(IC) Acrewood College Prep - Homeroom, scene 3

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (IC) Acrewood College Prep - Homeroom, scene 3

#41 Post by Rukellian »

Alrighty, in light of how the blame system works for my Unresolved Trauma, Clarence will have casted blame on Summer and Lucinda, gaining the delusional condition and the renactment of one of his many deaths while under the influence of the drug 'stairway to heaven'.

The chill in the room starts to mess with the ghostly menace....

Flashbacks of being thrown into an icy river and being forcefully kept under, it all floods back to Clarence. The cold, it killed him, wait... was it the cold or the point where he drowned? Either way, the cold is not a friendly reminder and for a moment, he is shaken. He swears that he can hear the flooding of water around him now, gushing through the windows in the classroom.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian. I think you can also pick up +1 by channeling blamed (which you have tagged Summer with). This would put your Vengeance result at a 10. So it's 1 harm, plus 1 for Vengeance, plus a 10+ result for Lash Out Physically.
- add 1 more harm
- take 1 String on Summer
- Summer has to Hold Steady before acting

As for Unresolved Trauma and blaming Summer... the 7-9 result allows you to tag blamed, but you need to choose one bad thing:
- Clarence gains the delusional condition
- Clarence can't speak for the rest of the scene
- Clarence picks up 1 harm
- Clarence begins to relive the scene of his death

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Rukellian. I think you can also pick up +1 by channeling blamed (which you have tagged Summer with). This would put your Vengeance result at a 10. So it's 1 harm, plus 1 for Vengeance, plus a 10+ result for Lash Out Physically.
- add 1 more harm
- take 1 String on Summer
- Summer has to Hold Steady before acting

As for Unresolved Trauma and blaming Summer... the 7-9 result allows you to tag blamed, but you need to choose one bad thing:
- Clarence gains the delusional condition
- Clarence can't speak for the rest of the scene
- Clarence picks up 1 harm
- Clarence begins to relive the scene of his death
I don't want to deal too much harm in one go (I'm not that evil of a player), nor do I want to possibly prevent another player from responding to my attack (would feel like cheating) so I will pick the take a string on Summer.

For the Unresolved Trauma, I will go through with the reliving of a death scene.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Seth and Frederick walk quietly and quickly back towards the classroom. They spot Vanessa, who looks unusually calm and serene. She smells of sulfur and ash, and her hair crackles with static electricity. She has no backpack, and instead of a school uniform, she wears black jeans, a black t-shirt, and a long black overcoat. She carries a duffel bag. Something long and black glints metallic from within the long bag.

Seeing Frederick, she smiles, and reaches into the bag with her other hand.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seth begins to subtly slow his walk so that Frederick stays in front of him as he watches Vanessa take whatever she has from the bag. He lets Frederick lengthen the gap between them before he stops all together, letting Frederick walk towards Vanessa as he watches. Curious as to what will happen next.

Seth smells the high amount of sulfur in the air, all leading back to Vanessa. He knows this smell, the smell of someone who gave up their soul. He knows what is about to happen next as he shuffles a bit to the side so that only Frederick is in her line of sight.

Also, for Metal Fatigue... I don't know what exactly you have in mind for Seth but he did promise Summer that he'd help her the next time she called him, just a reminder with all the crazy stuff happening in the classroom...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Vanessa pulls an assault rifle from the bag. How and when she got a M4A1 with laser sighting... only the Horned Prince would know that. Frederick freezes in confusion, and then in acceptance, closing his eyes as if to shut out the scene before him. The red dot from the laser sweeps across the floor, towards Frederick...

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Quick question before I respond to this scene... Due to rolls and the presented options via the game system is it quite possible for the werewolf to transform during the day? I guess you can see where I am going with this...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Q.Q Elf »

werewolf transformation is something we all should agree on. There is no specific limit on where or when, except that we agree to it.

Questions...
I guess I'll throw this in one of the other threads for discussion...

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Q.Q Elf »

okay, so a 2 Harm smash to Summer, wrasslin style, with the chair?

