OOC I

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC I

#401 Post by Alethan »

Storm11 wrote:Yeah it's something to bare in mind. As its hoovering over everyone now though I thought it would be safe.
As far as game mechanics go, if something is engaged in melee, then ranged weapons targeted at it have a chance of hitting whomever is in melee with it, as well.

I'd say at this point our DM isn't going to point that out every time someone says they are going to range attack into a melee; he's just going to apply the chance to hit a friend vs. a foe. That's how I'd run it if it was my game. A few warnings at first as everyone becomes familiar with a rule, but then we're on our own to remember it.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#402 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:
Storm11 wrote:Yeah it's something to bare in mind. As its hoovering over everyone now though I thought it would be safe.
As far as game mechanics go, if something is engaged in melee, then ranged weapons targeted at it have a chance of hitting whomever is in melee with it, as well.
I see Storm's point, but Alethan is also correct.

The subject of ranged attacks into melee has already been discussed, and the risks should hopefully be understood (e.g. Sparrow accidentally striking the dog owner instead of a goblin).

I will be taking many factors into consideration:
  • Sizes of the combatants in the targeted area (from smallest to largest: Harzogopas, Ciar, Festus).
  • Location of the various combatants on the map (Ciar is in direct line of fire, with Festus just off to the side).
  • Positions of the various combatants on the map (e.g. Ciar and Festus on the ground, but reaching up to attack; Harzogopas is flying, but dipping and diving down to attack).
I will make it that Harzogopas has the largest percantage change of being hit, but there will be a chance that Ciar or Festus will be struck as well.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:
I will be taking many factors into consideration:
  • Sizes of the combatants in the targeted area (from smallest to largest: Harzogopas, Ciar, Festus).
  • Location of the various combatants on the map (Ciar is in direct line of fire, with Festus just off to the side).
  • Positions of the various combatants on the map (e.g. Ciar and Festus on the ground, but reaching up to attack; Harzogopas is flying, but dipping and diving down to attack).
I will make it that Harzogopas has the largest percantage change of being hit, but there will be a chance that Ciar or Festus will be struck as well.

As long as he doesnt throw it backward and hit Fulp... that would really suck. ;)
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#404 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I will be taking many factors into consideration:
[*]Sizes of the combatants in the targeted area (from smallest to largest: Harzogopas, Ciar, Festus, Sylvan).
In preparing for the next round, I just realized that Sylvan is moving to Festus' aid and will also have a slight chance of being targeted as well.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#405 Post by dmw71 »

The target will be determined by the following d12 roll:

Code: Select all

Sylvan (1), Festus (2-4), Imp (5-9), Ciar (10-12): [1d12]
I figure Sylvan will have 1:12 (8%) chance; Ciar and Festus a 3:12 chance (25%) each; and Harzogopas a 5:12 chance (42%) of being targeted.

The actual roll will be made along with initiative and the imp's attack once all actions are in.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#406 Post by dmw71 »

onlyme wrote:As long as he doesnt throw it backward and hit Fulp.
Ha. No, Fulp is safe.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#407 Post by dmw71 »

While the options are somewhat limited, I want to allow Gary (hedgeknight) some extra time to decide and declare action for Festus himself (instead of making the decision and the rolls for him).

However, so as to not delay the game too long, if an action for Festus hasn't been declared by noon tomorrow (CST), I will assume Festus will continue to attack and will make any missing rolls to move the action forward.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#408 Post by dmw71 »

Note:
The 'Cast of Characters' post has been updated with the current health of all characters.
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#409 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote: He makes his way to Fulp's prone body and borrows the inactive man's lantern and a flask of oil. "Don't mind if we use this, do you, mate?"
Fulp does have a lantern hanging from his belt, but Sylvan actually has a lit lantern in the room.

Just to clarify:
Does Ciar take the unlit lantern from Fulp, or grab Sylvan's lit lantern?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#410 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote: He makes his way to Fulp's prone body and borrows the inactive man's lantern and a flask of oil. "Don't mind if we use this, do you, mate?"
Fulp does have a lantern hanging from his belt, but Sylvan actually has a lit lantern in the room.

Just to clarify:
Does Ciar take the unlit lantern from Fulp, or grab Sylvan's lit lantern?
Figured not everyone was going to go down the secret passage, especially with the Venerable Fulp laying atop the table, so we'd need two light sources - one to stay in the room and one to go down the secret passage.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by AleBelly »

dmw71 wrote:Ciar must have missed Fulp's double-blink protest, because the halfling takes the paralyzed companion's lantern and a flask of oil into his possession and returns to the northeast corner of the room. Once at the entrance, he lights the lantern and disappears into the passage.

The other party lantern, still sitting where Sylvan left it, flickers.
Is it flickering because the oil is almost gone?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#412 Post by dmw71 »

AleBelly wrote:Is it flickering because the oil is almost gone?
Yes. I do keep track of time:
Lantern.png
Lantern.png (47.13 KiB) Viewed 1040 times
-- Project --
-- DM --

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by AleBelly »

I'd expect nothing less from you, Dave. ;) Thanks!

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by onlyme »

So...
I was the dentist this afternoon, lying in the chair, unable to talk or move. All I kept thinking about while they whirled away at my plaque was how similar Fulp must have felt...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by AleBelly »

onlyme wrote:So...
I was the dentist this afternoon, lying in the chair, unable to talk or move. All I kept thinking about while they whirled away at my plaque was how similar Fulp must have felt...
:lol:

At least the dentist didn't steal all your stuff! Or did he?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#416 Post by Alethan »

AleBelly wrote:
onlyme wrote:So...
:lol:

At least the dentist didn't steal all your stuff! Or did he?
Psh... Ciar asked! He didn't try and sneak it away!

Just didn't wait for an answer, is all...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#417 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It truly pains me to say this but I need to inform all of my DM's that I am leaving the board.

After 2 separate instances that I've experienced in the last week, both of which I found to be totally ridiculous, I've lost my desire, creativity, and ability to enjoy any of the great games on here that I once loved.

I reluctantly take full responsibility for what occurred in both cases, regardless of how misinterpreted and misconstrued things got. I definitely do not want this to reflect negatively on this forum or any of its moderators. This board is awesome and was one of the few enjoyable things I got to do in my life in a very long time.

I apologize for abandoning the many great DM's and all the fantastic players that I've had the pleasure of gaming with, and making friends with, over the last year. You were all so welcoming and helpful even though I was completely ignorant of the PbP system (amongst other things) and I really appreciated that. You have no idea how much I've learned and how much I've enjoyed the ride. Thank you all!

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by Storm11 »

Oh no. Am sad to hear that Ogre Mage. If there's anything we can do to help or change your mind just holler
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by onlyme »

Sorry to hear that Ogre mage...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#420 Post by dmw71 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:I am leaving the board.
Well...

Okay, this obviously isn't ideal, but I've been thinking about it and have a "solution." In light of this news, I am going to switch the paralysis from Fulp to Sparrow.

Again, it's not an ideal situation, but let's make the best of it.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”