Chp. 5: WTF?!

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chp. 5: WTF?!

#461 Post by Pulpatoon »

The Satyr to the Elf, in hushed tones: "I know the beast on the ceiling is one of the enemy. The others look like civilized folk.

"Well, more or less.

"They could be allies in our escape. Or they could be yet another faction of evil-doers having a falling out with their neighbors."

The satyr looks around. "They'll want to draw the lizard down, and the lizard will want to escape. If it bolts for this exit, we should be prepared to block it. Try to get it back on the floor where the folks with the swords can do their business."

The Satyr draws two hand-sickles from his belt.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#462 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal pops up behind the two newcomers.

Yer dang right we's civilized! Not like these orc scum and whatever these other grey creatures are. If we wasn't.......you'd already have a dagger in yer backs!

Now, let's all do away with this ugly reptile thing and get outta here together.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#463 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn

He rushes at the reptilian creature again...
Attack w/ Battle Ax [1d20+2] = 11+2 = 13 Damage [1d8+2] = 3+2 = 5

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Pulpatoon »

The satyr starts when Fingal pops up behind him. "AH!"

Collecting himself he says, "The beast is wounded, and desperate to escape. Don't exert yourselves lunging after it. Block the two exits, and make it come down to you."

Assuming the exits aren't ten feet tall, or anything.

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#465 Post by doughx99 »

Niles follows the creature waiting for it to come down

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#466 Post by dok-el »

"So, there you are," mutters the elf coolly as Fingal finally shows himself. He looks thoughtful for a moment, apparently assessing the situation. Then he turns, raises his bow, and fires a shot at the creature on the ceiling...
And then I realize that I don't know how to link a roll to a forum post :)

Think I've got it...

Eryndir rolls to hit: [1d20] = 20 +2 for Dex, not sure about range (into melee?)

Damage: [1d8] = 7

Wow, that doesn't look like I cheated at all.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Grognardsw »

The fiendish reptilian is surrounded. It fights to the death with animalistic adrenalin. From the ceiling it swipes a grazing claw upon Boddin (1 HP damage) as the hobbit backs away and Wulfhart leaps directly below it.

From north in the corridor, newcomer Eryndir the elf fires a perfect arrow that pierces the monster’s neck. Groyn the dwarf reaches high with his axe but misses due to his short stature. Wulfhart jabs his sword upward, skewering the creature’s shoulder. It screams and collapses to the ground, landing atop Wulfhart.

“A mighty blow Wulfhart!” exclaims Vorkath the paladin, helping push the corpse off the barbarian. “And your bow fires true, stranger,” he says to Eryndir. “How came you here?”

The elf and satyr introduce themselves as Eryndir and Porphyry. They were prisoners who escaped from the more western caves. They ran out of the caves but then the great silver ship crashed, so they dashed back into the northern caves when they wandered upon you. They explain they came through Norker caves and a secret door further west into these orc caves (see map.)

“Where is Foracor and Desertfox?” asks Vorkath now that the party is reunited.
- Initiative: Monsters [1d6] = 6, Party [1d6] = 2 Monster wins.
- Monster c/c/b [1d20] = 7, [1d20] = 14, [1d20] = 8 One claw hits Boddin
- Monster claw damage [1d6] = 1 1 HP damage to Boddin
- Eryndir’s arrow does double damage for the critical. A good omen for your first roll! An arrow does 1d6 not 1d8, but I’ll carry the result over to a high roll for the 1d6 (say a 5), which doubled and combined with Wulfhart’s sword killed it.
- For expediency sake I explained Eryndir and Porphyry, but feel free to discuss further.
- Updated map:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by Zhym »

Boddin, sure he was a goner with that last attack, is amazed still to be alive. "Er, pardon me, gentlemen," he gurgles, "but would any of you happen to have any healing of I might...ugh...partake?"
Boddin is at 1 HP! That was a narrow escape!

jakegreenxxxx44
Tracker
Tracker

#469 Post by jakegreenxxxx44 »

picks up her mini-hammers and cleans them off as she says hello to the new guests. how are you two doing? it is a pleasure to meet you. The more the marrier. we could always use more help getting through these caves.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by Pulpatoon »

Zhym wrote:Boddin, sure he was a goner with that last attack, is amazed still to be alive. "Er, pardon me, gentlemen," he gurgles, "but would any of you happen to have any healing of I might...ugh...partake?"
Boddin is at 1 HP! That was a narrow escape!
Porphyry: "I have no magical healing to offer you, but I could dress your wounds, at least." The satyr reaches for his own shoulder and realizes he isn't wearing a backpack. "Ah. Excepting I don't have my tools, or anything else. I was lucky enough to find these," he says, hefting the sickles.

