#1 Post by Bloodaxe »

OOC Chat , discussion, questions

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC CHAT

#2 Post by Bloodaxe »

Hello.

My name is Chad, Im Blood Axe here, Starslayer on some other forums. Im 42 years old, in school & work, two kids and in the medical field. I play a variety of games. From PA. I like to read & game in what little spare time I have.

I am a newbie RotWorld player, so feel free to PM me with tips & advice if you are familiar with the system. But we can wing it- its about a fun game, not rules.
Ive ran this game before at Goblinoid Games before. It was fun. More "role" playing than "roll" playing. You can really do whatever you want- go almost anywhere, split from the group, whatever. I'll just create a separate thread if you split up. (no peeking!).

Welcome , I hope its fun.

Feel free to share as much, or as little as you like.

Thanks.

sieg
Strider
Strider

#3 Post by sieg »

Hello all,

I'm Mike, known to some as DM Mike from the Save or Die podcast. I always likes me some zombie goodness, and though I bought Rotworld from Goblinoid Games at the end of last year, I've only looked through it a couple of times. I've played All Flesh Must Be Eaten as well as Two Hour Wargames's All Things Zombie, but I usually end up playing far less than I'd like.

In my Secret Identity(TM), I'm a history professor at a junior college, married to a wonderful gamer DM Liz, and have no kids but 2 cats...and that's enough! I'm 25 years old, an age I've maintained for 20 years now. <G>

I prefer role playing to "roll" playing, and I'm especially looking forward to using my literary muscles in describing my character's activities...until he dies, of course! ;)

Mike "AKA Zombie Chow" Stewart
DM Mike, Save or Die Podcast
http://saveordie.info/

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ybn1197 »

Hey all -

My name is Jeff, known here and almost every board I am on as YbN1197 which is the abbreviation for the first PbP game I ran - York by Night, 1197 for Dark Ages Vampire. Like Sieg, I enjoy the zombie genre. I bought Rotworld about a year ago but have not had the opportunity to play it yet. I have run and played in All Flesh Must Be Eaten and a couple of d20 Apocalypse games with zombies as the theme.

When I'm not gaming, I am a 45 year old, married with 2 sons, IT administrator for Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore MD. I have been gaming for nearly 25 years and my first foray was the Holmes blue box version of D&D.

sieg
Strider
Strider

#5 Post by sieg »

Another Holmes veteran! W00t!

Mike

DocBennie
Runner
Runner

#6 Post by DocBennie »

Hello all,

I am a "closet" gamer...In "real life", I am a physician, and for the past 4 years, I have held the post of Medical Director for the American Red Cross...but my true love in life is...GAMING!!!

Sir Sieg (Mike) and I grew up gaming together...and we have know each other for WAY TOO LONG!!!

and ChanceTarget (Jared) is my brother...REALLY...not my fault!!!

Other boring stuff...45, married, with a 6 year old son...basically, family consumes ALL of my time!!! It is what it is!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to this...GAME ON!!!

Ben

sieg
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by sieg »

Yeah...Bennie, Chancetarget, and I go waaay back. What was it, 1981 or so when we were in Middle School at Washington School in MS? CT's a relative young'un, but I'll let him do his own describing. ;)

Mike, now excuse me while I go to tell the zombies to "Get off my lawn!"

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Bloodaxe »

It's good to have friends....you can shoot them in the leg when the zombies are chasing you. :D

DocBennie
Runner
Runner

#9 Post by DocBennie »

Yeah, it's called the "buddy" system... Always have a buddy close by... That you can use as bait, while you escape!

sieg
Strider
Strider

#10 Post by sieg »

Yup. So, Doc; "Where's your moistest meat?" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8t4BBMOWYc

Mike, with only 1 Zombie Plan...to be tasty!

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Bloodaxe »

sieg wrote:Another Holmes veteran! W00t!

Mike

Im a Moldvay guy, the 80's. I started when I was 9 or 10 years old with the boxed set. Basic Red book, dice with a crayon, and The Keep on the Borderlands.
I begged for the D&D set for Xmas. My Mom was totally against it. Too many shows of the 700 Club saying it taught witchcraft and Id be having orgies and summoning demons in no time flat.
I opened all my gifts and was disappointed- no D&D. Then my Dad pulls out another gift he had set aside. My Mom gave him an evil look. I opened it and was thrilled. My Mom was not. She insisted my Dad read it first, so I didn't get to look at it the first day.
The next day my Dad gave it to me and said its just like The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings. Mom wasn't convinced, but let it pass after my Dad talked to her. Ah....memories....

sieg
Strider
Strider

#12 Post by sieg »

Yeah, wasn't the 80s D&D paranoia great? Especially for those of us in Mississippi and East Texas. You'd think the Dark Dungeon tract was holy writ or something... BTW, I never got invited to ONE orgy! Not one demon either....

