throat first, and we can talk this out? Please? You've got the wrong girl…"

Manipulate NPC to convince the girls that they should change their plans: 2d6+2=9

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#154 Post by Q.Q Elf »

looking at the Werewolf thing, it says you stop being rageoholic Wolf when you hurt "someone you really care about".

I don't know if Kate qualifies since Seth barely knows her. Frederick would be dead meat (again). Victoria also is an acquaintance at best. The Vanessa angle is your most likely one.

The problem is that she's out, Kate is trying to save her. If she wakes, Vanessa's spirit will be the driver again... but this is going to take some pain. I don't see another way.

There's a thick crunch as the Werewolf barrels into Kate, sending her flying onto a jagged pile of blasted rocks. She's bleeding from a dozen places, and every breath brings a stab of fiery pain to her entire body. (2 more Harm because the Werewolf is always "armed". Ouch! Time to think about Darkest Self, or something else. Kate does pick up a String on the Wolf in the process
Frederick falls over and plays dead. This is not difficult, given his current condition.

Victoria hits the ground hard. The jolt wakes her up, but she's otherwise unhurt. But it's not Victoria inside, calling the shots. She picks up a jagged chunk of stone as she rises, looking at both the Werewolf and the Chosen One.

Knowing her chances against the Wolf are not good, armed only with the rock, she runs for Kate, the rock held high over her head.
Last edited by Q.Q Elf on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#155 Post by Q.Q Elf »

At Mrs. Meecher's house...

Julie pauses a moment as she and Cassidy securely grab hold of Lucinda's arms.

Julie looks into Lucinda/Summer's eyes and says, "You can't just buy me off, honey. Not this time.

"But we can be nice. Reasonable. Unlike you, you monster.

"Give me the password to your ugly ass phone. That's right. The keys to the kingdom. Oh, yeah, you're going to report that it was lost... some time after the sleepy juice wears off, anyway. One way or another, your phone will get wiped, and we'll all start fresh. Doesn't that sound great?"

Julie smiles unpleasantly.

Inside Summer, Lucinda is feeling no pain. She giggles. Oh, man. That Lucinda is in trouble!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:looking at the Werewolf thing, it says you stop being rageoholic Wolf when you hurt "someone you really care about".

I don't know if Kate qualifies since Seth barely knows her. Frederick would be dead meat (again). Victoria also is an acquaintance at best. The Vanessa angle is your most likely one.

The problem is that she's out, Kate is trying to save her. If she wakes, Vanessa's spirit will be the driver again... but this is going to take some pain. I don't see another way.

There's a thick crunch as the Werewolf barrels into Kate, sending her flying onto a jagged pile of blasted rocks. She's bleeding from a dozen places, and every breath brings a stab of fiery pain to her entire body. (2 more Harm because the Werewolf is always "armed". Ouch! Time to think about Darkest Self, or something else. Kate does pick up a String on the Wolf in the process
Frederick falls over and plays dead. This is not difficult, given his current condition.

Victoria hits the ground hard. The jolt wakes her up, but she's otherwise unhurt. But it's not Victoria inside, calling the shots. She picks up a jagged chunk of stone as she rises, looking at both the Werewolf and the Chosen One.

Knowing her chances against the Wolf are not good, armed only with the rock, she runs for Kate, the rock held high over her head.
I was working on the RP that we set up in which both Seth and Kate are childhood friends. If that doesn't work out for you that's fine, we all got into this mess... time to sit back and ride this roller coaster until the end!

Seth in his wolf form reacts to the sudden movements of Victoria/Vanessa as she rushes towards the prone and bleeding Kate, He lunges towards her as she is mid run...

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8 - Giving a string to Victoria... since this situation is so messed up I think anyone involved would get a string on him...

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#157 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Okay, but even with a friend, teenagers will still go apesh.t. How much does Seth care about Kate? Without considering that part, Vanessa will still try to smash the Chosen One's head in with a rock.

The Werewolf mauls Vanessa, sending her sprawling with a bleeding bite wound on her leg.

The psychic aftertaste is familiar, though. Pack. Mate.

Seth looks down at his hands, losing fur and supernatural muscle mass. There is blood... human blood streaming down his face, around and within his mouth.

Vanessa/Victoria looks back at the transformed Seth with a look of pity, and scrambles to her feet. She grabs the jagged rock, pushing herself to finish what she was sent to accomplish. The Chosen One must die here!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by MonkeyWrench »

To be honest, we never hashed out just what their relationship was before Kate got sent away.

Seth feels horrible about what he had just done, a rotten core kneeding its way inside him. He looks up at the others, almost afraid to find what he did to them. He sees Kate lying unconscious on the ground as Victoria/Vanessa limps towards her, rock held overhead. Seth barks outs, "Victoria stop! Don't lose control of yourself, fight it!"

Manipulating Victoria into stopping Vanessa: Seth Hot Roll: [2d6+2] = 9+2 = 11

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#159 Post by Metal Fatigue »

"Lucinna. Lucinna! Whass the passwor'? I dunno wha' they'll do but it won' be nice." Again, Summer doesn't realize she's talking out loud.

2d6+2=7 to Manipulate Lucinda. Note that Lucinda could burn her String on Summer to knock that down to a 6…

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MC voice: Kate can still act at 3 Harm. She's just almost dead at this point. (Not mostly dead, however)
Victoria stops, but it's a struggle. She's barely there at all. Through gritted teeth, she says, "I told... you idiots... to run!"

She's not moving towards Kate, but she's not dropping the rock. Victoria says in a calm voice, "You know she can only keep this up for so long, lover. Why don't you join our side? I have a fresh new body and everything!"

Vanessa/Victoria turns her head towards Seth and smiles. She still can't move her arms or legs, however.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”