(IC) Parkdale Road Starbucks, Scene 4

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (IC) Parkdale Road Starbucks, Scene 4

#41 Post by Q.Q Elf »

isn't Summer half inside Clark's car?

Also, do we want the next school day? Oh, I have an idea!

Field trip!

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#42 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer is indeed half inside Clark's car. It remains to be seen whether he will opt to Harm her before shoving her out, or what. But once Rukellian posts I think we can move on to the next session and the next scene.

Sessions are important because they offer a chance to change highlights, and because they interact with healing. (They also interact with the endgame mechanic but of course we're nowhere near there yet.)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

If we are going off the harm system in place here, I'm on the verge of death again, in no situation to drive off and the window that was protecting me was probably shattered. Not sure what I can do at this point. I... honestly don't know how much of my previous post became invalid. It seems as if everyone has been ignoring it? :?

Clark will try to beat push Summer away, so that he can at least stay alive long enough to drive away. Depending on how heavily wounded he is, he may or may not continue what I originally had planned for him.

[2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8 There, he ran away.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#44 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Remember that you took "Numbing It Out" as a Bargain. You can toss a String or two to the Emissary and be unharmed.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Remember that you took "Numbing It Out" as a Bargain. You can toss a String or two to the Emissary and be unharmed.
Not sure how the numbing it out process actually works, whether it is a direct interaction with the emissary or just an instantaneous effect. But if it means keeping my character alive for another scene, I will gladly give those strings.
I... would like to type more, but I'm not really sure any more what would be considered appropriate right now. Not in the right mind state at the moment (still thinking in terms of DnD). I have to leave for work too, so that's always going against me. You guys will probably have your way with the posts while I'm at work, I'll just try to join in the morning as best I can.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian wrote:
Metal Fatigue wrote:Remember that you took "Numbing It Out" as a Bargain. You can toss a String or two to the Emissary and be unharmed.
Not sure how the numbing it out process actually works, whether it is a direct interaction with the emissary or just an instantaneous effect. But if it means keeping my character alive for another scene, I will gladly give those strings.
I... would like to type more, but I'm not really sure any more what would be considered appropriate right now. Not in the right mind state at the moment (still thinking in terms of DnD). I have to leave for work too, so that's always going against me. You guys will probably have your way with the posts while I'm at work, I'll just try to join in the morning as best I can.
I think Numbing it Out is instantaneous. The real consideration is giving the Emissary more Strings. At 5 Strings, you automatically trigger Darkest Self. I don't think it's as negative as the Ghost because there's a direction, even if it's downward and messy.

Anyway, it says "a String" for "up to 2 Harm". Double it up (2 Strings) to come out clean. Clark's wounds suddenly fade from his skin, he hears some demonic (angelic, if fallen?) laughter, and his body is better. He may have taken a few more steps towards damnation, but who is counting?

A result of 8 on the Run Away results in a complication. It should be something you choose.
The options are:
  • Make a big scene.
  • Run directly into something worse.
  • The scariest person in the room gets a String on Clark. I'm assuming that's Summer since she went apesh.t on Clark.

As for the rest, keep at it.

Bounce from Move to Move. It's the Moves that inform how much you can describe, how much you can do. If you make a roll, consult the info on Moves that we've posted so far... or look at the Reference Sheets to get info about what your rolls mean... and then just go with those.

The story has been cool, just keep punching. You're getting the right tone now.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#47 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:I think Numbing it Out is instantaneous.
Certainly that's how I've always played it.

EDIT: Note that if Rukellian picks "run directly into something worse," it's up to the MC to say what, though the player might have an OOC suggestion. That option calls for a soft move by the MC.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

Thank you for the kind words. I admit, I was sort of losing my temper and had to force myself to log off and cool off. Physical Labor at work usually does the trick ;)

Now that I have clear head once again, I will start to thinking more in terms of 'what move can I make' rather than wait and see or monlogue. I'm slowly learning that I have to keep my dialogues short sweet and to the point, because honestly, in real life, I'm not a heavy talker and there is no way I could pull off a long-winded speech in a tense situation, even if my character had nerves of steel. The threats around him or dangers wouldn't really care about that. Thank you Metal Fatigue for that harsh lesson. Though I may appear upset at times, I do appreciate what you are trying to do for us who are new to the system.

----

Laughter can be heard echoing in Clarks mind, a seductively feminine, but definitely evil one. For a moment, he feels like he is lit on fire, but then slowly, his bruises and bone fractures dissappear, all of his cuts and nail gashes vanish. Clark smiles knowing that he has a 'guardian angel' looking over his shoulder now. :lol:

I would like to go back to my previous post from here and take care of the warehouse sub-event before moving on to the next session; its the spoiler portion of the my long-winded character speech that was cut short.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Q.Q Elf »

The Infernal's friendly Emissary to the Horned can give you whatever physical tools you like. A military grade M4A1 and not some AR15 for instance.

Yay, Eau du Hobo. I do so love the people's limousine sometimes.

Okay, for Rukellian...

Your roll really sucked.

The images in Clark's vision are distorted and confusing. Headless babies floating in a sea of maple syrup. The Emissary, with the horns and trail if a devil, scourging the back of a huge buffalo.

Feeling the Infernal's eyes on her, the Fallen Angel laughs. The devil horns and trail recede, and great black wings emerge from her back. Her black, tattered clothes talk away, replaced by smoke and flames over the parts Clark would most like to look at. Her lips do not move, but the sound rings in Clark's ear.

Friday, my servant.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”