Town I: Estwatch

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town I: Estwatch

#61 Post by sulldawga »

Did we ever get any clarity on why the rules would force a PC to Haggle before they were able to rest and recover from Conditions? I'd consider Haggling if I could do it after I get a chance to rest. Not gonna try it with a -2d to my roll currently.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Keehnelf »

No, never got around to posting on the BWHQ forums--was only on my phone for like three days after that discussion happened and their site is rough to navigate that way.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Lavender is waiting for the throat-cutter to swear by his god that the amulet is safe for her to touch, even if the little guy has obviously been chewing on it.

She wouldn't take the wizard's word about the amulet because wizards.

Also, I don't think I get to roll anything since Lavender is only mostly in town, by the rules.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom tries very hard but fails to suppress a look of exasperation.

First off, it was the kobold shaman who was chewing on it, not Harlan. Second, of course it's safe to touch. It's not going to jump off Harlan's neck and jump onto yours. The Pilgrim doesn't work that way.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:No, never got around to posting on the BWHQ forums--was only on my phone for like three days after that discussion happened and their site is rough to navigate that way.
Boss-man gonna house rule it or are we playing it RAW?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Lavender carefully and slowly removes the large sack from her backpack. She stuffs her hands inside the sack, using the sack as an improvised set of gloves to handle the distasteful and chewed amulet around the Halfling's neck.

Keeping the little tomb-robber at arm's length, Lavender reaches out to touch the amulet. As soon as she touches the amulet (through the sack... at arm's length, while holding her breath), she lets out a loud, "AAAAAaaaaAAAHHHHHhhhhhhhHHHHhhh!!!!!!!!"

If the amulet hasn't somehow attached itself to her hand or slipped around her neck like some sort of evil noose, she starts to slowly and carefully lift the amulet from the little tomb-robber.

If she manages to remove the amulet from the tomb-robber, she immediately drops it to the ground, and jumps backwards away from it (preferably away from the wizard). She then shakes the sack out many times (especially making sure there is nothing attached to the point where she handled the amulet), then refolds it, and places it in her backpack.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Keehnelf »

sulldawga wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:No, never got around to posting on the BWHQ forums--was only on my phone for like three days after that discussion happened and their site is rough to navigate that way.
Boss-man gonna house rule it or are we playing it RAW?
My inclination is to play RAW without having an analysis of why it's set up this way. Don't want to break something accidentally.

And yes, since Lavender is only mostly in the town, she'd need to make any rolls once adventuring phase starts, including healing and amulet removal.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Starbeard »

I've been troubleshooting my computer all weekend, so I don't have my pdf's available to reference: Raizenbrayne is planning on trying to hawk his mirror for some cash—how does he do that? He won't bother attempting another roll at the flophouse, the odds are way too off. Once I can get access to the book again, though, he'll want to see about purchasing another set of rations or something.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Keehnelf »

If the mirror isnt at least Ob4 to procure, it's not worth any cash dice to sell so you're better off without trying to get rid of it.

Also remember that the baron offered two free items apiece from his stores (starting gear) to help re supply you.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom says, Well, I aim to head home and get some rest. How about we meet at the Tavern in a couple days to plan our next adventure? We can decide about Lavender's application to the boys club then.

Keehnelf, let me know what the equivalent level of accommodation is for my parents' house. They are weavers so flophouse? Inn?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Keehnelf »

I had mentioned earlier: one free recovery test, free hungry&thirsty recovery, can buy one test for +1 lifestyle, no bonus dice.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by Simon »

Harlan will eagerly retire as well. However after mumbling some tired goodbyes and giving a halfhearted bow to Lavender he seems to remember something and turns to Agrom Hey Ag! Were you still interested in taking the Unbroken Blade off of me? I'm really not much for stabbing and such and could honestly use the cash. What do you fancy is fair?

