OOC IX

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC IX

#321 Post by MonsterMash »

phil285 wrote:I guess it's not so much as if there are any ur-orcs left, but more that we want to get out for now. Maybe this other group would fare badly against a cleaver and frying pan. :D

True, but the main thing is that we have plenty of damage and need to get back to camp and hide the treasure and rest so we can fight again whether its monsters or this other party.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#322 Post by Alethan »

A. Rhys can't lie.
B. Main goal was to not appear weak, thus drawing another attack on us when we are, in fact, weak.
C. Baso inferred there were lairs. Rhys never mentioned lairs.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#323 Post by Atlictoatl »

Alethan wrote:A. Rhys can't lie.
B. Main goal was to not appear weak, thus drawing another attack on us when we are, in fact, weak.
C. Baso inferred there were lairs. Rhys never mentioned lairs.
I don't want this to be about pointing out "how you did this all wrong", because I don't think you did. Goal B was effective. I wasn't aware that A existed; that's good to know, and we might evaluate which encounters Rhys is our representative in if that's the case, as there will be times that either choosing not to say something or outright lying may be desirable.

However, Rhys very much did infer a lair, which is the sole area where I think a misstep occurred:
Alethan wrote:We are hoping there is a hoard not yet discovered.
Had that not been said, we'd be golden. It's done; we'll deal; it's all good. We might still get out of here with our lives to pack treasure another day.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#324 Post by Wyzard »

It's cool. WE'll wait by the exit and tax them if they come out with "our" hoard.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#326 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Not much to add here, plus weekends are chaotic for me so not really getting to look at this until today...

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#327 Post by Atlictoatl »

I can work up a watch schedule, if folks can confirm for me that spellcasters (both divine and arcane) are going to want a full uninterrupted 8 hours in Dark Dungeons.

I know Wyzard is often on top of watch schedules, so you're welcome to pre-empt me if you prefer.

~*~

Are we ethically a PC party that is prepared to mug other adventures for their recovery of "our" hard-gotten gains? I'm curious if we would want to go visit the boisterous singing.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by thirdkingdom »

I've been pretty lenient with spellcasters, but I think it makes sense to rule that they do need eight hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#329 Post by Alethan »

Atlictoatl wrote:
Are we ethically a PC party that is prepared to mug other adventures for their recovery of "our" hard-gotten gains? I'm curious if we would want to go visit the boisterous singing.
That isn't an action becoming of knighted characters.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by thirdkingdom »

Alethan wrote:
Atlictoatl wrote:
Ha!

Yeah, everyone regains 1 hp overnight.

BTW, the impression y'all get is that Beso and his crew are certainly lower level than you guys.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#331 Post by Atlictoatl »

Did either Semele or Vanco bandage Tev's wound when he was paralyzed?

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#332 Post by Wyzard »

Alethan wrote:
Atlictoatl wrote:
I'm okay with it, but I suspect the rest of the party would on balance be against it.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#333 Post by Atlictoatl »

Here's a first pass. This doesn't take into account any priestly preferences or prayer times.

2 hours: Quint and Semele
2 hours: Tev
2 hours: Alethan and Bruno
2 hours: Thurgan
2 hours: Severi and Vanco

10 hours total rest, everyone gets 8 hours sleep. I put Alethan in the dead of night thinking that's when we might want his perception, and gave him Bruno in case Alethan felt the need to scout the perimeter. Bruno can certainly go elsewhere.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#334 Post by Atlictoatl »

Wyzard wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Atlictoatl wrote:
I'm okay with it, but I suspect the rest of the party would on balance be against it.
I was thinking of joining just because it sounds like they were having fun (if that's them), but it would also be good to see if they were making off with a haul.

Tev and Severi could always slip off in the middle of the night...

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:Did either Semele or Vanco bandage Tev's wound when he was paralyzed?
Not that I am aware of, no.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:Here's a first pass. This doesn't take into account any priestly preferences or prayer times.

10 hours total rest, everyone gets 8 hours sleep. I put Alethan in the dead of night thinking that's when we might want his perception, and gave him Bruno in case Alethan felt the need to scout the perimeter. Bruno can certainly go elsewhere.
Okay, votes, please.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#337 Post by Alethan »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Atlictoatl wrote:Here's a first pass. This doesn't take into account any priestly preferences or prayer times.

Okay, votes, please.
Yay.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by thirdkingdom »

Also, it sounds like you guys are going to rest for at least a day to recover. At a quick glance, it looks like the following healing spells are available:
3 - Cure Light Wounds (1d6+1 hp)
4 - Cure Minor Wounds (1 hp)

In the case of random encounters occurring during the day or night, can you guys let me know who is getting what? Don't be shy about claiming healing!

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#339 Post by Atlictoatl »

After another night of rest, Tev will only be down -3 HP. I'm happy for others to take all of the healing, unless any will go unused.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#340 Post by MonsterMash »

I'd say Thurgan would not want to jump the other party.

I'm fine with that.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”