And the Quest Begins....

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: And the Quest Begins....

#321 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Buryl's eyes widen at Trotter's mention of flying beasts and he looks around again at the surrounding sky.

Aye! The pass is dangerous, but that wasn't always the case. It seems to me that the recent black sky is a sign of a very bad omen. Especially after what I encountered yesterday, at Fanjyr.

Wolves you say eh? Well, I can certainly handle them, but what of this downed traveling party you speak of?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will try and sense any evil upon or within the stranger.
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#323 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Halo senses no evil emanating from the man. His dog seems a little unruly however. :lol:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas speaks up, "It seemed they had come across a traveling group that had already been set upon but the twisted filth residing in these mountains, The very same filth that will be purged this place." He speaks with a tone of finality, he does not make claims but states fact.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#325 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nothing from the bird today? :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#326 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Buryl

Another traveling caravan attacked no doubt. Then the rumors must be true it seems. The pass is no longer a safe way through the mountains.

Those poor folk at Fanjyr, and now this? It's frightening I tells ya!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Oh don't worry... The bird shall make several appearances today..
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Storm11 »

Halo will move forward and shake the long shanks hand.

Have you any experience with our friend Chewys kind on your travels? Or other strange occurances of late? Halo of the Sunlord at your service!
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#329 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The large man reaches down to shake back, Well met Halo of the Sunlord. My names Buryl. Just Buryl.

I can't say that I've ever even heard of a Chewy before, much less seen one. No offense meant of course.
He gives Chewy a nod and a smile.

As far as strange occurrences go, I've just seen a dandy at yonder way station. Don't get me wrong now, lots of folks like to talk. Heck, for some, it's all they got to keep themselves entertained. I never pay such folks much heed, until now. I have heard all the rumors that could be told about the dark sky and why it's here, and I didn't believe a one of em!..........until yesterday that is.

I've been through Fanjyr nigh on 100 times myself at least. I've stayed at the inn before, and I have been in the tavern there so many times that folk would shout out "Buryl" in unison every time I walked in the door. But I couldn't believe me own eyes at what I seen yesterday.

The whole place was in total shambles and completely abandoned. The inn and tavern were burnt to the foundations. The only thing left standing was the outer wall gatehouses and their guard towers. Even the smithy and stables were burnt and smashed. It looked like the rubble was just pushed over the edge of the pass and down into the valley.

The real creepy part was that there wasn't a soul around in the entire place. The black clouds around the station looked even more ominous when I approached so, I didn't stick around to investigate. The whole thing scared the bejeezus outta me if you want the truth, and I don't scare easy! Now I'm thinking there might be something more to these dark clouds than I thought.

If ye want, I could sketch you a little map of what the place looks like, or should I say, used to look like.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#330 Post by greyarea »

Trotter says, We'd love a sketch of the place. Did you see any signs of where anyone went or who might have done such a thing? We were hoping to stop at the way station ourselves.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas speaks up again, "Thank you Buryl, That will be very helpful. I am Thomas of the Pureflame, Order of the Flaming Goddess Joramy.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#332 Post by OGRE MAGE »

And the quest continues...over here....

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=3654

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”