REWARDS!!! (Discussion)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

REWARDS!!! (Discussion)

#1 Post by Keehnelf »

This thread is intended to be used for discussion of Fate and Persona rewards upon the group's return to Town, since those tend to be collaborative and I don't intend to just pass down the rewards from on-high. Please note that I will make separate "action" threads for Town phases and for Winters, this is simply for OOC discussion of the various reward types and who we think earned what and why and where.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: REWARDS!!! (Discussion)

#2 Post by Keehnelf »

I'm adding rather than editing the first post so that it's noticed.

My preferred format would be, when possible, to link to individual posts when making nominations/recommendations for Rewards. Like when we see especially interesting Embodiment, Internal Conflict, etc. carried out in a single post or series of posts, please call specific attention to it so we don't have to go poring through pages of text to find something you're specifically mentioning.

Also, nominations can be made at any time, we'll just make the final determination on who gets what when the group returns to Town. I'll make a post in here "restarting" the process once a set of rewards has been given out.

Also also, my idea is that we can nominate multiple people for the same awards and then discuss at town-time which makes the most sense if it's an award that only one group member can earn, like MVP or Workhorse.

---

That said, here are a couple of nominations to start things off so I can be clear about what I mean.

Raizenbrayne, acting on his belief "I cannot be harmed". Man, this has been a defining aspect of the story thus far:

Climbing the rubble outside the keep without dungeoneering or other relevant skills, while suffering a Supernal Vision penalty-
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3048&start=60#p116859
Testing the Circle of Power-
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3048&start=260#p121778

Harlan, Embodying the spirit of his character in exciting ways-
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3253&start=100#p127203

That's a start!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Keehnelf »

This one's understated but interesting:

Agrom, for Playing Against a Belief (Persona):
viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3306&start=20#p129191

He potentially puts the mission and his friends at risk by entering into a conflict that might end badly for him because the kobold got his hackles up.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Keehnelf »

Let me remind everyone to chime in with their recommendations of Fate and Persona Awards based on the first adventure! Anyone can nominate anyone!

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Simon »

This is just a placeholder for my votes and links. I'll try and finish it before the weekend.

Harlan's Fate Points:
Acting on Your Belief - Diving after the amulet, risking life and limb and friend for the chance at some shine - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3253&start=340#p127203
Working Towards A Goal - I think my goal was general enough that a fair number of my tests could have qualified as "working towards," though none of them in any particular or specific way...
Benefiting From An Instinct - Sneaking up on the Birds - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3048&start=200#p119107
Playing Against A Belief - Abandoning a treasure hunt to chase after Raizenbrayne - viewtopic.php?f=142&t=3048&start=120#p121217

Group Awards:
MPV -
Teamworker - Agrom
Embodiment - Raizenbrayne

I heartily agree with Keehnelf's nominations so far. Especially Starbeard's Embodiment. I think Teamworker goes to Agrom, without question. He put a lot on the line to find Harlan and Raize, saved Harlans bacon in the fight with the snake, and was generally an excellent babysitter for the both of us! MVP I'm less sure
Last edited by Simon on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom's Belief - "The best adventurers have magic, so I want some"
Acting on my Belief - Agrom was always on the lookout for magic, and he found some when Ythric coughed up his armor.

Agrom's Goal - "I will get everyone back alive, even if it means leaving the orb behind"
Accomplishing my Goal - He got everyone back, despite their best efforts to be poisoned by a snake or eaten by a giant crocodile.

Agrom's Instinct - "Never drop my sword"
No benefits from his Instinct.

So I see one Fate Point and one Persona Point there. Let me know if anyone disagrees.

Harlan for Embodiment
Digging a little too deep into his Hidden Depths
Looking enthusiastically for loot!
Always after the loot!
Man, that's a tight-fisted halfling!

Raiz for Embodiment
Recklessly uncaring of his personal safety.
No, seriously, probably insane.
Sticking to his instinct always.

MVP
If I had to pick one point where the fate of the party hung in the balance and one PC pulled it out for us, it would probably be Harlan's Good Idea with the egg.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Starbeard »

Here are my contributions:

Fate
Acting on Your Belief: impetuously climbing the wall against solid odds, or messing with the power circle
Benefitting from an Instinct: casting supernal vision to examine unknown phenomena, which in part allowed the party to understand what was going on in the forest.

MVP
MVP: Harlan (for managing to buy us time to get away from the crocomonster, with treasure and without getting et)
Teamworker: Agrom
Embodiment: Harlan

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Keehnelf »

Rewards Given:Chapter I, Damring Fortress

Raizenbrayne:
1 Fate, Acting on a Belief
1 Fate, Working toward a Goal
1 Fate, Benefiting from an Instinct (learning about the magical phenomenon with investigation)

Harlan:
1 Fate, Working toward a Goal
1 Fate, Benefiting from an Instinct
1 Persona, Playing Against a Belief
1 Persona, MVP

Agrom:
1 Persona, Accomplishing a Goal
1 Persona, Teamworker
1 Persona, Playing Against a Belief

Contested:
Harlan vs. Raizenbrayne for 1 Persona, Embodiment - voting please!

I vote Raizenbrayne.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:Rewards Given:Chapter I, Damring Fortress

Contested:
Harlan vs. Raizenbrayne for 1 Persona, Embodiment - voting please!

I vote Raizenbrayne.
Embodiment can be awarded to more than one PC. It just can't be awarded to the entire party. So give one to both Raiz and Harlan!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Keehnelf »

Oh shoot, good catch! I can't believe I missed that :)

Motion carried.

Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Simon »

For the record, I would have voted for Raizenbrayne, because I am totally and completely without ego. ;)
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Starbeard »

Simon wrote:For the record, I would have voted for Raizenbrayne, because I am totally and completely without ego. ;)
And I would have too, because I am completely with it. :P

Return to “A Flickering Light (Torchbearer)”