And the Quest Begins....

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: And the Quest Begins....

#301 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas sadly shakes his head, "I've tried that, the creature does not eat. It seems to be made of gears and sustain itself off of hatred... That is the last time I take a so called "relic" from a ruin in the alternate wastes..."

The bird seems to pipe up once again, "Look at you all @#$*@#'s! sitting around poking your #$*@ while staring slack jawed at each others #$*%# and whistling your favorite #$*@ tunes! Disgraceful monkeys all of you!"

Thomas rubs his eyes, "Thing cant be broken either, smashing does no good and it seems to know when a range missile is headed it's way."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by Dram »

Xano- Have you tried to sell it? I say gag and throw it off that there cliff. What is its name? Maybe there be a smith at the outpost and we can make a muzzle for it. She gives the metal parrot a evil grin.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas throws a rock at the thing, it simply flies off as soon as Thomas releases the rock, before settling back down and continuing it rant. He talks over the bird, "Every time I have tried to sell it the thing freaks out and no merchant will buy it. The creature flies and seems to detect any violence issued towards it. I have not tried to muzzle it though..."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by Storm11 »

Seems probable a lightning bolt from the magi or the druid would shut its foul mouth for good! suggests Halo innocently
Greys Campaign.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#305 Post by MonkeyWrench »

The bird turns to Halo, "You can shoot that lightning out your !#$ you short @#($% Squabbling around for missing @#$% while your mother goes to the local tavern and has her way by @#$(@ everyone's @#$! before coming home and #$%)@ right where you sleep!"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by Storm11 »

The paladin smiles wickedly. i should say that's confirmation it will work. Next time we need a little lightning let us just chuck it infront of the bolts path and be done with it.
Greys Campaign.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#307 Post by Dram »

Xano- Did we decide on watch for the night? 2 or 1 person watch and how long are the shifts?
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Storm11 »

There are four of us that do not use magical spells. Perhaps A caster and one of us for the first three hours, two of us in the middle three hours and then the last of us and the rest of the casters spending time rememorizing their stuff? suggests Halo with a smile
Greys Campaign.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#309 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

I will take first watch...I do not think much rest will be gotten with that damned shiny bird squawking, it has quite the foul mouth on it!!! Chewy I have an extra blanket for you to use. My staff will keep me protected from the brisk cold. Offers the blanket to Chewy.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by Dram »

Xano- I will take second watch with a spell caster and fourth watch with one of you.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#311 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thomas heals the party to full health and shows off his interesting pet for a while, much to the chagrin of his comrades.

The night watches are set and the party is able to stay relatively comfortable in the confines of Morgi's magic cube. The night passes uneventfully except for a quick passing visit from some overfed and now somewhat docile dire wolves that waddle by on the pass in the dark of night. In the morning the group awakens to more dark skies that hint toward cold rain or even snow.

Morgi takes up his usual scouting position and flies ahead of the pack in eagle form for a few miles. About half way through the day, he spots a man on a horse heading in the party's direction. He looks like a hunter or trapper as he is dressed all in furs and has a large dog walking at his side. He is about a mile away from your current location at the moment.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#312 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez "Eh Thomas I like yer geared parrot. I find it hilarious. I knew a gnome once that woulda love that thing. The dwarves back at me favorite pub woulda enjoyed that thing."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#313 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi returns to the group to harn them of the upcoming trapper. "We have comany, a lone rider and his dog. Shouldn't be a threat."

GreyWolfVT

#314 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez "Alright Morgi. Hunter? Trapper? Another Ranger? What do you make of em?" the dwarf inquires.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Hotgoblin

#315 Post by Hotgoblin »

Wyntar

We'll have to see if this trapper has seen the odd happenings occurring in this area. But we must not let our guard down, he may be foe and not friend!!!

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Dram »

Xano- She moves silently with the group but staying in the shadows. She speaks in Thieves Cant to Drez I will be in the shadows.

Move Silently Roll
Move Silently no armor 85% needed Elven Chain 75%[1d100] = 72

Hide in Shadows Roll
Hide in Shadows no armor 76% needed, Elven Chain 66%[1d100] = 36
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#317 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez nods to Xano and replies in Thieves Cant "Very well as will I."

Move Silently Thief Skills [1d100] = 69

Hinde in Shadows Thief Skills [1d100] = 29

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#318 Post by greyarea »

Trotter, the ranger

Trotter stays in the vanguard. He hopes to see a familiar face, if not one in a familiar profession.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#319 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The group decides to continue on and meet up with the traveler. You agree that the threat of a single man should be minimal, although the party's thieves still try to quietly lurk in the limited shadows of the mountain, it is their way I suppose.

After a short while you see the burly man coming around a bend in the pass, headed towards you. He stops his mount and hails you when he notices you are there.

Good day sirs. I am Buryl, mountain man and trapper by trade. I'm on my way to Greenville with some furs to sell. What news from your side of the pass?

He speaks clearly enough but seems to look a bit nervous. His eyes seem to dart around like he is checking the skies periodically, as though he is expecting something to suddenly appear.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#320 Post by greyarea »

Trotter trots forward.

Hail, I am Trotter, ranger of the West and these are my companions. Well, met Buryl. We have passed a pack of wolves who fast on the bones of a travelling party, so be wary of their activity. They may be sated but still protect their food. We were also attacked by great flying beasts and we fear that more might be forthcoming. These trails are dangerous.

What news have you further along the mountain trail?

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”