Trieste: Vacationing in the Poisoned Air

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Trieste: Vacationing in the Poisoned Air

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter looks at Eugene and says "I'd go with the snowglobe.". Not realling having much to do Cart just kinda follows the others around.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Keehnelf »

Ike, LZ and Carter head to the local datamart and do some browsing for a nominal fee among the caches stored in the planet's various archives.

After an hour of searching by the three, they discover the appropriate storehouse of Exploratory Service VINs and identify the stolen number as belonging to a class of long range in-system sensor probes maintained by the garrison on Asgard XI. This type of device is generally used by the Service upon first entering the perimeter of a new system to determine what celestial and planetary bodies are to be found, without having to expend the time and fuel necessary to move the ship further into the system where dangerous environmental hazards or planetary proximity might cause problems with quick departure.

28 hours until lift-off.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Keehnelf »

Eugene buys the snowglobe and heads back to the landing pad to get some rest on the ship. As he is crossing the main thoroughfare between the market street and the outer security cordon leading to the access tubes, he feels something hard poke into the small of his back and a lilting, unfamiliar feminine voice breathes in his ear, "Hey there, Eugene Suldanto. Mind taking a bit of a detour so we can have a chat?"

29 hours until lift-off.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein, explorer
Keehnelf wrote:Ike, LZ and Carter head to the local datamart and do some browsing for a nominal fee among the caches stored in the planet's various archives.

After an hour of searching by the three, they discover the appropriate storehouse of Exploratory Service VINs and identify the stolen number as belonging to a class of long range in-system sensor probes maintained by the garrison on Asgard XI. This type of device is generally used by the Service upon first entering the perimeter of a new system to determine what celestial and planetary bodies are to be found, without having to expend the time and fuel necessary to move the ship further into the system where dangerous environmental hazards or planetary proximity might cause problems with quick departure.

28 hours until lift-off.
"Hmm, interesting," comments Ike to LZ and Carter upon learning of the sensor probe. "So it wasn't a ship but just a probe. I wonder what would be of interest to those men scavenging it. Data of some sort?"

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter looks to Ike with not a clue as to the answer behind that question. Shrugging "I honestly don't know. I'm not one to try and dig into other people's business much anyways." having said his piece Carter simply thinks of his own situation and priorities.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

"What the… who is that? How do you know my... Oh (insert expletive here)!"
In an istant Eugene is brought back to reality. With all the excitement on the trip to Trieste he forgot why he left in the first place. Eugene slowly raises his hands in the air elevating the bag with the gift for Samantha. He does not turn around or make any sudden movements but continues to look straight ahead.
"Listen, I know what this is all about. You can tell Sam I'm going to get him his money. I promise. I was planning on coming back when I had it, honest."
Eugene now visible sweating.
"Surely we can make a deal. Do you like snow globes?"
He jostles the gift bag holding Samantha's Snow globe. Eugene's voice starts to crack and he starts to tremble.
"It's really nice. I got it for a pretty lady. Your a pretty lady, right?" Eugene waits in silence for a response.
"Please, I'm to young to die." he blubbers as he ready to be prodded off to his fate.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Keehnelf »

Eugene

29 hours until lift-off

The weapon barrel slowly and carefully steers Eugene through the teeming crowd toward an alleyway. "Actually, I had something different in mind. I heard through a source that there's a nice bundle of valuable cargo in the hold of your ship waiting for someone to offload it. I'd be willing to do so, and the price I'm willing to pay is your continued existence on this wretched mudball. Sam will be off your back and you can go your unremarkable way off into the starry sky."

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter not trying to be rude to Ike goes off to look for Eugene "I've not seen much of Eugene I'm going to go check on him. Make sure he is alright. Care to tag along Ike?"

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator
Keehnelf wrote:["Actually, I had something different in mind. I heard through a source that there's a nice bundle of valuable cargo in the hold of your ship waiting for someone to offload it. I'd be willing to do so, and the price I'm willing to pay is your continued existence on this wretched mudball. Sam will be off your back and you can go your unremarkable way off into the starry sky."
Eugene quickly answers.
"It's yours. Take it. But you need to hurry. Our ship is scheduled to leave tomorrow."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Keehnelf »

"Oh, I plan on it. I need you to vouch for me with the captain so we can safely get the cargo removed. I'm going to let you arrange that and will be at the platform with a loader in three hours. Don't try anything stupid in the meantime; I've got eyes on you and I grew up in a dome city so I'll be able to find you if you run."

The pressure eases off Eugene's back and it is a long moment before the quiet makes him realize he is alone once more.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by max_vale »

Loraine 'El Zee' Zane

Loraine will accompany Ike and Carter on their search for Eugene. She was feeling very uncomfortable; after seeing the illegal salvage operation and the 'hands off/don't care' attitude of the powers-that-be; made the former Security official realize that she was most definitely NOT on a 'tight ship' in the Navy any more....

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator

Eugene races back to the ship. On the way he speaks to himself.
"Oh boy how am I going to get out of this mess."
He ponders on it and hopes by the time he makes it back to the ship he'll have it solved.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer
GreyWolfVT wrote:Carter not trying to be rude to Ike goes off to look for Eugene "I've not seen much of Eugene I'm going to go check on him. Make sure he is alright. Care to tag along Ike?"
"Sure, go look for him," answers Ike. "I'm going to research some more here and maybe look about the dome some more."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Grognardsw »

Ike, explorer

Ike considers what to do next. Activity in this dome seems slow. He has heard things are more busy in the West Marches dome.

GreyWolfVT

#35 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter "Loraine I welcome your company. Sorry I had forgotten you were with us. Eugene and Ike had been keeping most of my attention in conversation. I did not meant to exclude you."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by max_vale »

"No problem. This is my first real visit on a world other than my home planet. I served in the Navy for a Tour and saw quite a bit of space; but I was never lucky enough to get shore leave or exploration duty; so I'm often finding myself lost in taking in the sights."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Keehnelf »

Grognardsw wrote:Ike, explorer

Ike considers what to do next. Activity in this dome seems slow. He has heard things are more busy in the West Marches dome.
Hah, embarrassingly true.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Keehnelf »

Where are carter and LZ going first in their search for Eugene?

GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The last place we saw him head off too.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Keehnelf »

He mentions going back to the ship, so...

Carter and alas arrive at the landing platform of the star port just as Eugene also arrives, sweaty and out of breath, with eyes downcast, noticing very little around him.

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”