Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

#1 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Please keep all in-character discussions within the appropriate thread.

This thread is strictly for OOC discussion, and a way for us to say, "Time Out" as necessary.

Thank you.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

#2 Post by Rukellian »

Just as a heads up, I work night shift monday night through friday night into saturday morning, so... depending on when you guys get started with this, I may not be able to respond until the next morning. That or I may wake up early enough to fit in a post or two before getting ready for work. I will try to post regularly, but know that I am also juggling two campaigns of my own as well. If this proves to be problematic down the road, me not posting regularly enough, well... let's just hope that doesn't happen.

I'm really getting into this game, even though we haven't started yet, so I don't think my interest or attention will wane anytime soon. ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Q.Q Elf »

It's cool. Post when u can. (oh shit, my browser is auto correcting me like a teenager lol).

My work may lead to different patterns of responses, but I will do my best to work with you all.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

Will be off the computer generally around 12:00 pm EST to 8-9pm. And then from 10pm -7am. This means that any responses from me will come in the morning and sometimes in the evening before I go to work. I have a lot more free time on my weekends.

Just thought I would throw up these times for reference. I've noticed that you guys have been very productive with this campaign while I am at work. That's fine. I just hope you guys don't mind having to wait for my response, if needed, each day until after I get off of work ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Rukellian wrote:Will be off the computer generally around 12:00 pm EST to 8-9pm. And then from 10pm -7am. This means that any responses from me will come in the morning and sometimes in the evening before I go to work. I have a lot more free time on my weekends.

Just thought I would throw up these times for reference. I've noticed that you guys have been very productive with this campaign while I am at work. That's fine. I just hope you guys don't mind having to wait for my response, if needed, each day until after I get off of work ;)
I feel the same way Ruke, these jokers are crazy productive lol.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by Q.Q Elf »

I wanted to get the shit started :)

I just put up the first IC post. We still have some open questions in the other thread. Hopefully the stuff in the IC post is not too damn cheesy. I've actually been in classrooms similar to that one, back in the day. New teacher, fresh meat.

I will try to throttle back for the IC stuff, though. Not so rapid fire. If we can get a post per day out of everyone, that's good. I'm not promising more than that, and the weekends are safe. I'm not expecting a ton over the weekends.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#7 Post by Metal Fatigue »

I will post ten times a day if I'm permitted. MC, feel free to tell me to slow the heck down.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:I will post ten times a day if I'm permitted. MC, feel free to tell me to slow the heck down.
Ha! :lol:

If we need to, we can set up a parallel game. AW seems very easy to run.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Btw, not at my computer, on my phone. Started reading Twilight today to see how she wrote this stuff.

I'll be off and on for the rest of the day.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Ah, shit, I hope I'm not posting too much now.

It is the weekend, though, so I hope to give everyone time and space to do their stuff.

I will not post IC stuff until everyone has at least gotten a chance to read & react. If you slow down, I'll slow down.

Of course, if someone takes a REALLY long time getting their IC stuff up, then we'll move on. However, I don't intend to bulldoze any one player just to get more of my IC stuff on the board.

It really is about your stories. I'm just trying to call out what I think will set you off.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#11 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Summer dashes down the empty hallway, running headlong into the large, spongy form of Mr. Finney. His arms instinctively wrap around Summer, enfolding her in a fleshy embrace that is more than a little uncomfortable. (He does not have his own "Homeroom" class, and 1st period is always his free time.) He somehow happens to be wandering around near the girl's bathroom, the door just now swinging closed, with nobody else in the hallway.

With a careless toss of his head, he flips some of his stringy long brown hair out of his face. He doesn't let go of Summer, still holding on to her like a spider around a trapped fly.

"Oh... yess. Miss Bartlett. You are going to the bathroom, yes? Oh, yes. Please do."

Mr. Finney licks his ample lips suggestively, staring down at Summer at a point somewhere below her face.
gaaaAAAAAH I AM QUIVERING WITH ABJECT DISGUST AND LOATHING AND I HATE YOU

In other words, good job with the hard move!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rukellian »

Metal Fatigue wrote:
Rukellian wrote:I'd love to take your advice on this, but slight problem. I built the macro to have the string involved. If I were to take it out at the last minute, not liking my result, it would mean rerolling under a new macro without the string. Unless Q.Q Elf wants to show a bit of mercy? :lol: fat chance. He has all of these hard moves to dish out now and must be loving it. :roll:
Use a different dice-roller then, he said heartlessly. The MC likes Invisible Castle. Alternatively, just type the +3 and the new result after the macro output in the message. If you're spending it after the fact we don't need to be able to look it up.
*sigh* As much as I would love to do this, the honest person inside me just cannot bare the thought of rerolling. The mistake was my own and I have to be the better person and deal with the consequences. Now, if the MC were to flat out say, 'dont use the unseen servant roller' then I would be happy to oblige and try to learn how to use the Invisible Castle, but only if.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#13 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Um. Don't reroll. Take the 3 and don't waste the String. I meant to use a different dice roller in the future.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Honestly, it doesn't matter so much to me...

BUT, I had a great idea for a Hard Move, so I say, "NO WAY" :lol:

Try to figure a good way out of this one!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Honestly, it doesn't matter so much to me...

BUT, I had a great idea for a Hard Move, so I say, "NO WAY" :lol:

Try to figure a good way out of this one!
You just HAD to end it that way, didn't you? Ugh, what to do... :lol:

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Okay. I swear I'm not posting any more IC stuff until MonkeyWrench gets back.

Damn, I almost want to run it with fewer restrictions, but it's already weird enough as it is.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rukellian »

Just let me know when the radiation has cleared from that nuclear fallout ;) I'm willing to step in again with a gas mask, but I understand the importance of the others catching up to a point as well.

I guess you could say I was making up for lost time while at work all week.

-----

When Q.Q Elf mentioned that one time about representing our characters with music videos.... I sort of took the liberty of finding some appropriate ones for this campaign. It's a list I've been compiling that runs through my head when I think of certain pcs and npcs. The music styles won't be for everyone, but if you find a song you like that fits your character, awesome!

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#18 Post by Metal Fatigue »

FYI, from Thursday the 6th until Sunday the 9th, I will be at a convention and have no time to read or post.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:FYI, from Thursday the 6th until Sunday the 9th, I will be at a convention and have no time to read or post.
Okay, cool.

Let's contrive to split Summer off (in a mostly non-threatening manner), and have her automagically rejoin the whatever in progress at the back end of it.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian wrote: When Q.Q Elf mentioned that one time about representing our characters with music videos.... I sort of took the liberty of finding some appropriate ones for this campaign. It's a list I've been compiling that runs through my head when I think of certain pcs and npcs. The music styles won't be for everyone, but if you find a song you like that fits your character, awesome!
A lot of this is because so much of this is supposed to run from reactions & instincts. I get impressions of where you are at as players/characters, and I reflect them back to see what happens.

Plus, while the book tells me to "keep it feral", you should also get towards the gut-level stuff, IMO. The question for you is, "How would I f*ck this up if I were a teenager?" Cry, panic, lash out, shut down. I think music helps us get to those places.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”