OOC IX

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC IX

#361 Post by Wyzard »

Teh kid is just going to have to go with us. We should follow the blood trail, but we should ALSO come up with a plan for how to deal with Mother.

Who's got an idea?

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#362 Post by Atlictoatl »

Burning oil seems effective. I'm happy to tank.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#363 Post by MonsterMash »

We'd have to either send the kid out or take him with us. I'd say take him with us.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#364 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Yes, the purifying power of flame!

phil285
Tracker
Tracker

#365 Post by phil285 »

Still sick, sorry. Catching up is going to be horrid. :-(

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#366 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Feel better, Phil. I'm finally at the tail end of a brutal cold. Been miserable sick for two weeks, so I can sympathize.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by thirdkingdom »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:Feel better, Phil. I'm finally at the tail end of a brutal cold. Been miserable sick for two weeks, so I can sympathize.
I -- at least so far -- have escaped relatively unscathed, but everyone I know who has come down with this virulent strain has felt shitty for multiple weeks. Feel better, dude.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#368 Post by Wyzard »

I got sick for a day, sort of, but I ate a bunch of raw garlic cloves, washed it down with whiskey, slept for sixteen hours, and was fine.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#370 Post by Atlictoatl »

If we throw oil in Round 2, we're counting on it igniting from the current flaming stuff, since we don't have light sources. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#372 Post by Wyzard »

For the record, Severi is also directing Bruno to get some kind of light source going on. Pick up whatever Nigel had and get it lit, whatever.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#373 Post by Atlictoatl »

thirdkingdom wrote:It is *an* expectation. I'm not saying if it is reasonable or not.
:)

TK did you see my question in the spoiler text in my IC post?

TK, were Tev to hold his action until all the oil was thrown, can he close with Mother to attack in melee without himself getting burned by the flaming oil on her? Are there flaming puddles on the ground that would make it difficult for him to close?

If that's doable, that's what he'll do, and he'll attack with his sword.
If it's clear that trying that would just get him badly burned, he'll retrieve oil from the dead kid, get it lit, and throw it.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by thirdkingdom »

Atlictoatl wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:It is *an* expectation. I'm not saying if it is reasonable or not.
:)

TK did you see my question in the spoiler text in my IC post?

TK, were Tev to hold his action until all the oil was thrown, can he close with Mother to attack in melee without himself getting burned by the flaming oil on her? Are there flaming puddles on the ground that would make it difficult for him to close?

If that's doable, that's what he'll do, and he'll attack with his sword.
If it's clear that trying that would just get him badly burned, he'll retrieve oil from the dead kid, get it lit, and throw it.
Yeah, sorry. I typed out a response IC last night only to discover this morning I never sent it. As per the rules in ACKS, a flask of oil forms a puddle 5' in diameter. I don't really want to go to the trouble of mapping out where the flasks that missed* landed, so I'm just going to say that as of the beginning of Round Two y'all can close in melee without worrying about the oil; whether that on The Mother or on the ground. If more oil is thrown, however, it is going to start getting dangerous to close to melee.

*Three of the eight flasks landed on The Mother and ignited, three hit her and bounced off, igniting on the ground and two missed entirely, although they did do some splash damage.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#375 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

Ok, so Quint had 6 flasks and Tev had 4, for 10 total. If we threw 8, can we assume dead Nigel has the other two? I'll mark off all 6 of Quint's as used up.

Just an FYI guys - I'll be out of town on a jobsite all of next week and most likely not posting at all. And since i don't post much on weekends anyway, I don[t expect to post much more on my own behalf before that. You'll need to dummy Quint, if he isn't ingested by the Mother. Don't let the spells he has go to waste!

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#376 Post by Atlictoatl »

If there's only two oil flasks remaining, Tev is going to have to hold until spells are cast and oil gets thrown and then close and attack Mother with his sword. I don't like that the beast can drag random folks out of our ranks, and so want to get into its face.

That's assuming one can hold one's action a few beats.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by thirdkingdom »

Guys, I'm afraid I'm going to have to end it here. As far as I'm concerned, this can go in the "Completed Games" subforum, since I think we've reached a good stopping point. Al, you've been in this game the longest. You've been great. Everyone else, thanks for joining in and swelling the numbers when participation got low. It's been a blast, but I'm feeling like I've got to put Mystara on hold for a while, maybe come back in a year or two and pick things up where we left off.

Thanks, everyone!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#378 Post by Alethan »

Thanks for running a great game, TK. You have lots of great ideas and do a wonderful presentation of them.

I'll have the game moved into the Completed Games folder at some point in the next few days. If you ever want to start anything up that is a continuation of this world, I'd suggest having a new campaign folder made. If you want to copy any of the folders in this campaign (rules, etc) into that new campaign folder, I can help you do that.

Cheers,

Al
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#379 Post by MonsterMash »

Thanks for running the game TK. I've probably got enough other pbp running now to fill my time but I'll probably be interested if you start it off again.

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#380 Post by Atlictoatl »

Thanks for a fun time, everyone. And many thanks to TK for inviting me to join!

Man, those ur-orcs. Well done!

Return to “In Search of Adventure”