OOC VIII

phil285
Tracker
Tracker

Re: OOC VIII

#461 Post by phil285 »

Sounds worth thinking about. Let's see if those wargs on the north-side are quickly obliterated.

Koren n'Rhys
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#462 Post by Koren n'Rhys »

I can't look now (at work) - how close are the gnolls and ogres coming from the NW? If we move to join you to the west, will we be able to safely retreat to the south gate before we get caught by them?

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#463 Post by Wyzard »

Koren n'Rhys wrote:I can't look now (at work) - how close are the gnolls and ogres coming from the NW? If we move to join you to the west, will we be able to safely retreat to the south gate before we get caught by them?
I don't think you'll have any trouble outpacing them, unless I've read the maps wildly wrong.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#464 Post by Wyzard »

Rhys' unit is down to 1HP if my math is right. Disregard the above, you guys should get back inside the walls.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#465 Post by MonsterMash »

I'd say time to withdraw inside the walls and consolidate rather than keep fighting. We've dealt with the goblins and that has really weakened the siege.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#466 Post by Wyzard »

I thought we should go ahead and try to drop them all. We won't get another chance this easy.

And the keep is getting ready to do something.

MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#467 Post by MonsterMash »

Ok, if the keep is launching an attack then it might be time to try and finish it off. Hopefully more of them will break now that the goblins have fled and the impetus is on our side.

Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#468 Post by Wyzard »

Also, it seems like the goblin tribes each keep a chest of treasure in their camp. Unless there's a goblin unit struggling along under the weight of a treasure chest, it's probably still sitting in the chieftain's tent.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by thirdkingdom »

Okay. I think this is a good time to end this experiment in mass combat.As I understand it, Rhys and Quint's forces are withdrawing into the city, while those forces south of the city are going to loot the goblin camp. If combat does result between the ogres and or gnolls, I think we can handle that traditionally. I am going to resolve the combat occurring at the Keep using more abstract methods this evening; you guys were successful at drawing off a not insignificant portion of the besieging troops. I will also post my thoughts on how it went when I'm at a keyboard.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”