Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of Character Discussion - a Safety Zone!

#141 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Id give out IM... except I don't IM...

Texting is about as far as I go for that.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#142 Post by Q.Q Elf »

I'm not a big IM person anymore.

Plus, I have to save up the juice for the MC flow. :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Rukellian »

What is IM?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#144 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Instant Messaging.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Rukellian »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Instant Messaging.
Nope, don't have that either. Sorry Metal Fatigue. I actually don't have access to a lot of things now that I think about it :?
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Rukellian »

Hey guys, I'm just going to throw this out there now while I am still comfortable bringing it up. My posting has been a bit erratic when compared to everyone else. Sleeping schedules and work are in play here, but I can't keep on using that as an excuse. The length of my posts and the amount of 'moving forward content' has varied as well. I'm having a hard time gauging my posts in a way so that people can respond to it and keep the story moving, but also let my character remain involved while I am away from the computer. I seem to either go overboard or do not provide enough.

If I cannot seem to resolve this issue of mine in the near future, I don't mind the idea of having Q.Q Elf find someone else to play my character or just replace him with one of his/her own. I'm really enjoying this game and would like to continue, but I am also aware of the limitations on my end right now, and I don't want them to negatively affect anyone else's gameplay experience.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#147 Post by Metal Fatigue »

I would be sorry to see you go, Rukellian. I agree, this game has turned out to be hella fast-moving, and that's hard for you, and other issues have come up, but I am totally burning to see how the Clark vs. Summer confrontation continues…

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by Q.Q Elf »

We can always set up another game if the posting frequency doesn't work out 100%. I can't promise I'll always be ready with follow-up right away either.

No worries. Just keep at it, and we'll see how it works or doesn't.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'd hate to see you go too Ruke... So, don't! :lol: ;)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue, did you mean to post this?

(I just copied & pasted from my browser)
Julie's going to hang out with Lucinda at the pioneer graveyard while Lucinda does some business; after that, they'll go to the lakehouse and take a little somethin'-somethin', which was what Julie refused to do before that alienated her from Lucinda. This is all a complete surprise to Summer, since Julie told Lucinda she'd reconsidered only after Summer had already fled the bus.

Recall that Julie's snub was the original reason Lucinda wished Summer into existence. Things are not looking good for Summer. (Did I fail a roll and not notice? ;D )

Coming out to look for Lucinda, Summer sees her and Julie thick as thieves again, and freezes. What's going on? How could this happen? In Summer's experience, surprises are never good. The empty space inside her suddenly threatens to swallow her completely.

Fighting back the tide of nausea, Summer takes up a position on the other side of Lucinda from Julie and throws her own arm around Lucinda's shoulders. "Hey, glad to see you two are talking again," she lies smoothly. "Lucinda was so upset. Are we still going to hang out tonight, sweetie? You wouldn't want me to get jealous…"

Manipulating Lucinda into including Summer in whatever's going on: 2d6+2=13. The threat should be obvious.
I don't know if my posting interfered with yours, and I didn't want the internet to eat your post if you didn't intend to delete it or change it.

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#151 Post by Metal Fatigue »

As you may note, I rewrote the post and put it back up to correct my mis-remembering of the situation between Lucinda, Julie and Victoria. It's all good now.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Rukellian... did we set up the initial Strings for Clark Defray when you changed over?

Per the Skin sheet...
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings,
divided any way you like between the
dark power and the other characters.
You should give at least one to the Emissary due to your transformation.

I'd also note that you gave the Emissary 2 more strings in the last scene.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Rukellian »

Q.Q Elf wrote:Rukellian... did we set up the initial Strings for Clark Defray when you changed over?

Per the Skin sheet...
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings,
divided any way you like between the
dark power and the other characters.
You should give at least one to the Emissary due to your transformation.

I'd also note that you gave the Emissary 2 more strings in the last scene.
I think I took care of this.... Let's see, I originally gave one to Vanessa, considering that she indavertently recruited me, one to the Emissary for obvious reasons, and I believe I gave one to Seth, to go along with his orginal string on everyone. I'm keeping track of the Emissary string count on the soul debt tab of my character template.

Edit: Oh wait! I may have screwed up on one of them. Hmm, the werewolf doesn't have a string on me right now... so, who should I be giving the last one to? Victoria perhaps? She's been very wary of me lately, keeping tabs and what not. Perhaps she found something out and didn't say anything yet? But then that is not how an infernal string works, does it? I'm in debt to three people, not held by blackmail, or am I? :lol: So confused!

Second Edit: Okay, I'll just say that I am in debt towards Victoria, though she doesn't know this exactly. She drove me away from the class when Clarence was in his ghost form, preventing him from hurting Lucinda and inadvertently pushing him towards battling the werewolf. Clark is thankful for that, though he is afraid to bring it up, for obvious reasons. Does this work as a String on Clark?
Last edited by Rukellian on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#154 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Ok, cool!

3 Strings. Just a couple more & you're all set to do the Emissary's really dirty work :lol:

All the more reason to get the Sex Move working.

Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by Mister-Kent »

Ahh my first IC move! Beyond the point of no return now ;)
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#156 Post by Q.Q Elf »

You certainly jumped in feet first! Ending with a Move is a good thing.

Even if it didn't work out 100% in Kate's favor, and now she's got a bad connection to the Emissary of Satan, it'll affect the way the story unwinds. So there's that.

Plus, who seriously doesn't want connections with the Fallen Angel? :lol:

Metal Fatigue
Guide
Guide

#157 Post by Metal Fatigue »

Summer doesn't want one…yet.

I have plans. Horrible, horrible plans. You'll like them, MC.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by MonkeyWrench »

To make a beter cohesion with my post and Clarke and Kate, that whiff would have been after they exited the bathroom, so.... yeah... that whiff.

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#159 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Metal Fatigue wrote:Summer doesn't want one…yet.

I have plans. Horrible, horrible plans. You'll like them, MC.
Good! Or bad :lol:
Try not to get us banned. :lol:

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#160 Post by Q.Q Elf »

MonkeyWrench wrote:To make a beter cohesion with my post and Clarke and Kate, that whiff would have been after they exited the bathroom, so.... yeah... that whiff.
Should Clark do as he's been told, and he sits next to Vanessa after Marcus vacates the seat... then, yes, Seth will be able to smell something about Clark and Kate, like a canine's ability to sift out social order through scent. I'm keeping my description deliberately loose here, and not spelling out what Seth knows or doesn't know.

And don't forget you can get answers through Heightened Senses.

Return to “Monsterhearts: Against my better judgment”