Chp. 5: WTF?!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Chp. 5: WTF?!

#1 Post by Grognardsw »

At the tower three armored guards stop the party.

"What is your business?" they ask.

Boddin the hobbit voices fancy words again.

"Castellan is away on business," the guard says. "His advisor Metzner is in charge. The prisoners will be put in the dungeon and arraigned tomorrow at 1:00 in the court. Be there for testimony."
It is 11:30 am. You are laden with gold and loot. Accommodations, selling loot, Albertus, etc.?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chp. 5: WTF?!

#2 Post by Zhym »

Boddin's heart sinks when he hears that Castellan is away.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal

As the guard explains the situation with the prisoners....
Pssssst....Hey Boddin......maybe it's time to put your ring to some good use and follow these prisoners. If any of them are in cahoots ye could find out what this Mentzer is all about once and fer all. If your afraid and would rather go get a plate and a mug, loan me the ring and I'll do it.

Would it even be possible to go invisible and follow the prisoners to the dungeon?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by AleBelly »

"Following our prisoners would be a great idea, Fingal. I'll make too much noise, I'm afraid, with this clanky armor. Who wants to accompany me to see Brother Jerome about bringing our friend Albertus back? We'll probably need to take all of our gold to make this happen."

Wulfhart then reflects on the Castellan being gone. "Bad news indeed. Let's hope our push for justice doesn't come back to haunt us."

Out of earshot of the guards, he asks the party "By the way, who has the item from the princess we are to present to the Castellan to verify that we delivered her safely? We should hide that away somewhere to ensure Mentzner doesn't take it from us."

edited as I got Fingal's name wrong
Last edited by AleBelly on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Yes, I have those items," the Princess answers Fingal. She calls out to inside the wagon: "Ladies, we have arrived!"

Stepping out from the large wagon are two beautiful women. They each bear a scroll and hand it to Fingal.

"These scrolls contain my signature and mark," says the Princess. They are in wax-sealed scroll cases. "Give them to Castellan with my thanks."
Looks like Fingal has those for the time being. What should we do with them? I don't think he should hold onto them if he is going on an invisible stakeout.

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by SlyFox »

DesertFox, Tribal Fighter

As DesertFox is the newest member, he decides to stick to his friend's (Niles') side for the time being.
I'm assuming Niles will have filled him in on everything that's going on.
Life is that thing that gets in the way when you're trying to live.
DM - Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence
Xerea, Barbarian Amazon - A People Divided
Gilgalore, Elf F/Th/MU - The Haunted Mines of Gomor
DesertFox, Tribal Fighter - Keep on the Borderlands

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Zhym »

Boddin loans his ring to Fingal.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#8 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal the Thief

Fingal nods at Boddin and takes the ring. He gathers Wulfie, Niles, and the other big people around him while the guards are taking over the prisoner exchange. He hands the scrolls from the Princess over to Wulfhart. Keep them secret. Keep them safe!

He then looks over at Easia and gives her the winky face. Hoping that she catches his meaning for showing the guards another opertune "wardrobe malfunction".

As the guards attention is distracted and he is blocked by the bigs, Fingal will activate the ring and disappear. As the guards leave with the prisoners to the dungeon, Fingal will quietly follow and find an out of the way place to sit and watch.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I guess I should have posted this here.

Would it even be possible to go invisible and follow the prisoners to the dungeon?
Yes, the only give-away would be sound. I'd give a +10% with shoes off.
Fingal will move as quietly as possible. (boots off if necessary) He will use the noise that the guards and prisoners are making to mask the sound of his own movements. He will try to stay far enough behind the group heading into the dungeon that hopefully he won't be heard. If he has to get closer to slip through a doorway or something, he will trust that the guards are uninterested enough to ignore any odd sounds they might have heard. If he is undiscovered, he will find an out of the way place to hunker down and wait out the time in relative invisible comfort. (mini solo adventure?)