Summer receives a heavy blow across her head, shoulders, and upper back. The chair shatters around her as she falls across a screaming Lucinda, who continues to cry like a little child.

if need be, Summer will be removed to the hospital to recuperate if Metal Fatigue is out. That will fix 1 Harm during the downtime.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Vanessa pulls an assault rifle from the bag. How and when she got a M4A1 with laser sighting... only the Horned Prince would know that. Frederick freezes in confusion, and then in acceptance, closing his eyes as if to shut out the scene before him. The red dot from the laser sweeps across the floor, towards Frederick...
Seth doesn't care if she kills Frederick, but once he's dead she may set her sights on him. And while normal bullets won't kill him, this smell of sulfur has him guessing. He decides to react while it's only the two of them. Two deaths to keep him alive and his secret quiet... he can live with this.

So Seth decides to act... in the worst way possible. Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 - you become your darkest self

The last thing Frederick saw was Vanessa raising the rifle towards him, he closed his eyes to accept his fate. But that wasn't the last thing he felt... He heard what sounded like bones cracking and popping, a low gutteral growl emanating from behind him at the same time he could hear gritted moans, someone doing their best not to scream out in pain. That gun blast never came, instead he felt a massive force throw him into the wall as if he was a simple rag doll, knocking his head against the wall brutally. The next thing he can hear as his head rings is the sound of a muffled cry and breathless gasping. Once he has the sense of mind to open his eyes he can't believe what he is seeing, a massive and furred shape, slumped on all fours over Vanessa, it's mouth clamped down on her throat and her blood flowing out. The beast clamps down harder and shakes, breaking the girls neck as more blood squirts out; the creatures eyes shift to him and a low growl begins forming in it's throat, it lets go of the girls throat and stands up to it's fullest height, a massive beast resembling a wolf. The last thing he saw was the creature rush towards him, blood matting it's snout.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Frederick is sprawled out, hit with 1 Harm to start.
Vanessa sees a giant Werewolf, and is temporarily frozen in place..
Seth stalks towards Vanessa, his body surging with primal power. He coils his body and rushes towards her.

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8 - give them a string?

Also, as a move Seth has Primal Dominance, so he should actually have a string on Duke for the savage beating last night, and now one string on both Vanessa and Frederick.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Vanessa saw the change? That's the String. She's not safe yet, though .

Seth smashes Vanessa to the ground with a swipe of his paw-hand. The girl can barely squeak in terror.

There is still time for what needs to be done...

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Yeah, she would have been facing him during the change so above all she is going to have to die... lets hope the dice agree with me...

Seth's true form continues after Vanessa, mauling her. Everything is happening so quickly she doesn't even have time to think...
Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 9+1 = 10 - Obvious add 1 harm (which so far makes 3 harm)

Looks like so far the dice are in fact agreeing with me...

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Vanessa spends the String on Seth.
Seth gets the murderer condition.

I don't know what it means, but Seth is marked by what he will do.

Vanessa crumples, bleeding out and going fast. Her eyes plead with Seth to stop, but the Wolf has taken over.

Frederick, horrified, rushes in to try to stop Seth rather than attempt to flee.

okay, your dice have worked so far!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Murderer Condition? I wonder if anyone will be able to use that against me if they don't find out this was me...

As Frederick jumps onto Seth's true form, the wolf in him senses the danger and retaliates against Frederick. If This encounter goes well for me I may have some fun things in store for you Q.Q :twisted:

Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 - give them a string (Frederick Knows Seth is the beast...) / Frederick is now at 2 Harm, should be unconscious at this point?

Seth Knocks Frederick away and begins to leap upon him. Not sure if I can roll again at this point? Just use this whenever able to I guess.
Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 8+1 = 9 - Give them a string? I doubt he can harm him in his state and he's already his darkest self so... he now gets 2-3 strings on Seth?

EDIT: Also with these two actions that would be two more strings on Frederick right? So I should have about 3 strings on him now.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:okay, so a 2 Harm smash to Summer, wrasslin style, with the chair?

Summer receives a heavy blow across her head, shoulders, and upper back. The chair shatters around her as she falls across a screaming Lucinda, who continues to cry like a little child.

if need be, Summer will be removed to the hospital to recuperate if Metal Fatigue is out. That will fix 1 Harm during the downtime.
I'd like to give him a chance to respond, if that is alright with you. I understand that Summer has taken some damage, but who knows, maybe adrenaline will force the body to do incredible things?

If nothing happens in the next few moments in-game, Clarence will probably make a tactical retreat, overcome with the sense of dread produced from his simulated death. I have to admit, he is not a full-blown killer yet. He's lashing out, yes, but he is still holding on to his humanity and what it entails (cowardice, uncertainty, consciousness). Though anger is guiding his blows.... he cannot bring himself to kill, not yet at least.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Okay, I have to spend a String that Frederick has on Seth. Can't ignore them any longer. I'm triggering a Hard Move.

