(IC) Parkdale Road Starbucks, Scene 4

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (IC) Parkdale Road Starbucks, Scene 4

#21 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Mrs. Meecher does her best to set aside Summer's clumsy pass. She kneels in front of the girl, keeping her eyes locked on the girls. "Summer, you are a whole person, yourself. You don't need Lucinda to live your life. The whole school might be in her back pocket, but I know you can be stronger than that. You have to be! You have to!"

There is a pleading in the teacher's eyes, as if she were not entirely convinced of what she just said. She grabs Summer by the shoulders, shaking her violently, trying to snap the girl out of Lucinda's spell. Horrified at the momentary violent outburst, Mrs. Meecher enfolds Summer in a tender embrace, trying her best to comfort both herself and her student in case the girl is weeping as she is.

There is a choking noise at the threshold of the room. Lucinda stands, her mouth gaping in disbelief. A crumpled wad of dandelions and wild flowers falls from her numb fingers. Her eyes begin to tear, and then they mist over with a red rage. "I HATE YOU!I HATE YOU BOTH!"

Lucinda bolts from the room, going outside. A black BMW pulls up, with Clark Defray behind the wheel. The phone tracking app in the gift from the Emissary has worked perfectly, and Lucinda runs headlong towards him.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#22 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer bolts after Lucinda. "I'm sorry! I'msorryI'msorryI'msorryI'llneverdoitagainI'msosorry…" She doesn't even know why she cares so much about her oppressor, but she does. She needs Lucinda's approval like a dolphin needs air—she can go without it for a while, but not forever.

Manipulate an NPC to get Lucinda to forgive her, burning the "girlfriend" condition for +1: 2d6=8 so tell me what I gotta do.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

As Clark pulls up in his BMW, he slides down a tinted window and leans over casually, looking towards Lucinda with a smug-like smile on his face. "Lucinda, are your 'friends' not be behaving themselves? Perhaps I can lend a hand and help you out..."

There is something about the man that has changed; he isn't like he used to be, that is for sure. He looks more attractive and his voice is made of a rough silk now. Ditching the proper school attire look and the out of place colorful scarf around his neck, Clark is found in what appears to be black leather jacket, with a partially unbuttoned shirt loosely slipped on underneath. From what isn't revealed, it would appear as if he's also been working out. His hair is no longer neat and proper, but slicked up and has a more wild look to it, but tame; though, the most startling thing is his eyes. He is no longer wearing any glasses! The eyes are intense, dark, and luscious brown in texture, hinting with the flames of some sort of burning passion. It is the sort of intense look that commands a person to look him in the eyes, out of respect, but only briefly, lest they get scorched from such a sight.

Clark tries to turn Lucinda on with this look, beckoning her to come to the BMW and share her troubles with him, a car door opening for her as she approaches.

[2d6] = 8

If she climbs in, I will drive off with her. If not, then I will post a response in the morning. Unfortunately it is that time of the night again where I have to get ready for work :| Just so you know, I am much more active during the weekends. This seems to be the opposite with everyone else though. My luck :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Lucinda stops near Clark's car as Summer catches up to her. Lucinda shouldn't be intrigued by Clark, but somehow she is. He's very wrong for her, not to mention that he's a male (and secretly her brother, deep down inside), but she cannot look away this time.

MC Voice: Clark gets a String on Lucinda, and marks Experience for rolling with Hot. (I marked both on the sheet already.)

Summer forces Lucinda to look at her. Lucinda has a panicked look on her face, saying, "Keep him away from me! Something is very wrong here! What is happening to me?"

MC Voice: There's your bargain, Metal Fatigue.

Lucinda falls to her knees, overcome with strange emotions.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#25 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer steps forward, putting her hand on Lucinda's shoulder. "It's OK, sweetie, I'm here." She hop-skips up to the car window, reaches in and grabs Clark by the throat, hauls him partway out. "Leave her alone. In fact, just leave. Never let me see you again."

Lash out: 2d6+2=14, gain a String.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Lash out: 2d6+2=14, gain a String.
MC Voice: Just to be clear for Rukellian, that's a Lash Out Physically move from Summer.

Due to the positive result for Summer, it's automatically 1 Harm on Clark's sheet for a successful Lash Out.

As an optional effect (for the 10+ result), Summer takes a String on Clark (because violence sometimes allows you to learn something about the person you're fighting).

I'd also note that all your Dark Power things for the Infernal should refer to the Emissary of the Horned Prince, and not the Horned Prince himself. The Horned Prince would be... mmmm... SATAN! And Satan is beyond the scope of our game. The Emissary can be defeated, on the other hand. I have no idea how you'll do it, but the possibility exists.

