(IC) Acrewood College Prep - Homeroom, scene 3

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: (IC) Acrewood College Prep - Homeroom, scene 3

#21 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Within Mrs. Meecher's classroom, the lesson continues to forge ahead, in fits and starts. Lucinda has moved up into Vanessa 's seat, volunteering to pass out sheets of paper, answering questions, even grabbing a lost dry erase marker that slipped from the teacher's trembling hands. Lucinda is the very image of the perfect student today. She has even forgone the pink cowgirl boots in favor of respectable patent leather loafers.

Lucinda waves Summer forward to occupy Clarence's seat. She flashes Summer a wicked smile. Still smiling, she whispers to Summer, "On Friday, this will all be worth it."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:okay, for Rukellian...
Clarence finds himself in the cemetary, crouched behind a large ornate mausoleum. There are fresh flowers in front of it. Nearby, a woman gets into a black Mercedes and pulls away from the curb.

Around the corner of the mausoleum, Clarence watches Vanessa, walking by herself amongst the rows of tombstones. She carries a small bunch of wallflowers, which she has picked from the surrounding grass and field.

She did not return the phone call from Clarence over the weekend. She seems to want to be alone. In her misery. There are tears on her face. She is mumbling to herself as she walks, looking at each tombstone in their turn.

She sees the beautiful mausoleum, an old marble family crypt, placed here many years ago. There is no other structure like it in the cemetery. Vanessa begins to walk towards where Clarence is, with no indication that she sees him.
Hmmm... I think I know where this is going. But I will play along for now ;)

Clarence wants to approach her, but he holds himself back for some reason. Perhaps its the mood, the setting, he doesn't want to risk the chance of there being shouting and more tears here. He stands back, with his arms dangling by his sides, and wonders who she could be visiting. A chill runs down his back as a strange thought comes to mind; he pushes it away....
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Q.Q Elf »

you are always hiding!
ok, I'm turning it up to 11, Rukellian...
She stops short of the mausoleum, and pulls the knife from under her coat. Before Clarence can react, she cuts. At first, Clarence thinks she slashes her wrist, but she doesn't. She squeezes blood from the slash on her left palm onto the pile of wild flowers at her feet.

"Emissary of the Horned Prince! Hear my plea! Come forth to hear my bargain!"

The sky turns inside out, clouding over with rain spewing black anvil clouds, spitting lightning in forks and sheets.

Something rises from the ground, and the world loses all color. It is tall, regal, and wreathed in flames. The smell of sulfur and ash fills the air.

It makes no sound, but the words fill Clarence's consciousness.
You wish to bargain? You wish to leave your burdens at my feet, girl?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:you are always hiding!
ok, I'm turning it up to 11, Rukellian...
She stops short of the mausoleum, and pulls the knife from under her coat. Before Clarence can react, she cuts. At first, Clarence thinks she slashes her wrist, but she doesn't. She squeezes blood from the slash on her left palm onto the pile of wild flowers at her feet.

"Emissary of the Horned Prince! Hear my plea! Come forth to hear my bargain!"

The sky turns inside out, clouding over with rain spewing black anvil clouds, spitting lightning in forks and sheets.

Something rises from the ground, and the world loses all color. It is tall, regal, and wreathed in flames. The smell of sulfur and ash fills the air.

It makes no sound, but the words fill Clarence's consciousness.
You wish to bargain? You wish to leave your burdens at my feet, girl?
And I'm always playing the coward too, running away when things look bad, not wanting to get hurt, isn't that right? Well I guess you wouldn't like that either, so I will do something out of character ;) Btw, WTF just happened? :lol: Didn't see this one coming! 8-)

"I would like to take part in this bargain too," Clarence says in a bold voice as he steps up to the two in front of him. He shoots a quick look at Vanessa, his eyes furious and yet still showing concern for her. He then directs his gaze at the figure wreathed in flames. "She carries many burdens, but she does not have to go through with this alone. Allow me to share her fate." Manipulate NPC Roll [2d6-1] = 3-1 = 2 Well, I guess my words were not as convincing... Too late to turn back now I suppose.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Q.Q Elf »

ha ha, I felt like playing the thermonuclear option. The other stories have started hinting in this direction. Have we fully worked out Clarence's history? I think I will throw another atomic wrench into it.
The flaming figure stares through Clarence, as if the student were not there at all. You have passed! You have passed! Have you forgotten? How much of your memory have you lost? Your soul belongs to the Horned Prince already, Clarence Georges Dufonte Price. Go, return to Sheol, where you belong.

