Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

#181 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Do I hear Hard Moves ahead? I think I do!

:lol:
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#182 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Shouldn't we be in Scene 6 now? What more of a scene break do we need?

If so, Summer advances with that Volatile roll. I'll take "Short Rest for the Wicked" from the Ghoul skinbook. Summer does not know that she can't die for long. I invite you all to let her find out by having someone murderize her most extravagantly.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#183 Post by Q.Q Elf »

That's fine. We can call it a new scene.

How many advancements are you at? Is it time to look at the end of the season?

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#184 Post by Metal Fatigue »

This is my third advancement. (It's all on my sheet's Advancements tab.)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by MonkeyWrench »

The run away move? I thought it had to succeed in order for the XP to count?

Edit: Also, I didn't even realize our docs had other tabs :lol:
I was looking them all over and saw that the Hollow's second move was to add Volatile? I thought the skin had add another hollow move as the second advancement?

Sorry if I seem like I'm knit picking on it all, I just want to make sure I get everything. I don't really want to miss out on something I can do with my character...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by MonkeyWrench »

alright so... I found that reference sheet made by the author, turns out it's just when you roll the stat.

So that begs the question, when was the scene change? Was it when Seth went to hell? Because if so then he also advances, his second time...
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#187 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Advancements don't need to be taken in the listed order.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#188 Post by Mister-Kent »

Metal was right in the thread--that really sounded like a Shut Down move, I just didn't remember what that was :oops:. Can I add a retroactive roll in? It'll be 2d6-1 for Cold, right?

Err, nvm
Failed miserably 2d6-1=6
But the rest of the scene sort of bears that out, doesn't it :D

Should I wait for Scene 6 to continue?
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#189 Post by Metal Fatigue »

I think the Emissary did what she was going to do anyway, Shut Down or not. (Shut Down does not stop someone from doing something nasty, it just affects social standing [Conditions] and emotional leverage [Strings].) You should wait for the MC to throw a Hard Move at you.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#190 Post by MonkeyWrench »

MonkeyWrench wrote:As they walk down the tunnel, Seth decides to try and break the awkward silence that has formed during their initial meeting, "So... Long time no see. You come to hell often?"
By the way, just in case you missed it, this was for you Mister-Kent

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#191 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Alright. So, since this is technically going to be a new scene I'm gonna count the hot roll I made as a manipulate for Frederick and ignore the two rolls I made for Kate arrival, bringing me one cold move away from advancing.

If anyone has another say then let me know, till then I will have my sheet updated accordingly.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Rukellian »

I literally had to prepare myself mentally for that last post with the altar and the choice. Two hours of mental preparation to be exact. The post did not come easily, I will say that much.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Yeah, that was definitely a hard decision for your character.

Also, I'm still bummed out on that roll... I didn't want Kate to find out Seth is a werewolf yet, or ever... But that choice really did fit the bill with a horde of assumed zombies coming at us...

Gah!!

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#194 Post by Q.Q Elf »

I haven't read the IC thread, but it was time for me to push Clark, even if I didn't know what Summer had planned to do. Enough little evils. Time to make Clark's new buddies into terrors. It's what the rulebook demands out of the MC.

And ditto for Seth. I was just waiting for a chance to force him into Darkest Self (ideally with both Kate and Victoria present). Everything must come at a cost. You can't feel safe and welcomed for too long.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Well... Kudos to you Q.Q, you certainly forced him and the dice were even on your side.

So how do you want to do the whole werewolf vs zombie horde thing? shall I make a bunch of volatile rolls or shall the narrative handle the mess?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Since Vanessa was Seth's spirit connection, did he feel her die?

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#197 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Rukellian wrote:I literally had to prepare myself mentally for that last post with the altar and the choice. Two hours of mental preparation to be exact. The post did not come easily, I will say that much.
That was rough, yeah.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#198 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Regarding the pile of dead and demonic, I think I'll try to borrow concepts from Apocalypse World and gang fights. So it's going to be one fight, not dozens. A Darkest Self Werewolf is easily a gang on its own, like the AW Gunlugger's NOT TO BE F..KED WITH move.

Yes, Seth felt the connection end in death. It was an unnatural end to the connection.

Okay, I'll get the next IC stuff up now that I've had some time to process and also do some actual work.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Metal Fatigue wrote:"Let me tell you what I want.

"I'm sick of Lucinda pushing me around. I'm sick of hearing that laugh of hers. I'm sick of this emptiness inside, of having nothing to define myself but how others see me, of feeling afraid and nauseated all the time.

"I want a soul. I want Lucinda's soul. I want her to feel the emptiness, and I want to be full. Just for a while. Just a little while. I want to know what humans feel like, and I want her to know what she did when she made me.

"What am I offering?

"You get me two weeks' lease on Lucinda's soul, and then I read the book for you, on Halloween. No more arguments. No more of me trying to protect her from herself, scrounging for allies, wrapping her in baby bunting against the harsh cruel world. I'll get the job done, and she'll be left behind, empty.

"What do you think of that?"

Manipulate an NPC, burning "heartless" for +1: 2d6+3=10
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#200 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Told you Summer snapped.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”