And the Quest Begins....

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: And the Quest Begins....

#281 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez reloads and tries to take one last shot at the last beast with the magical crossbow of his.
Light Crossbow of Accuracy +3 [1d20 +3] = 1+3 = 4 Hit [1d4 +3] = 1+3 = 4
Sh@%!
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#282 Post by greyarea »

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#283 Post by Scott308 »

The monk will try to reload and get a shot off on the retreating creature.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#284 Post by Scott308 »

Nuke66 wrote:Morgi flies donw to speak with the Monk. "Well done. I will scout out further. Find a spot for camp and I will return." Morgi then heads up the path for five miles or so before returning to the group.
The monk will pass this info along to the rest of the party.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Dram »

Xan0- She goes over to one of the bodies and looks it over very carefully. Are these what we are coming up here for? I'd say chicken for dinner but it might upset our friend. She smiles.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#286 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Some of the group thinks it prudent to finish off the last flying abomination to prevent it from bringing back reinforcements. This idea doesn't go very well.

Xano pulls back on her bow a little too hard to make sure the arrow reaches the fleeing beast. So hard in fact, the string snaps in her face and the arrow falls to the ground harmlessly.
If you don't have an extra string on your sheet, you will have to find another along the way before you can use the bow again.
Drez quickly reloads his hand held crossbow and shoots. He hears the prerequisite click, but the bolt stays put. As he reaches into the breach to check the bolt, the bow activates and snaps hard on his hand, leaving a stinging line of blood dripping from his hand. (2 dam) The crossbow still seems to work, your hand really hurts though.

Trotter also fires his bow twice. He has hit so much air in this battle that he is now thoroughly convinced that there are no invisible creatures flying anywhere nearby.

Monky quickly shoots his crossbow and leaves one bolt in the thing as it flys out of range.

Thomas and Wyntar could still do something for their round if they desire. I am just trying to move the story along.

Chewy responds to Halo:

I have never seen such ghastly beasts but, I have heard of them. Or, something like them I should say. My grandfeather used to tell us stories when we were young hatchlings. He said that long ago there was a wizard that lived high up in the mountains, Devral I think her name was. She created an ice tower out of a frozen lake that she used as her laboratory. She studied magical flight but also dabbled in creating strange creatures that were combined from two different species. Perhaps those things were remnants from her old experiments?

Morgi does a quick five mile scouting trip while there is a little light left. He sees nothing but open pass for a long while. He returns to tell the party that things look clear for a long way up ahead.

Chewy explains that you should be able to get to the Fanjyr way station before the end of the days travel tomorrow. It is a small settlement that is the half-way point between Greenville and Melmond, the village on the other side of the pass. The settlement at Fanjyr isn't much but they do have a tavern and inn for weary travelers.

The party searches for a while and finds a small indentation in the side of the mountain that will make a good spot to camp for the night. You know the night will get frigid but you feel comfortable that your warming magic items will keep you all alive and well. Chewy asks if you have any extra blankets though.

Current Hit Points:
Halo 41/49
Monky 13/24
Thomas 39/46
Drez 34/36
Last edited by OGRE MAGE on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Before leaving with the group to find camp Thomas piles all of the dead creatures together, splashing oil from one of the containers attached to his hip over the creatures while openly praying, "Mother Joramy, I bring the wicked and shamed before you, purging their bones to ash so that their souls may find peace within the realms that await them, let this fire burn their sins from their flesh, allowing what innocence is left of them to escape." Once done he lights the pile and watches it burn for a moment before joining the others, commenting briefly on the creature that got away, "It will bring more, this is good. Our mission should be to purge this mountain of such evil filth."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#288 Post by OGRE MAGE »

This will explain part of that last round.

viewtopic.php?f=164&t=3402&p=146824#p146824

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Storm11 »

Before settling in to either watch or sleep Halo will lay hands upon monkey whose down to 13 of 24 Hps.