The Emissary is Clark's main demonic contact. She just presents contracts to people as an Emissary of the Horned Prince. I should have made it less confusing, I think.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rukellian »

Thanks for the clarification Q.Q. Elf :)

Clark lets out a choked laugh as Summer grabs him by the throat, maintaining his smug smile. When she releases her grip, he rubs his neck and says in a slightly weaker voice. "It's been so long since I've felt pain before... *cough* thank you for such a rewarding experience." He says with some sarcasm in his voice. "Lucinda, it looks like you've lost your touch, letting your pets do as they please, letting things get out of hand at school. Know that I'm extending a hand to help you get back up on your feet. After all, you are my dear sister... and it pains me to see you like this."

Clark flips out a phone and rapidly sends a text towards Lucinda's. "You have my new number now. Please, call me when you get the chance; we have a lot of catching up to do, and I'm sure you have questions of your own." He finishes with a raised eyebrow.

Clark hangs out of his window and looks over at the house behind Summer and Lucinda. "Is Mrs. Meecher doing alright? I also wanted to check up on her and see if she needed any help. I understand that the incident at school was very stressful for everyone, especially her I think." He smiles innocently as he says this, his words ringing with truth if they can bring themselves to believe it.

While the conversation continues or drops with cold silence, Clark will push a button on the side console and have the door to the BMW close.

Somewhere along the lines, Clark will respond directly to Summer's threat with the following: "I'll see you at school." This sort of response openly defies what she just told him to do and shows how little control she has of the situation, short of acting like a bully.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Q.Q Elf »

okay, so Clark is just being a pain in the ass? Biding his time? That's cool. What does he do now? Where does he want to go now?

Also, Clark can call on the Emissary at any time to make a Bargain. If you want to do it by text message or app, that works as well as summoning the Fallen Angel and signing a piece of paper (and perhaps other things).

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:okay, so Clark is just being a pain in the ass? Biding his time? That's cool. What does he do now? Where does he want to go now?

Also, Clark can call on the Emissary at any time to make a Bargain. If you want to do it by text message or app, that works as well as summoning the Fallen Angel and signing a piece of paper (and perhaps other things).
In order to complete my current contract, I need to know more about Lucinda and what makes her tick. Clark will be trying to figure this out via text messaging or casual chats in school. Once he knows which strings to pull and what things to say and do, bringing Lucinda over to his side will become a little more easier. If it really comes down to it, he will gaze into the abyss through a new method of his own and try to find some more concrete answers towards his questions of what to do next. I will keep the bargain route in mind, just in case. ;)

Yes, he is also being a pain the ass, purposely riling Summer up. For reasons that are his own though.... :twisted:

Depending on how they respond to his inquery about Mrs. Meecher, he will either lock the doors to his vehicle and visit the teacher himself, or he will drive off and head towards Vanessa house. ;)

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#30 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Clark is not going to be able to get off that whole speech before Summer punches him in the snoot. If he did, though, the line to Summer is a clear Shut Down attempt and should be rolled.
Last edited by Metal Fatigue on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Q.Q Elf »

putting on the Emissary's costume, with devil horns and a tail instead of black wings...

Perhaps your helpful Emissary can set up a big party? Or something to bait or lure your targets to a place of your choosing?

Take advantage of Strings Attached. I should not recommend courses of action, but I'm trying to extend the scene, and translate your choices into Moves. Take Moves, and don't just react. The action in the scene should go from Move to another Move.

Shut Down is a good choice. You should demand a Move after a good description.

It's okay to wait, but wait in a way that comes out of a Move. if I don't get a move to play off of, then things get stuck. I should throw a complexity into the situation when that does happen.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rukellian »

Well then, consider Clark's nose punched in. :lol: I don't mind taking another harm if it means making the situation more realistic.

[2d6-1] = 8-1 = 7 There, Summer is shut down. We each lose a string on each other.

After taking a punch into the face, Clark spits some blood out the window and glares at Summer. "F-- you bitch." He rolls up the window and drives off, stopping by the shady part of town to do some quick business. Edit: Well, reading the post below mine, I guess this could go differently... Would it be too much to say that he rolled up the window before this frenzy occured? :lol:
The portside warehouse docks are notorious for the kind of shady people that inhabit the areas. Many sensible people stay away from the area, not wanting to get caught up in any gangs or drug dealers. Clark is well-informed though, he knows who to go to for what, where and when. It was his previous cowardice in such things that made him learn about it more so that he can stay away from it better. Now he actually has a use for such people.

Visiting warehouse 17b at the designated time, he encounters the dealer he is looking for. Shrouded in a dark hoodie, barely visible under a flickering wall light, he looks up and sees Clark approach. "What be your poison today, boy?"

Clark flashes out the franklins and smiles. "Your lethal stock, sir. Small, lightweight, and preferrably concealable." The dealer motions for Clark to stay put as he goes through a door behind him. He comes out with a Folding Fillet K-Texture Kershaw Hunting Knife and an HK45C Handgun complete with a holster and munitions. Clark's smile widens as this is exactly what he had in mind. He takes a step forward but is then quickly stopped when the dealer raises a finger and waves it, whistling in dissaproval.

"Four-fifty." He extends his hand out, palm up.

"Four-fifty? Isn't that a bit much, even for your usual clientele?"