Frederick slams backwards, bleeding from a dozen wounds. Despite his injuries, he finally manages to cry out,"Help me! There's a monster in the school!"

From around the corner, the school nurse and the librarian stumble onto the scene. The nurse shrieks in terror, while the librarian drops the pile of books that she was carrying.

Also, with Darkest Self, you're on a rampage. You have to hurt everyone in your way.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Okay, I have to spend a String that Frederick has on Seth. Can't ignore them any longer. I'm triggering a Hard Move.

Frederick slams backwards, bleeding from a dozen wounds. Despite his injuries, he finally manages to cry out,"Help me! There's a monster in the school!"

From around the corner, the school nurse and the librarian stumble onto the scene. The nurse shrieks in terror, while the librarian drops the pile of books that she was carrying.

Also, with Darkest Self, you're on a rampage. You have to hurt everyone in your way.
Clarence hears this and gladly exits the room to see what is going on. His ghostly visage has left him cold, but seeing the sight of a people he used to care about, Frederick and Vanessa all beaten and on the verge of death, something stirs within him. Here stands before him a werewolf, threatening to maul a nurse and librarian now. Nothing surprises Clarence right now.

He doesn't know who the hell is standing in the hall dressed in fur and blood, but Clarence is sure of one thing, it is to be blamed for what has happened here, what is going to happen. He picks up the black rifle strewn on the ground and aims it at the werewolf. Blamed Condition Roll: [2d6+2] = 8+2 = 10

Vanessa and Frederick I can understand, but the nurse and librarian? They are innocent damn it!

How many times can I use a vengeful attack during a scene? If I can do so again, I will roll for it in my next post. Targeting the werewolf that has a blamed condition on it.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Shouldn't have picked up the weapon...

Seth has bitten and mauled both Frederick and Vanessa, his saliva mingling into Vanessa's wounds while Frederick got only claw marks. As he is about to finish Frederick off in his blood crazed state he see's more people coming out, His eyes dart between all of the newcomers, puny prey that think to stop him from killing? Seth's mind begins to blank, his rage now reaching an uncontrollable breaking point, he beings to lash out to Frederick, finishing him until he see's that black glint from the corner of his eye, turning to see a pale small prey wielding a weapon, pointing it at HIM... Threat has been assessed, the prey will die for it's boldness...

Seth beings charging towards Clarence, a guttural growl rising from his chest as he lets the beast now fully take over.... Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 12+1 = 13 - Add 1 harm and take one string on Clarence from Primal Dominance.

Sorry Ruke... That is gonna hurt.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Shouldn't have picked up the weapon...

Seth has bitten and mauled both Frederick and Vanessa, his saliva mingling into Vanessa's wounds while Frederick got only claw marks. As he is about to finish Frederick off in his blood crazed state he see's more people coming out, His eyes dart between all of the newcomers, puny prey that think to stop him from killing? Seth's mind begins to blank, his rage now reaching an uncontrollable breaking point, he beings to lash out to Frederick, finishing him until he see's that black glint from the corner of his eye, turning to see a pale small prey wielding a weapon, pointing it at HIM... Threat has been assessed, the prey will die for it's boldness...

Seth beings charging towards Clarence, a guttural growl rising from his chest as he lets the beast now fully take over.... Seth Volatile Roll: [2d6+1] = 12+1 = 13 - Add 1 harm and take one string on Clarence from Primal Dominance.

Sorry Ruke... That is gonna hurt.
Just so you know, you can't see ghosts, your attacking a floating rifle that can be dropped and abandoned at a moment's notice ;) It's a great attack roll if you are attacking air. I will leave this up to the MC though. Would it be too much to say that he pulled the trigger when he saw the werewolf charging him, spray some bullets before whatever happens happens? [2d6+2] = 9+2 = 11
Well well, a nice roll for me too! Add an extra harm to my vengeful attack bringing the total to 3 harm, and why not, I will take another string on the werewolf. Oh wait, the attack may have been insta-kill.... 1 harm plus another from vengeful, plus another from blamed status on target, plus another from high roll on attack.... yeah. MC? What's the verdict here? ;)

Edit: Okay, I don't like the fact that I'm potentially taking out a pc in one hit. I feel as if I've done something wrong with my action sequence and dice rolling. :shock: :?

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”