Words from the War (G2 Prologue)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Words from the War (G2 Prologue)

#21 Post by Cwreando »

Lorath gladly offers the headband to the Wizard. " You were most kind in sharing the spells from the damaged spell book."

Lorath checks his spell book and notices that the spells were transferred as agreed up to his maximum. He takes the time to memorize spells to replace the continual light spells he used to make the headbands. He's as ready as he can get and if he forgot anything, well that just bad luck.
Last edited by Cwreando on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rommel politely asks Lorath "Would you be willing and able to make one of those light headbands for me good sir? I'd gladly take one myself." he smiles when done speaking.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys thanks the Lord Commander for his answers and his patience. "One more question occurs to me, then I believe I'm ready to get on with the fight. Will those chains takes us to the rift and bring us back, or is it a one-way trip?"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by Cwreando »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Rimmel politely asks Lorath "Would you be willing and able to make one of those light headbands for me good sir? I'd gladly take one myself." he smiles when done speaking.
"I am unable to do so today but I will prepare it so that I can do so tomorrow at our first opportunity to rest. It should be available before night fall", says Lorath.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rommel typo earlier.... nods "I appreciate that Lorath. Please do so when you feel up to it. I'd not wish you to rush it for my sake. I'll gladly take one when you are able to do so and up to the task."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Flambeau has his own light device so he isn't interested in another, although he does like the hands free idea.

He is a little confused as to why he is even here but tries not to show it. He knows that his Lord will guide and protect him and he is willing to do his bidding, no matter the personal cost to himself. One thing he will have to get used to is taking orders from complete strangers. He keeps his thoughts to himself and mentally prepares for the upcoming teleport.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Cwreando »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Rommel typo earlier.... nods "I appreciate that Lorath. Please do so when you feel up to it. I'd not wish you to rush it for my sake. I'll gladly take one when you are able to do so and up to the task."
"If perhaps we can trouble Vorsyin and see if he has the spell and would be so kind to cast it on this rock I can make it for you before we leave. I could then memorize other spells as well instead us using one to create the headband for you at the Rift", comments Lorath

GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rommel looks at Lorath smiles while Lorath speaks and then replies "Again no rush. I don't wish to cause any trouble. Whenever is fine by me."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Cwreando »

Lorath will ask the Maester if he can examine the 3 pearls he was gifted with the ring in case they might be magical or what their value might be before he leaves the tent.

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Magnus »

Zhym wrote:Gaerys thanks the Lord Commander for his answers and his patience. "One more question occurs to me, then I believe I'm ready to get on with the fight. Will those chains takes us to the rift and bring us back, or is it a one-way trip?"
Ah...excellent question, as always. It is a one-way trip, I am afraid...though the Maesters believe that there must be a counter-device of some kind within the Rift --- one that transports back to the area around the Steading.

The ring with three pearls, Lorath, is the magical ring you were given.

Let's just assume you guys figured out a way to get Rommel a headband...and I have always played that anything chain or heavier comes with a helm.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Computer +1 »

When Rommel starts asking Lorath for the headband Vorsyin inwardly groans. He hands the headband over to the knight figuring he could always create one of his own.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Zhym »

"Thank you again," says Gaerys. "If you will excuse me, Lord Commander, I must go stock up on rations. There's no telling when we'll next see a larder. The hunting cannot be very good that far north, and frost giants probably aren't tasty."

Gaerys will carry 3 weeks of rations, just in case.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by Cwreando »

Computer +1 wrote:When Rommel starts asking Lorath for the headband Vorsyin inwardly groans. He hands the headband over to the knight figuring he could always create one of his own.
"Here take these Leather strips, stone, and sewing kit to make your own. I just don't have the magic left today to make another one", says Lorath. "I can also make it if you cast the spell on the stone."
Lorath makes the headband for Vorsyiin if he cast the spell on the stone.

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rommel kindly declines Vorsyin "I thank you Vorsyin, but I can wait."

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Magnus »

And so it was that the heroes were briefed, made their final preparations, and slept well. For the next day would take them far from the comforts of camp and deeper into the maw of the beast.

Return to “Against the Giants (OSRIC)”