The Green Storm (Villian Arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Green Storm (Villian Arc)

#101 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Hot Streak rolls his eyes "Greetings Symboisis. I see your new batch of creations have arrived. We've taken some actions to set some wheels of chaos into motion. But I suspect you already knew this. Enjoy the show?"

Vorpal uses Hot Streak as a sort of crutch while he gets his bearings and is not at all happy to see or hear Symboisis's voice and face again.

Just when I was starting to like LG he decides he wants to kill both of me. :roll:
Symbiosis barks a laugh and says through the gauntlet screen, "Yes, I've seen your handiwork, though I must say, I was surprised to see Vorpal amass the numbers he did in such short time, didn't think he had it in him." Symbiosis gives a cold smile, or what you think is a cold smile under his iron chin plate. The look on his face clearly says that he did not expect to find both Hot Streak and Vorpal still out of prison. "My sources have been telling me that you met a couple of new faces, allies was it? I wonder... That Cowboy could prove to be a problem. He is too smart, too resourceful to be controlled easily, and that maniac you recruited. Really?" Symbiosis ends it at that, his question about LG summing up what he thinks of everything.

"My plans have been set in motion, thanks to all of your efforts in keeping the ASF and heroes busy. Now if you don't mind, stay out of the way. My soldiers have been told not to shoot you, your welcome; but if you show hostility or get in the way of what they are doing, they've also been ordered to shoot you in such a contingency. You understand of course that it is nothing personal. I will have the whole planet bathed in green soon enough. Try to stay alive long enough to see it."

His face remains on the screen as he tends to a computer nearby. "If you will all just give me a minute, I have to refactor certain parts of my plan to take into consideration your state of... not being in prison. You will have your orders soon enough."

(I purposely made Sym sound like a megalomaniac jerk. Have fun :twisted: )

P.S.
Yes, I still remember that Sym was made to be one of your henchmen. But... things happened. I will make it up to you later on, promise. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak rolls his eye and walks away. "Come Vorpal lets go find us a new hideout. LG feel free to do as you wish. Not that you'd care if I told you not to do it anyways."

Vorpal limps along side Hot Streak.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Rukellian »

atpollard wrote:
Since it is a new day, Cowboy will make another attempt to locate a new base camp for his violent super 'friends' ... Nothing spectacular, but it will do for now.

The subject property is an 11,664-square foot industrial warehouse on 17,424 square feet of land.
The subject property is located in the Industrial Sector with 250 feet of street frontage.
The property is divisible into two legal units that are connected by a hallway.
The first unit offers 2000 SF of renovated office space as well as 2864 SF of warehouse space;
the second unit contains 6,800 SF of open warehouse space.
$9900 per month rents both units ... Cowboy sets up an adequate cover account to fund the rental (nothing that will stand up to close inspection by the police, but good enough until we are ready to make a move and go on the offensive) and pays for three months rent on a 1 year lease.
Cowboy texts the address to Hot Streak, Vorpal and Laughing Genocide.
Before Atpollard pulled out, he left you all with quite a few gifts. A new base that is already paid for and some enhanced weapons that are being shipped to Vorpal's men.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Cool, hopefully Genocide learns about it since he kind of left a while ago and is on his way to the power plant... So he wouldn't have heard Hot Streak talking ;)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well then that is where Vorpal and HS are headed. LG will likely cross paths with us sometime or another.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rukellian »

Vorpal and Hot Streak make their way towards the location that Cowboy secured for them, before his mysterious vanishing act. The location happens to be situated near a large junkyard that stretches for miles, most likely the city's main trash dump for all things unwanted. It's a short walk away from the building, but you cannot help but think that it looms over you as you look at it casually, like some mountain.

As the two villians make their way to their new HQ, they find Vorpal's crew waiting for them there, some unloading the contents of the truck from the earlier heist.

Eventually, Hot Streak and Vorpal's side of the story will branch off into a new chapter for this campaign. When that happens, the characters would have been converted Gurps style and will be carried on in a different thread. For now, we will keep things here in Rebirth of Power until I am ready to make that transition.

-----

Laughing Genocide, his curiosity having gotten the better of him, follows the mutant army's movements and finds himself near the collosal Rook Industries power plant. The skies are a dark green at this point and casts a sickly glow upon the environment before him. Sounds of chaos can be heard closeby as the mutant army attacks the plant's automated defenses. Sirens go off, flood lights start sweeping the ground, turrets spew rains of bullets upon the freakish creatures, robotic security drones use laser rifles, and the sounds of humans can also be heard, rallying to the defense of the plant's main gates. The mutant army appears to be trying to break into the plant for some reason, but the resistance is tough and just barely on par with the mutant soldiers.

LG watches this all from the safety of an abandoned building nearby, having taken a liking to high places.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by MonkeyWrench »

How close is the power plants walls/gates to other buildings? Is Genocide able to sneak over while the attention is on the army?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:How close is the power plants walls/gates to other buildings? Is Genocide able to sneak over while the attention is on the army?
I'm not good with exact distance estimations, but to put in different terms, the distance between the power plant's wall and the other buildings is about one football field. Sneaking over may be risky, but not impossible. The turrets seem to be busy on the mutant army, but you don't know if they have other ways of seeing their targets. Your chameleon cloak and super speed combo may pull it off, but it may set some sort of alarm as well. The chance for such things will always be there.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Well, Genocide was never one to let a challenge pass him by.

