Pre-Game Discussion. Laying the Foundations.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Pre-Game Discussion. Laying the Foundations.

#81 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian wrote:
Q.Q Elf wrote:That will work. It might contradict some of the stuff we've laid out, but with some hand-wavium, it all can work together.

Use it. Use it to get your character moving into strange places.
May I ask which parts were hand-waved and contradictory to what has already been established? I tried to make it using the available information we've all put together, but I may have overlooked something and may want to edit it to better reflect what has happened in this campaign world.
All the spoiler tag stuff that others have run down about Vanessa and Mister Finney :)

No worries though. It's mostly a matter of time and timing. All the key players are there.

Make sure you get from this state, the pain of it, and into the blaming game.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:
Rukellian wrote:
Q.Q Elf wrote:That will work. It might contradict some of the stuff we've laid out, but with some hand-wavium, it all can work together.

Use it. Use it to get your character moving into strange places.
May I ask which parts were hand-waved and contradictory to what has already been established? I tried to make it using the available information we've all put together, but I may have overlooked something and may want to edit it to better reflect what has happened in this campaign world.
All the spoiler tag stuff that others have run down about Vanessa and Mister Finney :)

No worries though. It's mostly a matter of time and timing. All the key players are there.

Make sure you get from this state, the pain of it, and into the blaming game.
Ah, that would explain it. I haven't been reading the spoilers that were meant for other players. Should I be? I figured it would be best to just work with what only Clarence knows and has been told.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rukellian »

I guess what I'm getting at is I don't want to dismiss any information that the other players have brought to the table already. If some of my information about Mr. Finney and Vanessa is going against what others have already established, then I would like to edit my story to reflect that. If you insist that it is not a big deal, then I will leave it at this, but know that when you write up the general information for the npcs, the information will need to make sense for everyone, not just for one character in-game. Rumors don't have to be based on facts and truths, they could be twisted truths or out right lies at that. This may help explain certain story inconsistencies amongst npcs and pcs, I don't know... I just thought I would throw it up there to think about.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Q.Q Elf »

The story doesn't have to be static. A certain amount is supposed to emerge through play.

What we are trying to paint is a framework for your Ghost's troubled existence, and not to play the game in advance. We are trying to avoid a static future by defining the past in a way that defines an end.

I'm ready to dismiss almost anything as wrong or untrue. Misdirection is part of what I'm supposed to make happen.

This is inherently going to be a challenge for the Ghost since we have sucked in certain NPCs to the center of where play has gone (unpredictable complication for myself and for you). You need an anchor point in time to play off of.

Clarence's story has elements of truth, as have the others. We'll wing it and see what happens next. That's my juggling act :mrgreen:

Don't worry about the other stories, but understand that yours may change to make it all fit. I've had to scrap a lot of ideas so far as MC. What you see are the survivors of the culling. And there are ideas that still lay out there, pregnant and waiting to give birth to a monster.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#85 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Was I not supposed to be reading those "spoilers"?

Wow. I don't know how that would even work. Other players' posts would make no sense—or was I not supposed to be reading those either?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I always read the spoilers. I find it fun to see what the other players go through.

The trick is to not meta game with that knowledge, your character should only know what they have found out or been told. Not what sally was told when she was all by herself.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by Q.Q Elf »

To be honest, I don't care if you read spoilers or not.

I put it in the tags just to signify what your characters might not know. I may not be consistent in doing so, but since we have the tag, I try to use it... even if the jscript can crash my phone browser.

Edit: The other plus is that if someone isn't here, they don't have to feel like they need to read what's going on with the spoiler tag stuff.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Rukellian »

for Rukellian, Kate's younger sibling is a Sophomore at Acrewood. Give him or her a name, and tell us why the relationship with Kate is so terrible.
Ever since Kate's accomplishment over at Summer Camp got the attention of their parents, Celeste has felt cast aside, forgetten and not as important. She hates Kate's guts now for stealing the limelight all of the time and is always trying to one-up her in everything that is non-monster hunting. Celeste has joined many groups in school as a result, including Mrs. Meecher's club (not sure what you had in mind for that or if you were leaving the selection up to us), the fencing team, the school's student government body and surprisingly enough, Mr. Finney's extra fine art program, all in the name of gaining attention, or so everyone thinks.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Q.Q Elf »

For Mrs. Meecher's Friday club... let's call it the Book Club, for lack of a better idea at this point.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”