Adventure start: The lords manor

barna10
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Adventure start: The lords manor

#21 Post by barna10 »

In the morning, Harick heads to the docks with his possessions in-tow after eating a hearty breakfast and meditating.

FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by FronkyDondo »

Elrohir
"Good day sirs, I am excited to be here!"
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, 3rd level Elf, X1: The Isle of Dread
Coppish Freunt, Elven Fighter/Thief, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
Gwydion Glyndawr, Wood Elf Ranger, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
DM: The Haunted Mines of Gomor, AD&D 1st Ed.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by dmw71 »

Lenore, Fighter

Lenore continues her feast with vigor, but does catch Lord Bârânul mention of someplace called the 'The Gypsy's Chain.' The cautious warrioress finds the lack of ringing endorsement for the establishment a bit disconcerting, but she's prepared to accept what will likely be a restless night of sleep in exchange for free boarding. Once she has had her fill, she will make her way towards the docks and, after a cursory inspection of the exterior of tavern, will enter and seek her room... unless, of course, she detects anything that would give her pause.

Never one good at remembering names, she finds herself repeating "Goder" silently to herself as she efforts to fall asleep, hoping, when she wakes, she'll remember the man they're supposed to meet the following morning.

The grip on her dagger, which she sleeps with under her pillow, loosens as she finally drifts off.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Marcel »

Cmo takes a room at 'The Gypsy's Chain' but chooses not to join the patrons in drink and instead slumbers long before the journey. When the rumbling of his crew awake and head towards the Windcaster, Cmo joins in stride.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

KranK the Dwarf eats his fill and washes it down. The Gypsy's Chain? Sounds like a good place for a meal and a mug! He checks in and heads to the tavern.

He will drink with the locals for a while before heading to his bed. If there are any rumors or other information to be had, he will use his pleasant demeanor to learn what he can.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by AleBelly »

Styrk retires from the banquet, and finding the floor at the Gypsy's Chain Tavern sticky and beneath his standards, he reluctantly takes a room at the adjoining inn. Meeting up with the party the next day, the bleary-eyed warrior complains "It will be a wonder if I didn't contract a disease from those bug-infested beds." He picks at the embroidery on his white silk shirt. "When is this ship supposed to arrive? The sooner we leave this sorry place the better."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by max_vale »

Beya 'the Blade'; Mage

Beya retires to her quarters in good spirits and wakes up early and gets her gear packed; studies her spellbook and then rejoins her companions and greets them with a cheerful "Good morning! Should we make our way to the ship?"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#29 Post by ToniXX »

You now find yourselves all together again, walking along the waterfront, some of you feeling more rested that others. You happen upon a bustling group of dwarves, loading a remarkable boat that is docked on a long pier. The bow of the boat is inscribed with the word 'Windcaster'. Some of the dwarves are working on the sails, which are like no sails you've ever seen on any boat. You also see a large, shirtless man with dark skin, tattoos and bald head. He is directing the dwarves as they load cargo into the hold.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by AleBelly »

"Ho, Goder!" calls Styrk the fighter to the tattooed man on the ship. "We are here in the service of Lord Baranul to see passage to a distant land. If my eyes do not deceive me, this is Windcaster, the very vessel he has arranged for us."

Looking up at the mast, he asks aloud "What type of sails are these? Strange indeed..."

barna10
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by barna10 »

Harick looks up at the strange ship, "She may be strange, but I feel the spirits will guide her to our destination without fault."

Harick boards the ship with all of his worldly possessions in tow.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Marcel »

barna10 wrote:"She may be strange, but I feel the spirits will guide her to our destination without fault."
"How do you gather that? Faith? I've no faith in Dwarven sailors. [in Halfling tongue]We should have asked for a raise." Cmo says as he begrudgingly boards the Windcaster. He looks at a Dwarven Sailor as he trots by, [sarcasm] "nice day for sailing eh my, fine bearded friend?" He says with a smile.