"We were totally lied to by our album covers!" - Ted, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey

Of course D&D is SO passé now...its all about Harry Potter corrupting our youth. :P

Anyway, back OT... I'm nagging my wife to get a pic online for my character. I should have something (fingers crossed) by the weekend!

Mike

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Bloodaxe »

No rush on the pic. Wasn't WGON from the original Dawn of the Dead? Or maybe im just imagining it. I think we should be able to get started within a week, two at the very most.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hello there!

I'm Rob..........and I'm an RPGer. :lol:

(This intro thing is cool. I've only done this in one other game and it's a really neat idea. It's fun learning about who everybody else is that plays on this site. Much better than going by a profile name.)

Actually, after reading about the rest of you, I think I might be a bit out of my league.....I started out like most others with B/E and moved on to 1E AD&D. I made it as far as 2E but then life had its way with me.

I was away from the gaming table for a LONG time and have only recently gotten back into it. Fortunately for me, my wife (no kids) of 10 years, who has NO prior gaming experience, is getting into my old hobby with me now as well.

We have recently started going to local cons in our area (central Wisconsin) and even started in a FtF C&C campaign with some friends we've met recently.

I personally have no XP's in any of the "zombie" systems but have played D&D from OD&D on up to 2E and even a little 5E. (sounds like I skipped the right editions?) Other Systems I am somewhat familiar with include COC, C&C, Chill, MHI, and a few others.

Again, I have never played Rot World or any games similar but I am hoping that, with help from pros like you, I will be able to follow along without to much embarrassment. Thanks for letting me in and I'm looking forward to role-ing with ya all!

sieg
Strider
Strider

#15 Post by sieg »

Bloodaxe, yup the calm...highly professional...WGON as portrayed in the first 10-odd minutes of 1978's Dawn of the Dead. ;)

Ogre Mage, no worries... If you've seen a zombie movie you should be fine. Unlike the movies though...just please tell us if you get bit! :lol:

Mike

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Marcel »

Hey fellas, started in 80'(also 45) with the Expert Box, made it to the mid/late-90's and broke until 2010(in time for the SOD cast/RFI to wake me up). 2 kids I tow to Origins and Gencon every year now and I've run RotWorld for them a couple times. CHILL was a fav or our group BiTd, so this was a no brainer.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Bloodaxe »

Marcel wrote:Hey fellas, started in 80'(also 45) with the Expert Box, made it to the mid/late-90's and broke until 2010(in time for the SOD cast/RFI to wake me up). 2 kids I tow to Origins and Gencon every year now and I've run RotWorld for them a couple times. CHILL was a fav or our group BiTd, so this was a no brainer.
Welcome! :D
Goblinoid Games now has CryptWorld. It is suppose to be like CHILL. But I never played it myself.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Marcel »

Bloodaxe wrote:
Marcel wrote:Hey fellas, started in 80'(also 45) with the Expert Box, made it to the mid/late-90's and broke until 2010(in time for the SOD cast/RFI to wake me up). 2 kids I tow to Origins and Gencon every year now and I've run RotWorld for them a couple times. CHILL was a fav or our group BiTd, so this was a no brainer.
Welcome! :D
Goblinoid Games now has CryptWorld. It is suppose to be like CHILL. But I never played it myself.
It is CHILL 1st edition without the title. So is RotWorld but with added Zombie Apocalypse rules. The mechanics/character gen/skills are all the same. Majus/StarAce/Time Master are all interchangeable. CHILL 2nd edition(Mayfair version doesn't use Action Table but still uses Specific/General Check system)is now on Kickstarter for a 3rd edition by GROWLING DOOR GAMES. Check it out.

sieg
Strider
Strider

#19 Post by sieg »

Hello Marcel; glad to hear that the podcast brought another wanderer back to the fold!

Mike, who never got to play Pacesetter stuff BITD but trying to make up for it now!

DocBennie
Runner
Runner

#20 Post by DocBennie »

sieg wrote:Yup. So, Doc; "Where's your moistest meat?" :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8t4BBMOWYc

Mike, with only 1 Zombie Plan...to be tasty!
Hah, yes, I remember the Red Vs. Blue Zombie scene...awesome stuff...

Character to be posted shortly...

and for you, sir sieg..."I've got your moistest meat RIGHT HERE!!!"

Return to “Rot World RPG”