After being in the woods for so long, a 25 hour stint in the dungeon shouldn't be that bad? I trust that the rest of the party will get things taken care of with Albertus in Fingals absence?

jakegreenxxxx44
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by jakegreenxxxx44 »

thinking she caught a wink and knowing the guards need some sort of distraction she "accidentally" trip and rips her tunic some and reveals her ample war hammers. she hopes the guards are genuine and have a duty to help a damsle in distress as she looks for help among them.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#11 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn Shortbeard

He will stay with Wulfhart and company, as they walk thru the unimpressive "Keep"....elaborate stone with very little metal. Groyn really does not agree with the attempt to raise Albertus, the cleric, especially after getting a whif of him!!! His friends are thinking with their heart and not their heads!!!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by AleBelly »

Wulfhart tucks the scrolls inside the ample space under his codpiece.

"Good luck, Fingal. I'm sure you know to find us in the tavern" he whispers, then turns to the others.

"Desert Fox, welcome! You must be a long way from home…I know of no deserts in these parts. But, you look like you can fight, and we can always use more muscle. The Keep is a strange place, and you can't trust everyone. Follow our lead…or better yet, follow Boddin and Brother Bayard's leads. They have some good brains."

Now Wulfhart really heads off to look for help in bringing the ripe Albertus back to life.

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by SlyFox »

"Thank you, friend. I am indeed a long way from home. It's been worth it to find my own way, though I'd never speak against tribal life. Perhaps one day we can share the peace pipe and talk about tribe versus adventure. Along the way, I am proud to be a part of another adventuring tribe, so to speak, to lend my help."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Grognardsw »

Behind the burly fighters and while Easia's twin hammers distract the guards, Boddin the hobbit hands Fingal his ring. The thief turns invisible and pads along behind the guards and prisoners. One guard stops a passing guard. "Tell Metzner there are new prisoners."

The four prisoners are brought straight away to the dungeon and locked in a cell.

Metzner shows up 15 minutes later. He glares disdainfully at the prisoners.

"Where is Luna Cee?" he barks.

"Dead," answers Clement the cleric.

"Unfortunate," says Metzner. "Did you dispose of the...?"

"No sir," Clement answers. "They overpowered us. Can we be released?"

Metzner arches an eyebrow. "You are accused of banditry and assault. You will stand trial."

"Luna Cee said we were following your orders!"

Metzner walks out on him.

The invisible Fingal settles in and waits. The prisoners complain about Luna Cee and their predicament. Fingal is getting sleepy himself when guards bring a tray of food.

"You'll get Keep justice bandits," grunts one guard as he slides the tray under the bars of the door.

The other guard stands in front of the barred door, unzips his pants and pisses on the tray.

The two guards laugh and leave.

The rest of the adventurers visit the provision shop and sell the loot except magic items (netting 150 gp.) They take dinner at the tavern where monies are totaled and next steps discussed.
500 gp each x 7 = 3,500 gp + 150 = 3,650 TOTAL
Individually: 500 gp + 25 gp loot split = 525 gp individually.

jakegreenxxxx44
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by jakegreenxxxx44 »

puts the gold earnings in her purse and decides what she'll eat and drink at the tavern. listening and deciding what to do with the group.

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by SlyFox »

I'm assuming this isn't true for my character, sharing in the gold? I haven't added anything.

jakegreenxxxx44
Tracker
Tracker

#17 Post by jakegreenxxxx44 »

wonders how Fingal is making out in the dungeons of the Keep

Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Dizlexus »

Foracor

Will accompany Bodin to visit Brother Jerome about helping our friend Albertus.
does Al still have a player?

He is happy as hell about the Fingal mission as he assumes it will bring out good information.
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by doughx99 »

Niles will go along to see if burt can be raised then meet the others at the tavern to discuss our next move.

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by SlyFox »

The painted warrior will follow Niles.

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”