"And, ah... I don't suppose you would happen to have any spare provisions? Our captors were appallingly neglectful hosts."

dok-el
Guide
Guide

#471 Post by dok-el »

Eryndir nods his head at Vorkath, acknowledging the Paladin's words of praise,

"A lucky shot perhaps,"
he says, "Yet it has served us well."

He looks around the rest of the group, seeming to get the measure of them all. Only then does he fully lower his bow.

"Your friend requires aid," he continues, indicating Boddin, "Although I have some magic, I have nothing than can help heal him. Still his wounds are severe and in need of attention."
Pulpatoon wrote:"And, ah... I don't suppose you would happen to have any spare provisions? Our captors were appallingly neglectful hosts."
Eryndir sighs as he hears Porphyry's words,

"You must excuse my companion,"
he says, "His belly, it would seem, is fated to be eternally half-empty."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#472 Post by AleBelly »

Wulfhart stands up. "Many thanks, Vorkath. I have Cuthbert to thank for the trueness of my strike." He wipes lizard fluid off of his person. "That lizard has a most disagreeable odor.

Nice shot, elf. And you,"
he says, turning towards Porphyry, "I've never met one of your kind before. I see you come from the caves further within. You'll excuse me if I'm not immediately welcoming. We've encountered many wolves in sheep's clothing over the last few weeks."

He walks over to check on Boddin. "I wish I had a potion of healing for you, loyal friend. Is there no servant of god that can perform healing on our hobbit friend? If not, we need to find a place to rest, and keep Boddin out of harm's way."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#473 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal the Thief looks at Groyn. You were with DesertFox and Foracor by that pit last right? What happened over there? Where is the rest of our group?

After the introductions, Fingal realizes that he to is hurt badly. I could maybe use a little a that magic healing too. I don't know if we're gonna find a safe place to rest anywhere in these blasted caves though.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Pulpatoon »

AleBelly wrote:Wulfhart: "And you," he says, turning towards Porphyry, "I've never met one of your kind before. I see you come from the caves further within. You'll excuse me if I'm not immediately welcoming. We've encountered many wolves in sheep's clothing over the last few weeks."
Several expressions pass through the goat-like face of the young satyr: alarm, worry for his safety among these strangers, annoyance, and then understanding.

"Yes, I can see that. The denizens of these caves take to trickery as easily as breath. While imprisoned, I was regularly taunted by monsters in the guise of my butchered family.

"I am a satyr, the chosen children of the Bacchus, and Pan, and all the wild gods. My home is far away, a green island in a wine-dark sea, where the air is always sweet and warm. There are humans in my land, as you have here, but the other people among you, such as my friend the elf here, are unknown to me. So I suppose it is not unusual that you might not have satyrs. Although how you hold a bacchanalia without satyrs is beyond me.

"I was brought to this place through misadventure, and captured and held by malice.

"Your prudence does you credit, but I beg of you to let me stay in your number. Such little skill as I possess, I put at your disposal. I owe a debt of blood to the creatures of these caves, and I would pay it back many times over."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#475 Post by MrHemlocks »

I am still reeling over the crazy idea to let the female orc live...show it some sort of mercy you cried out. Now we have two party members that died on account of the female she beast. :cry: No heals for you...out of my soup kitchen Boddin! ;) All priest are not wussies.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#476 Post by Zhym »

What's Albertus's alignment, again?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#477 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion the elf (?)

Asherrion greets the satyr, Well met, Porphyry. I've not made the acquaintance of a child of Baccus or Pan, at least as far as I recall. Of course, my memory, and my hair for that matter, fails me these days. Regardless, I look forward to doing battle next to you, and he shakes the faun's hand.

jakegreenxxxx44
Tracker
Tracker

#478 Post by jakegreenxxxx44 »

if anyone is in need of healing please let me know and I will do my best to heal your wounds as she looks around.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by Zhym »

Boddin raises his hand.

jakegreenxxxx44
Tracker
Tracker

#480 Post by jakegreenxxxx44 »

lays her hands on Boddin and closes her eyes and chants a few words to her god. "Please heal my friend and do what you can to help him recover from his wounds"
uses her cure lite wounds spell.

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”