At second glance, they just may be dock workers, ignore me
Last edited by Marcel on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#33 Post by dmw71 »

Lenore emerges from her restless night, over tired and more cranky than normal. The sight of dwarves working on the ship does little to inspire confidence, but she's determined to bite her tongue, lest risk it be cut out by someone she offends. She will hang back and linger a bit while people start boarding, electing to be one of the last to set foot on board.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#34 Post by ToniXX »

AleBelly wrote:"Ho, Goder!" calls Styrk the fighter to the tattooed man on the ship. "We are here in the service of Lord Baranul to see passage to a distant land. If my eyes do not deceive me, this is Windcaster, the very vessel he has arranged for us."

Looking up at the mast, he asks aloud "What type of sails are these? Strange indeed..."
The burly, shirtless man looks over towards the party, hearing his name. He does not hail in return, instead a grimace creeps over his face.
barna10 wrote:Harick boards the ship with all of his worldly possessions in tow.
Goder meets Harick half way up the gangplank, and puts a strong hand out. He speaks in a heavy accent You may board now, but we ain't shovin' off for a while yet. Find Ulban the mate and he'll show your to yer quarters. He then addresses Styrk's question: She's got lateen sails, and she's the fastest caravel in these parts, if not the entire continent. He smiles with pride at his last statement, putting his hands on his hips.
Marcel wrote:He looks at a Dwarven Sailor as he trots by, "nice day for sailing eh my, fine bearded friend?" He says with a smile.
The dwarf being spoken to is carrying a large bale of hay. He sets it down and eyes up the halfling. They're about the same height. Aye laddie, I wouldn't trust a dwarf sailor either. But we're the best stevedores on these docks. Why'in don't you come by our union hall upon your return and raise a pint with us... that is if you return. I've seen more than a few adventuring parties such as yours never come back from that dreaded isle. He motions with his thumb in a southerly direction, the flashes a smirk at the halfling, picks up the hay, and moves on.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by FronkyDondo »

Elrohir, Elven Sailor on the Seas of Fate
"Ahoy captain! When may be board, I prithee?"
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, 3rd level Elf, X1: The Isle of Dread
Coppish Freunt, Elven Fighter/Thief, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
Gwydion Glyndawr, Wood Elf Ranger, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
DM: The Haunted Mines of Gomor, AD&D 1st Ed.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Marcel »

ToniXX wrote: I've seen more than a few adventuring parties such as yours never come back from that dreaded isle.
With a worried frown, Cmo mumbles "Never!?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

KranK the Dwarf

After hearing his new "friends" badmouthing his extremely hard working brethren, KranK becomes a little......... upset.

What do you lot know about Dwarves and their sailing ability anyway? Now, I may have never set foot on a ship like this but, I wouldn't think that it would be too hard to learn the ways of water and wind. We are not a race of bumbling idiots ya know! .

He speaks in Dwarven to some of the workers making sure that they weren't offended by the others words. If he can get any inside information from the workers he will do so.

He then looks around for this Ulban feller.

barna10
Tracker
Tracker

#38 Post by barna10 »

Note to self: Remember that Harick has a 17 Charisma...

Harick addresses Goder, "I'm sure this is a fine ship. I and my companions will do our best to stay our of your way.[/dialog"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by dmw71 »

Lenore, sitting back observing the activity at the dock, has her attention drawn to their dwarven companion after he grows visibly upset over a perceived slight at the dwarven sailors. "Sensitive one," she thinks to herself as she moves to position herself in Krank's path as he storms off to seek out Ulban. "You know your kind can't float, right?" she says to him with a rare smile, hoping her offhanded comment will ease any tension.
-- Project --
-- DM --

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by thirdkingdom »

Crowcenty the Crass

Crowcenty boards the ship. Although he dearly would like to, he refrains from asking the captain how much it would cost for him to purchase a dwarf to be his personal man-servant and butler.

Return to “X1 - The Isle of Dread (B/X)”