Town I: Estwatch

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town I: Estwatch

#101 Post by Starbeard »

Seeing that Agrom has opted for torches, Raizenbrayne decides to make his way back to the market place for some spell reagents. At a stall he sees a long baroque cloth made of silk, almost the same dye of green as his fez, and procures it with the baron's note. He ties it around his neck and decides he looks rather smart. He then heads to the food market to pick up some dried sausage and trail rations. (That's preserved rations and spell supplies for supernal vision).

Meeting up with the others, he attempts to sort everything through his pack, only to discover that it won't all fit. 'Well, I'd hate to part with this little mirror—it could fetch us a bit of gold, but I'm pretty sure if we do sell it we'll eventually wish we hadn't. Does anyone have room in their packs for it? Also, Agrom: I haven't sold your warhammer yet, here you go. We might be able to fetch a bit of coin for it, but we might need to get rid of something extra for it to make a difference.'
The mirror is pack 1, and with the two books and rations my pack's all full up, unless I hold the mirror (doable—I'd rather do that than sell it). The warhammer's value is Ob 3, but if I remember correctly we're treating it as mace-ish, which is valued at Ob 2. Whichever one it is, that either means we can't sell it or we'll have to sell something else with it to boost the total value (the book doesn't mention anything about that, though; it simply says anything of Ob 3 or less can't be sold for any value). So, at the moment this should be Raizenbrayne's fully updated equipment status:

Neck: scarf (spell supply)
Hands/carried (2): warhammer, mirror
Torso (3): Backpack (2)
Weapon: dagger
Skin: water (full)
Feet: shoes
in Backpack (6): Spellbook (2), Tome (2), Small sack (1), 3x preserved rations (1)

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#102 Post by Q.Q Elf »

At first, there's an excited look on Lavender's face. Oooh! A new mirror! Shiny!

Then she realizes that it would be a gift from the wizard. Who could have done something wizardly to the mirror. And no gift from a wizard would ever come without a price.

She immediately looks disinterested in the mirror, and starts perusing the wares at the nearest stand.

"Oh, look! Turnips! Wonderful!"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by sulldawga »

Unless we need the cash, I can leave the warhammer with my parents and we can deal with it another time.

Agrom's pack is full. I can carry the mirror once I use my flask of oil but right now, I'm topped out.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Keehnelf »

The warhammer is old and unusual and exceptionally well made. It would be worth 2D to sell.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:The warhammer is old and unusual and exceptionally well made. It would be worth 2D to sell.
So it's an Ob8 Resources test to sell it for 2d gold?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Keehnelf »

No, buying an equivalently valuable item would be an Ob8 Resources test.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:No, buying an equivalently valuable item would be an Ob8 Resources test.
So selling salvage or kit doesn't require a roll, the Obstacle number is just a measure of how valuable it is?

We can just go to the market and sell the warhammer for 2d, no problem?

Sorry to keep asking for clarification but the rules aren't clear on this one.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Keehnelf »

Yup, you've got it right. But only something with an Ob4 or higher value can be sold for cash. Otherwise you're better off keeping or stowing it if you can.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom will sell the warhammer and give 1d of gold each to Harlan and Raiz.

I got armor and a shield, you guys deserve the gold and more, to be honest. Meet me at the tavern when you're all sorted out.

Agrom will head over to the Tavern and Tell Tales of their last adventure. He'll talk up the party, to be sure, but he'll also speak reverently about the Pilgrim.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Starbeard »

'Well… what a swell guy.' Raizenbrayne is mildly dumbstruck.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by sulldawga »

Starbeard wrote:'Well… what a swell guy.' Raizenbrayne is mildly dumbstruck.
This game is super-dangerous. I gotta take care of my friends, so they take care of me out there in the wilderness.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Keehnelf »

On that note, given folks' current conditions, I think it makes the most sense to have Raizenbrayne do the Prologue before the next adventure to get rid of one of his conditions. Thoughts?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:On that note, given folks' current conditions, I think it makes the most sense to have Raizenbrayne do the Prologue before the next adventure to get rid of one of his conditions. Thoughts?
Fine by me, since you're the only one that has a condition that can be recovered via the Prologue.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Starbeard »

Sure thing, just let me know when everyone's finished with all town business and I'll post it up.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#115 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Lavender is done taking about her companions in town. 8-)

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#116 Post by Simon »

Sorry for my absence from the board as of late. Its been a week. Anyways, I think Harlan will just Suck It up on the Injury, I'm worried about blowing all my cash on the test, failing and then not having cash and having 0 Resources when I leave town and taking on another condition. Also I think my current lifestyle should be 2 for having stayed at then Inn. Let me know what to bump down.
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom is ready to move on.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Keehnelf »

Once I'm back in front of a real computer I'll do the necessary book-keeping to get things in motion again. Basically there will be three things:

1. Rewards
2. Lifestyle rolls
3. Official selection of next adventure

When all three are done, I'll start a new action thread with the setup for that adventure.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Keehnelf »

Hey guys--apologies that it's taking me a while here. I will update stuff to get us moving TONIGHT. My PC has been down at home and I've been able to do relatively simple stuff but nothing that involves a lot of tracking and window-switching.

I'll be snagging the wife's laptop to finally plow through this tonight after she goes to bed.

Thanks for your patience and I hope you're having an awesome holiday!

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#120 Post by Simon »

No sweat. Its a good time to take a little breather before we plunge back into the darkness. Happy Holidays as well!
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

Return to “A Flickering Light (Torchbearer)”