The flame-wreathed being points to the beautiful mausoleum in a dismissive, imperial manner. It almost has pity on its immortal visage. There is something welcoming about going to the mausoleum, though. It may be a good place to lay down and rest.

The brass plate above the iron door reads PRICE. Clarence lifts his hand to push open the door, but his hand has dissolved into ash and smoke under the gaze of the Emissary. Clarence passes through the iron door, shedding his body of ash in a slowly disintegrating pile of black dust.

Along the inner walls of the mausoleum are small repositories for holding urns of cremated bodies. Each occupied spot has a brass plaque with a small inscription.

Clarence reads the newest, brightest plaque that reads "Clarence, beloved son". Clarence begins to remember... his father, the aloof scion of the old family. Clarence's mother, Mrs. Price-Walters... Her husband's cousin, a domineering figure who tormented Clarence, who was to be the family heir. His baby sister, Lucinda, who was ignored and scorned as the mistake until this all fell upon her like an avalanche of pain. Everything that Clarence wanted to forget, given back to him by the terrible Emissary.

Clarence looks down at himself, seeing nothing but dust and air.

ok. Darkest Self, because I'm terrible, and it's going to force you hard into the world to come back.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

Holy S--t! Did this just happen?! No wonder he wanted to forget his past...

I'm going to pick vengeful for my new ghost move; I think it will be appropriate now. :twisted:

----

As his earthly body disentigrates into blacken ash, so does the chains shackling his memories and past. He remembers. His family, his upbringing, the responsibilities that he shouldered and thrust unto Lucinda, unknowingly. He remembered being depressed, but never over something like this!

Clarence falls to his invisible knees and wails in anger, crying as well. He's really dead now! His life at school was a sham, a lie! But they all knew... why, and how? They all saw me, talked to me, treated me like everyone else. Did they know I was even dead? Wait... the principal knew. She's no fool, and.... yes, Lucinda is bound to know as well. She used to be my sister, of all people, my sister. She KNOWS I died! The bitch. And why stop there?

Clarence's undead mind races through all of the faces he's met, the people who have mistreated him or watched him a bit too closely. Seth, Victoria, Frederick, Marcus, his new pal Pavo, Mr. Finney, and Summer. Vanessa, she never really cared, did she? After all that I've tried to do for her, looking out for her. No, I'm alone, and I have to fix everything myself, find out who killed me and make them pay. Mrs. Meecher still needs my help though.... This much I can do. No one will get to her, not without me having a say in it!

Clarence swings the mausoleum door wide open and rushes towards the school, not caring to look at Vanessa anymore. There was nothing between them, this had to be the case, needs to be.

Edit: He always had an affinity for things that were dark and serious. Now that he is a ghost, Clarence feels more at home when he gazes upon the abyss of death. It doesn't take much for him, staring into space. His mind goes to work, entering a mobile trance as he seeks answers within the darkness of his own soul. Who to hunt and pursue first? [2d6+2] = 6+2 = 8 I choose a confusing and alarming vision for my roll.
Last edited by Rukellian on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#27 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Friday. Friday Friday Friday. The sky falls on Friday.

Summer gets up and moves into Clarence's front-row seat, uneasily aware of the eyes of other students on her. Lucinda is acting…bizarrely normal. Mrs. Meecher seems to have pulled herself together at least a little, though, and that's good, even if it's because of Lucinda and her slave collar.