Keehnelf: Could you update my character sheet's inventory to reflect the following organizational changes? Just for my own bookkeeping going forward? This reflects the Starting Items I'll be taking from the Mayor: Fresh set of Candles (x4) and a full ration of the Mayor's Finest Port! Let me know if anything seems amiss.
Head: N/A
Hands: Silver Whistle (worn); Unbroken Blade (carried IN SCABBARD! NOT WANDERING AROUND TOWN WITH A DRAWN SWORD ;) )
Torso: Backpack, Leather Armor
Belt: Sling and Stones (weapon); Tinderbox (pouch); Skin (Wine)
Feet : Fur
Backpack: Rations, Preserved x3; Bottle of Wine (2/2); Candle x4; Thieves Tools; Small Sack (2)

Also, I think our marked tests are a little out of date. It doesn't matter much I dont think, but I have 13 registered rolls and only 10 marked tests. I know the Cooking test I made outside of town isn't on there and neither is the Fighter test from our last conflict with the Orcs. Just wanted to mention it before it got too far away from us.

Harlan intends to stay at the Inn, and will be attempting to recover from Exhausted (with +1D for accomodations) and Injured. I'll roll those now:

Health + 1D for Exhausted = 4D vs. Ob3 (ick)

Health Test Against Injured 3D vs Ob4 (double ick, but at least I'm guaranteed to go up a rank in Health!)

Well, I'm glad I got that out of my system.

Welcome to Health 4!
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Keehnelf »

Looks good, apart from now having two weapons on your belt which doesn't work--I'll rule that you can trade in your belt pouch for a pouch with sling and stones, but that means removing the tinderbox to elsewhere. Let me know what you plan!

I'll get to the sheet updating as soon as I can--today is going to be a very busy day unfortunately.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom is Injured and Sick.

Health 5 vs Ob4 to recover from Injured. Failed.

Health 5 vs Injured Ob 4 [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 2

Can I try to remove Sick while I still have Injured?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom will reply to Harlan about the sword.

Can't say right now. I may need my gold to pay a Healer if I can't kick this snake venom.

I have 3d of gold (including the 1d I had from PC creation that I left at my parents' house) but I failed my Injured test so I gotta go see a Healer.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Keehnelf »

sulldawga wrote:Agrom is Injured and Sick.

Health 5 vs Ob4 to recover from Injured. Failed.

Health 5 vs Injured Ob 4 [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 6, [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 2, [1d6] = 2

Can I try to remove Sick while I still have Injured?
Nope, your option is to go to a healer for personal business while in town to cure that Injured, then you can use the second recovery check for sick if you're successful. Otherwise, you'll need to cauterize the wound unless you want them to carry over into the adventuring phase.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom will head to that section of town that has priests and see what it will take for one of them to heal up that nasty scratch from an orcish blade on his leg that won't stop oozing pus.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Keehnelf »

Ob2 resources test to get healing work done. If you make the test, they'll make their 5D vs. Ob2 test to fix you up.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#79 Post by Simon »

Alright. We can settle it on our way out of town if you prefer. I'm happy to lend it to you as well if you like. Anyways. Best of luck with the leg. Looks nasty.

Harlan retires to the inn, where he eats a light meal, languishes over the cup of wine provided with his lodgings and then immediately falls into a deep and blessedly restful slumber. The depth of his exhaustion lets him sleep through the night, hardly moving, but in the morning, as he rouses himself and goes to stretch, the searing pain of his fractured rib returns with a vengeance. He chokes a scream and almost falls out of the bed with shock. Okay. Might be time to see a professional, he thinks to himself.
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:Ob2 resources test to get healing work done. If you make the test, they'll make their 5D vs. Ob2 test to fix you up.
Well, I'll spend the 2d of gold that the Baron gave us, and I get another 1d because I'm in my hometown. Passed.

Resources 3 vs Ob2 for healing [1d6] = 3, [1d6] = 4, [1d6] = 5

Return to “A Flickering Light (Torchbearer)”