Genocide will head into the building, going towards the ground level, and staying hidden. Once he gets to an exit he will attempt to cloak...

Chameleon 20: [1d100] = 12

Chameleon 20: [1d100] = 26

Chameleon 20: [1d100] = 4

Genocide will stay hidden to figure out why his cloaking is not working... when he does get it to work he will use it in conjunction with his super speed and attempt to sneak into the rooke industries building while they are focused on the fighting.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak and Vorpal arrive at their new digs, taking the time to rest and potentially fix up their injuries. Vorpal's men welcome him and seem glad to see him in one piece. They wave their phones up and shake them with goofy grins, showing that they got Cowboy's message about the new base.

What do you two plan on doing next?

-----

None of the warring parties have spotted LG yet, the fighting taking no turns for the better or worse for any one side. You may attempt to perform your chameleon again. When you are ready to try to sneak in, let me know how you plan on doing so and I will provide environmental details as you approach them.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide focuses himself, his mind must be wandering from all of the fun around him, his giggles flares out uncontrollably for a moment. He attempts to conceal himself again and...

Chameleon 20: [1d100] = 84

His body quickly melds into the surroundings, a wicked smile crossing his now barely visible face. He makes his way out, staying low and using his super speed to make his way through the battle, keeping to the outskirts for now.

he makes his way towards the gates, getting a better look at what is going on before making his way inside.

How is the gate set up? is there any openings?

GreyWolfVT

#112 Post by GreyWolfVT »

For now HS and Vorpal need to rest and heal seeing as both are in no real shape to go off looking to cause more trouble at the moment HS needs to recharge his pack and heal so that he can super speed run again Vorpal well he just had a building on him so lots of resting.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Genocide focuses himself, his mind must be wandering from all of the fun around him, his giggles flares out uncontrollably for a moment. He attempts to conceal himself again and...

Chameleon 20: [1d100] = 84

His body quickly melds into the surroundings, a wicked smile crossing his now barely visible face. He makes his way out, staying low and using his super speed to make his way through the battle, keeping to the outskirts for now.

he makes his way towards the gates, getting a better look at what is going on before making his way inside.

How is the gate set up? is there any openings?
LG's superspeed and chameleon combo gets him pretty close to the wall's main gate; the defense of the gate is heavy though. It is currently raised and has two watchtowers on each side, both manned with gunners. Their are entrenchments in front of the closed gate and are full of robotic security drones, holding the front line against the charging melee mutant soldiers. From where you stand, you can see at least one turret platform firing from above your location. You appear to be under its blind spot.

As you look around the front gate area, you see ladders on the top of the walls that can be slid down (vertically collapsible). There is also a metal grate near the base of the wall, but it appears to be fastened to the ground pretty tightly.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Genocide will attempt to use his super speed to gather velocity and then jump for one of the ladders, attempting to slide it down for him and any mutants that see it to climb up.

If successful he will not climb up immediately but watch for a moment to see if anyone notices the ladder being dropped.

any rolls required to do so?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Genocide will attempt to use his super speed to gather velocity and then jump for one of the ladders, attempting to slide it down for him and any mutants that see it to climb up.

If successful he will not climb up immediately but watch for a moment to see if anyone notices the ladder being dropped.

any rolls required to do so?
A minor success in coordination or higher will do the trick.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Coordination(50): [1d100] = 96
I got a bit better than minor :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Coordination(50): [1d100] = 96
I got a bit better than minor :D
Such a high success calls for a bonus ;)

With gleeful leap, LG latches onto the end of the ladder and pulls it down in one fell swoop. The combination of the loud sparks from rusted steel, the sound of metal grinding against metal, and LG's laugh that escapes at the moment, alerts all nearby forces to what is going on, ALL nearby forces. What results afterwards can only be described as a glorious scene of chaos. The Rook Industry guards and security drones all turn their heads towards the source of the sudden noise. They freak. Many start to bark orders to get the ladder raised immediately. The mutant army takes full advantage of this and acts immediately. Those with rifles are given orders to shoot down the RI guards on top of the wall. They do so with deadly precision, all in synch with one another. Meanwhile, orders are barked to all of the mutant foot soldiers. They all storm the walls, funneling towards the ladder that was pulled down.

The Rook Industries try to repel the surge of mutant soldier zombies, but...
simpsons_wwz1.gif
simpsons_wwz1.gif (1.7 MiB) Viewed 630 times
This happens...
zombie wall.gif
zombie wall.gif (915.4 KiB) Viewed 630 times

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Awesome hahahah!

Genocide remains back, admiring such amazing fun. He giggles uncontrollably at the sight of his handiwork for a few moments as he surveys the scene.

With everyone converging on the wall hows the main gate looking?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Awesome hahahah!

Genocide remains back, admiring such amazing fun. He giggles uncontrollably at the sight of his handiwork for a few moments as he surveys the scene.

With everyone converging on the wall hows the main gate looking?
The main gate appears to be swamped at the moment, not being spared by the sudden rush/pile up. The mutant army has the advantage at the moment, pushing back the defenses. You can also feel a slight breeze caress your face, it feels nice. ;)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Swamped? I was hoping for a shortcut inside... Hows that grate looking? Swarmed with mutant feet?

Also, you said there were multiple ladders on those walls right?

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”