She's so tired…she wishes she were back home, wherever home is. Real people have a home; what could home be for someone like Summer?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by Q.Q Elf »

It is a quiet time in the classroom as Mrs. Meecher assigned a brief in-class writing assignment on the poem she just read. The students are remarkably into the lesson this time.

Lucinda is writing notes quietly, and then she reaches over and grabs Summer's arm like a drowning swimmer grabbing for rescue. "I... don't know what just happened... I need to get out of here..." She stumbles to her feet, and then collapses to the ground.

Her eyes flutter open as Mrs. Meecher kneels down above her. Lucinda says, weakly, ""I'm sorry... I know what I have to do. Don't tell my mother..." Lucinda glances over at Summer and winks.

Flustered, Mrs. Meecher looks at Summer, "Could you help Lucinda to the nurse's station?" Her eyes are fearful and uncertain.

The door to the classroom bangs open, though there is nobody there.

okay, Clarence is back in the room. Sort of. :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

So... what has my dark insight shown me? Depending on the vision I recieve, my actions will vary.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian...
The swirling mists part, and reveal an image...

I think the mechanical difference is whether or not you want a Condition... But confusing and alarming it is.

The school floats on a sea of blood. The smell of sulfur and ash permeates everything, enveloping everything in a foul miasma.

In the gymnasium, the Emissary sits on an iron throne, collecting homework. The homework doesn't burn in his wreath of fire.

Lucinda has already given the Emissary her homework. She passes out little bags of candy. Looking at Clarence, she says, "Big brother! Did you like the candy I gave you?"

The Emissary stares through Clarence. You know what must be done, Clarence Georges Dufonte Price. For the good of all, you know what must be done.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Frederick shrugs. "The way you move. Your choice of seats. Your interactions with others. They mark you...

"It's the pills, you see. My therapist likes when I can speak the music. I taste the colors, sometimes. There's something off about you. Or maybe something else in there with you."

mc voice: Okay, you can leave Frederick alone& go off to do your thing if you like. You don't need to interact with the NPCs
Seth watches Frederick, taking into account all of his scents and mannerisms, just as a predator watches it's prey. "They mark me? I'll have to take that into account... So, what kind of hunter are you then? What is your prey?"

Well jeez Q.Q You tell me to go off and do my own then but then give me this interesting bit of info?

You fiend you!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rukellian »

No one can see me... hear me... or feel me... I will get their attention though, one way or another.

A piece of chalk floats up to chalkboard and furiously etches out a picture of a staircase, a staircase leading up to a shining door. Making sure the chalk screeches nice and loud, the following message is written by a ghostly hand: "YOU KNEW!"

A chair is then picked up and smashed against the wall, wood splintering everywhere.

You are cowering, afraid, good! I will make you suffer a little longer, set an example, yes... you will pay for all of your horrible deeds.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#33 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer is just hauling Lucinda to her feet when the chalk screeches and the chair is smashed. Tiredly, she says, "Really? A poltergeist? Or is one of you secretly Carrie? Raise your hands, who needs this shit?"

shutting down Clarence: 2d6-1=3 whee!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by MonkeyWrench »

From the bathroom Seth can hear the sound of breaking wood, he ignores it for now as he watches Frederick, waiting for his answer. He may have another prey worth taking down...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Summer is just hauling Lucinda to her feet when the chalk screeches and the chair is smashed. Tiredly, she says, "Really? A poltergeist? Or is one of you secretly Carrie? Raise your hands, who needs this shit?"

shutting down Clarence: 2d6-1=3 whee!
I had my doubts about her at first, thinking that she may have been worth letting go, but now she mocks me, even in death?! I'll show her!

[2d6+2] = 5+2 = 7 A chair leg floats up into the air and rushes towards Summer, slamming into the side of her legs. This was a vengeful swing and added an extra harm point to the damage. In turn though, Summer will be allowed to counterattack and deal one point of harm as well, right?