Once he has used his healing he will offer to take the first watch.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#290 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez grumbles some curses in dwarven and binds his hand wound up. "I'll take the last watch. It'll give me hand a bit of time ta heal."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas checks the group, making sure everyone is within a 30' radius of him before speaking, "Perhaps this shall heal the minor cuts and bruises from the beasts..." He then spreads his arms and begins chanting, "Joramy, allow your warmth to pass through me, let your gentle fire burn away the injuries caused by those of wicked intentions..." As he chants the area around him becomes warmer, the groups minor injuries and scrapes start healing from what looks like ethereal fire that creates healthy skin as it burns.

Everyone gets 3 points!
Channel Magic(3 times per day): [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#292 Post by Nuke66 »

Morgi settles down and reverts to his human form once again. "Good progress today folks." He then settles down for a cold dinner. When Chewy asks for some blankets, he says "Allow me." and reaches to a cube tied around his neck and activates it. Suddenly there air is not nearly so cold.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by MonkeyWrench »

OGRE MAGE wrote:I'm still waiting for you to pull out that chicken or whatever it is. :lol:
I guess now would be as good a time as any.

As Thomas rests with the group, eating their meals, his pack begins shuffling and muffled noises are emanating from it. He looks back to it and sighs in exasperation, "Damn it all, the thing woke up..." Thomas is content to ignore it as the noise becomes more frantic... but do the others?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#294 Post by OGRE MAGE »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Thomas checks the group, making sure everyone is within a 30' radius of him before speaking, "Perhaps this shall heal the minor cuts and bruises from the beasts..." He then spreads his arms and begins chanting, "Joramy, allow your warmth to pass through me, let your gentle fire burn away the injuries caused by those of wicked intentions..." As he chants the area around him becomes warmer, the groups minor injuries and scrapes start healing from what looks like ethereal fire that creates healthy skin as it burns.

Everyone gets 3 points!
Channel Magic(3 times per day): [1d4+1] = 2+1 = 3
Thomas begins chanting again, this time his words are much more bearable and everyone that was injured feels a bit better.

Halo, the short but cute Paladin offers his healing touch to the Monk who is now fully healed.

Current Hit Points:
Halo 44/49
Monky 24/24
Thomas 42/46
Drez 36/36

Morgi activates his magic cube and the area around the camp becomes a much more comfortable temperature.

If Thomas wants to use his other 2 Channel Energy spells before rest, everyone would be up to full health in the morning.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Scott308

#296 Post by Scott308 »

MonkeyWrench wrote:
OGRE MAGE wrote:I'm still waiting for you to pull out that chicken or whatever it is. :lol:
I guess now would be as good a time as any.

As Thomas rests with the group, eating their meals, his pack begins shuffling and muffled noises are emanating from it. He looks back to it and sighs in exasperation, "Damn it all, the thing woke up..." Thomas is content to ignore it as the noise becomes more frantic... but do the others?
Looking quizzically at the cleric, the monk helpfully points out, Thomas? There seems to be some sort of disturbance emanating from your backpack.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Thomas looks at the mumbling and moving pack, "It won't stop until it gets it's way it seems..." He opens the pack and something silver comes flying out, circling the camp before landing on a nearby branch. Once it stops moving the group can see that it is a mechanical looking bird, resembling a parrot. It takes a moment to watch the group before opening it's beak, producing a shrill voice, "How dare you keep me in that sack you %$#! You mother was a @$%$#!* And you're whole life amounts to $#%*!!!" This time the contraption looks to the other group, "And what is this?! You traveling around like homeless vagabonds?! Do you all cuddle at night while $#@* Your @$%^! While looking at each others #%*@ All the while drinking your own @$(^?!??"

For his part, Thomas appears to be trying his hardest to ignore the bird as it berates everyone.

GreyWolfVT

#298 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Drez "Bah that's dinner. Come now Thomas break out the livestock so I can cook us dinner."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by Dram »

Xano- What kind of watch are we doing tonite? A one or two person? Either way, I will take first watch as I do not need to hear or study spells. She gets into her Backpack and starts to eat some her iron rations.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Dram »

Xano gets out her iron rations and offers one of them too Thomas. Here give one of these to that bird. Maybe he will choke on it. :evil: :lol:
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Dark Clouds Gather AD&D 1E”