What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: What would you like to play/run? (Interest Catch-all)

#921 Post by hedgeknight »

Same for me, but some Greyhawk grognards are adamant to the Greyhawk Wars never happened and won't play anything after 576 CY.
My current 2E Greyhawk game takes place a few months after the Wars...and I'm considering just going from there.
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#922 Post by Rex »

If it makes your job easier then go for it. I am fine either way.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#923 Post by tibbius »

Have some escapades in Quesoleum! Take a clockwork bird ride (keep all body parts away from the cooling fins). Sample the scraps of a traditional Jugalian funeral feast. Tour the alchemic fumeworks! View a rare event, as a jaded unliving undergoes necropsy at the Faculty of Surgery! Visit the Trollhide Room, but don't report what you do or experience there. Avoid Staggertown on your way to the Bazaar. Finish the day with a picnic in Queens' Park.

Maybe steal a monkey ... sabotage the fumeworks ... investigate arson ... guard an estate sale ... help a Sister of Introspection find her lost little cousin ...

All run on the Risus engine.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#924 Post by tarlyn »

tibbius wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:12 am Have some escapades in Quesoleum! Take a clockwork bird ride (keep all body parts away from the cooling fins). Sample the scraps of a traditional Jugalian funeral feast. Tour the alchemic fumeworks! View a rare event, as a jaded unliving undergoes necropsy at the Faculty of Surgery! Visit the Trollhide Room, but don't report what you do or experience there. Avoid Staggertown on your way to the Bazaar. Finish the day with a picnic in Queens' Park.

Maybe steal a monkey ... sabotage the fumeworks ... investigate arson ... guard an estate sale ... help a Sister of Introspection find her lost little cousin ...

All run on the Risus engine.

You had me at steal a monkey .... :SAN: :evil: :twisted: :lol:
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#925 Post by tarlyn »

Venture Brothers character,,,,, daughter of the hilarious Dr Orpheus,

Basing my pc on her so she will reflect him and her, but mostly her :)

Her name will be Vinegar Morpholin
Attachments
TrianaMorpheus.png
TrianaMorpheus.png (67.17 KiB) Viewed 536 times
Triana2.png
Triana2.png (598.98 KiB) Viewed 536 times
Triana Picture.JPG
Triana Picture.JPG (44.1 KiB) Viewed 536 times
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#926 Post by dmw71 »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:46 pm Same for me, but some Greyhawk grognards are adamant to the Greyhawk Wars never happened and won't play anything after 576 CY.
I definitely do not consider myself a Greyhawk grognard in the least, so you'll get no objections from me no matter when or where you base your game.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#927 Post by hedgeknight »

dmw71 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:23 pm
hedgeknight wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:46 pm Same for me, but some Greyhawk grognards are adamant to the Greyhawk Wars never happened and won't play anything after 576 CY.
I definitely do not consider myself a Greyhawk grognard in the least, so you'll get no objections from me no matter when or where you base your game.
And that's just another reason you're in like Flynn, old buddy! :D
Winter is coming...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#928 Post by dmw71 »

hedgeknight wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:08 am And that's just another reason you're in like Flynn, old buddy!
Who are you calling old? ;) :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#929 Post by ybn1197 »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:55 pm
hedgeknight wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:08 am And that's just another reason you're in like Flynn, old buddy!
Who are you calling old? ;) :lol:
If the slippers fit... :lol:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#930 Post by dmw71 »

ybn1197 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:09 pm If the slippers fit...
:lol:

But slippers? :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#931 Post by ybn1197 »

Don't knock them. This old grognard loves his slippers after a long day at work. :ugeek:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#932 Post by dmw71 »

ybn1197 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:22 pm Don't knock them. This old grognard loves his slippers after a long day at work.
I'm just guessing here, but I assume you're not talking about fuzzy bunny slippers (which is what I think of when I hear the word "slippers"). :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#933 Post by Leitz »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:38 pm
ybn1197 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:22 pm Don't knock them. This old grognard loves his slippers after a long day at work.
I'm just guessing here, but I assume you're not talking about fuzzy bunny slippers (which is what I think of when I hear the word "slippers"). :lol:
I thought this was a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of place? :P

We're back to cheap rentals with minimal/absent insulation. I'd take FBS's over cold feet.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#934 Post by ybn1197 »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:38 pm I'm just guessing here, but I assume you're not talking about fuzzy bunny slippers (which is what I think of when I hear the word "slippers"). :lol:
Oh h3ll no! :cry: I go for the moccasin style personally. Or the slides if you're a pipe and smoking jacket type.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#935 Post by GreyWolfVT »

This is a safe space after all we ask no questions, and embellish lots to make reality hard to find. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#936 Post by Leitz »

On an actual gaming note, the biggest thing I want to play in is a world/universe rich in NPCs, high in party cohesion, and lots of PC downtime so I can write stories that would be too boring for the DM or other players.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#937 Post by tibbius »

Leitz wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:47 pm On an actual gaming note, the biggest thing I want to play in is a world/universe rich in NPCs, high in party cohesion, and lots of PC downtime so I can write stories that would be too boring for the DM or other players.
I'll hook you up any time. - can't guarantee party cohesion, but that wouldn't be hard to come by here.

Warning: the game I'm contemplating has a 43-page double column letter page worldbook. And it uses Risus.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#938 Post by Leitz »

tibbius wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:29 pm
Leitz wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:47 pm On an actual gaming note, the biggest thing I want to play in is a world/universe rich in NPCs, high in party cohesion, and lots of PC downtime so I can write stories that would be too boring for the DM or other players.
I'll hook you up any time. - can't guarantee party cohesion, but that wouldn't be hard to come by here.
What you did with Bran was awesome, and the party was cohesive enough for me. If I could wrap my head around the game mechanics you're so good at, this would be a no-brainer.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#939 Post by tibbius »

Leitz wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:32 pm What you did with Bran was awesome, and the party was cohesive enough for me. If I could wrap my head around the game mechanics you're so good at, this would be a no-brainer.
:blush:

I think the mechanics of Risus would click with you. You define your character with several "cliches," which really should be called "concepts" except that's not as catchy. A cliche can be anything. For example, in some games I have run in this setting, the characters included
  • Loud (2) Jugalian (2) Brute (4) Fisherman (1)
  • THEIF: 4FAST TALKER:3 STREET SMART:3
  • Stoic (4), once survived a bear's embrace, and now formally blind. So too is the bear. (4) Formerly a Royal Dragoon (2)
  • Skilled and sneaky thief (4), persuasive adorable girl (3), stalker of the night (2) practioner of Onderban escaping tactics (2)
  • a respectable and pleasant Jugalian mercenary (3), who has adopted a pup {[3]} from the white wolf's hidden den (1), survived a bear's embrace (2), and fought at the gate of Quesoleum (3)
The numbers in () are how many six-sided dice the player gets to roll for things relevant to the thus-labeled cliche.

To flog the horse again, I really think you'd "get" the mechanics of Risus quickly.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#940 Post by hedgeknight »

dmw71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:55 pm
Who are you calling old? ;) :lol
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This old grognard prefers bare feet under a nice blanket...and a cute little elf maiden to rub 'em. :P

At least, that's what I told my wife I wanted for Christmas when she asked. Haven't seen her since! :SAN:
Winter is coming...

Return to “Looking for players or games”