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Q.Q Elf »

sometimes, it is just misdirection...

Frederick smiles, and says, "I only chase people online. My therapist thinks it's unhealthy, but what's the harm? She deserves it anyway. The slut. There's always more sluts, you know?"

I guess I wasn't sure what you were intending when Seth went into the hallway.
Sometimes you need to hit me over the head with your intentions... Who you want to involve, how you want a scene to go down, and so on.

Of course, every one is giving me a ton of hard moves to figure out now! I don't know if that's good for me or not, but it's funny that it all is breaking loose now.

Okay, time to get back to the classroom.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Victoria somehow has a huge cross in her hands, whispering, "Pater noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur Nomen Tuum..."

The temperature in the room drops below freezing, and everyone can see their breath crystallize in the air, with nostrils pinching with cold as you breathe in due to the frozen air.

Lucinda screams and covers her face in actual fear. "No! Not again! Stay away!" she screams, her face resembling a little girl.

Mrs. Meecher collapses to the floor. Marcus bolts from the room, leaving a wet puddle in the seat of his chair. Other students start running towards the door.

mc voice: Good stuff, guys!

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Q.Q Elf »

okay... Parsing Clarence's action. Did you pick up an Advancement? It's difficult to run it all down on my phone. I really need to write this stuff down in a notebook...

So there intent is to use Vengeance, I think, after tagging people with blame, yes? That's cool. It's what you should be doing :)

You need to tag them with the blame first, though. I think you can accomplish that a couple posts above, but I'll need a roll for that if only because you are tagging Summer and not a NPC.

Then you get the Vengeance thing.

Actually, take your Vengeance result (the roll of 7), tag Summer & take a consequence, and then roll the Lash Out.

Does that make sense?

oh, and I'll give Lucinda the blamed condition. Isn't "say Yes" one of the rules? Or is that before AW?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:okay... Parsing Clarence's action. Did you pick up an Advancement? It's difficult to run it all down on my phone. I really need to write this stuff down in a notebook...

So there intent is to use Vengeance, I think, after tagging people with blame, yes? That's cool. It's what you should be doing :)

You need to tag them with the blame first, though. I think you can accomplish that a couple posts above, but I'll need a roll for that if only because you are tagging Summer and not a NPC.

Then you get the Vengeance thing.

Actually, take your Vengeance result (the roll of 7), tag Summer & take a consequence, and then roll the Lash Out.

Does that make sense?

oh, and I'll give Lucinda the blamed condition. Isn't "say Yes" one of the rules? Or is that before AW?
Advancement, yes. I've been keeping track of my experience gained on my Ghost Sheet. Take a consequence for casting blame? Not sure what to pick... I don't see casting blame section in the reference pdf. I can certainly roll again for Lash out, but if its done out of vengeance, it will make use of my dark stat, just as a reminder. [2d6+2] = 7+2 = 9 Okay, same difference from the looks of things. Do I pick the consequence associated with the Vengeful attack, or does the victim do so?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:sometimes, it is just misdirection...

Frederick smiles, and says, "I only chase people online. My therapist thinks it's unhealthy, but what's the harm? She deserves it anyway. The slut. There's always more sluts, you know?"

I guess I wasn't sure what you were intending when Seth went into the hallway.
Sometimes you need to hit me over the head with your intentions... Who you want to involve, how you want a scene to go down, and so on.

Of course, every one is giving me a ton of hard moves to figure out now! I don't know if that's good for me or not, but it's funny that it all is breaking loose now.

Okay, time to get back to the classroom.
Seth nods his head in understanding, "I suppose there are always more. Better head back to class, sounds like something is happening." Seth waits for Frederick to head back ahead of him, mentally cursing himself at the fact that this whole conversation was pointless. He then heads out and continues with his plan for Mr. Finney.

~~~~~~~~~~~CLASSROOM RETURN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually gonna save this bit for the future actions of the others, it will probably take a bit before Seth returns so I'm not sure what he will be returning to...

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”