"You got a gun permit boy?" Clark meets him with silence, and the dealer just smiles a crooked smile.

"Five-fifty then, take it or leave it." Clark clenches his teeth and his fists bawl up. He shoves the money forward, nearly emptying his wallet. "Pleasure doing business with you boy, do come again." The dealer laughs evily as he takes the money and leaves the weapons in Clark's hands. Walking back to his vehicle, Clark tries on the holster and practices taking the handgun out. He's better at it than he originally thought, excellent. Confident in his ability to respond quickly to any more threats, from anybody, or anything, he continues his drive to Vanessa's place, parking his BMW near the front of the house. He steps outside and leans against the side of the vehicle with his arms crossed. He stares up at the window and smiles It doesn't take long though for him to realize that she is not home.

Returning to his apartment complex, he drags a trashcan into an open area, but away from the immediate view of others and fills it with old newspapers. He sets it ablaze with the flick of a match and stares deeply into the flames. Gaze into the Abyss Roll [2d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

He tries to concentrate on coming up with ways in which he can get Lucinda away from Summer, bring Lucinda to his side. Wild parties? Maybe... (he is unaware of what transpired inside the chapel, so this is him guessing in the dark), blackmail... no I'd need dirt for that to work, a staged betrayal? I don't know...
Last edited by Rukellian on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by Metal Fatigue »

When Clark says Lucinda's his sister, Summer snaps. She launches herself at him through the open window, smashing and clawing, trying to do as much damage as possible to this thing that must have come back from the dead to trouble them all, if her vision from yesterday is correct. "Die again, you soulless bastard!"

Lashing out: 2d6+2=11. Dealing great harm, so Clark has suffered a cumulative total of 3 Harm. I'll stipulate that the Shut Down already went through, but if it hadn't, Summer would spend her String on Clark for a further 1 Harm.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Run Away is another valid move. :lol:

Lucinda flops onto the grass, her mind barely processing everything that has just gone down.

Cassidy is punching all sorts of buttons on her iPhone. Her fumbling fingers and autocorrect making a total hash of whatever she was trying to text.

At the front door, Mrs. Meecher has her hands over her mouth, not believing the fight that is happening in her driveway.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

When Seth and Vanessa are presentable, Seth's father walks over. Her has a determined look on his face, but he is more relaxed. He senses Vanessa's willingness to be Pack, at least in the short run.

"Son, we leave at twilight. Dangerous forces are at work in this town. The hunting grounds will no longer be safe. We must go before the troubles find us. Prepare your... friend for the journey."

There is no question in anything he just told Seth. He stares down his son, ready for an argument.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth does not look his father in the eyes, instead averting his gaze downward, He takes a moment before responding; He glances back at Vanessa for a moment, she can see a glint of determination in his eyes, as well as some resignation. "We shouldn't run... Something is happening here, something that could hurt our pack in the future, it could hurt our race in the future." He keeps a respectful tone but his voice wavers a few times as he speaks back to his Alpha, "Something is in this town, taking souls in exchange for something... If it gets out everything could be in danger." At this point he looks his father in the eyes, a sense of pride showing from him, "We are the hunters, we maintain the balance of life; you taught me that. We should not run, we should fight! And... I'll stand alone if I must, if you believe the pack to be in too great a danger then I will stand alone... and... I'll.." He visibly wavers at this point, his father cold stare piercing into his very soul, "I'll Maintain the balance...." Seth chokes out the last bit, he still stares into his fathers eyes, though not with a look of challenge, more a look of pleading; Seth takes pride in what he is.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Seth, roll to Manipulate NPC.
You already got XP from Hot this scene, so no soup for you.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Seth, roll to Manipulate NPC.
You already got XP from Hot this scene, so no soup for you.
Well darn... and here I wanted second helpings of soup!

Seth looks to his Father, his Pack Leader, his Alpha... The same blood that flows within him flows within Seth, the blood of a pureblood Werewolf... Seth Hot Roll: [2d6+2] = 11+2 = 13

Quite possibly the best roll I've ever done
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Seth's father lays a hand on his son's shoulder. He looks straight into his son's eyes, searching for something, sniffing the air.

The older Wolf growls, and relents. "You are too much like your mother. Very well. You have until Friday. We can use the time to stock up on food for the journey. If you have found something, some reason for the pack to stay, then I will listen... but we watch you. And your... friend. You are on a short leash, now. The danger is let loose, and we... I... cannot afford your loss."

The older Werewolf turns to rejoin the others.

Vanessa looks at Seth, and asks, "Now what? Ready to meet my friends, lover boy?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth remains quiet for a moment as his father leaves, sighing deeply and stretching his neck out, letting the joints and bones pop, before turning to face Vanessa. He has a determined look in his eye, "Yeah." As they walk he gives her a playful smirk, "Lover boy?"

End the scene now and continue into Scene 5? I agree with Metal Fatigue, this scene seems to be at it's end; unless Ruke has some more stuff, after being mauled of course :lol:

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”