Chpt. 2 Kobold Prisoners & Prisoners of Kobolds

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chpt. 2 Kobold Prisoners & Prisoners of Kobolds

#341 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl-RangerYes I found all my gear, and to my surprise nothing was missing.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#342 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trendt "Alright then off to deal with some goblins then." Trendt puts all his weapons back in their holders except for his mace. He then heads back to where they were told the goblins reside.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Grognardsw »

Biblo, scribe

"The goblins aren't going anywhere, stuck as they are behind the barricaded door," comments Biblo. Knowing the pugnacious nature of the group, he says half-heartedly: "There is probably little to gain from the goblins except injuries and spent healing spells. Perhaps we should press ahead to search for the artifacts."

GreyWolfVT

#344 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trendt rolls his eyes "You just like ta ruin my fun don't yah."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#345 Post by Nordbo »

Merthyr
Fanxyl-RangerYes I found all my gear, and to my surprise nothing was missing.
"Greet man, then I'll have my shield back"

LilacBird
Scout
Scout

#346 Post by LilacBird »

Gwennethel, Elf Druid

"Yes. The longer we leave the goblins, the better. They are locked up behind doors and slowly starving to death. They will continue to weaken. We should do all our business before worrying about them. I seem to remember someone wanting to check out a trap door which is in a room near the entrance. We have to go back that way whatever we decide. We seem to have cleared out this wing very well."
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with Ketchup. (Derivation of Tolkien and Sherrilyn Kenyon)
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. (Mark Russell)

GreyWolfVT

#347 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trendt "Well I aint really wantin' to be like a tour group so do we all really have to stick together with most all enemies behind a locked door? Or can I go check them statues the Kobolds told us about?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl-Ranger Hands Merthyr back his shield. Thanks fer the use of yer shield. I say lets get to that secret door.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

FronkyDondo
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#349 Post by FronkyDondo »

Gwydion, Elf Ranger
"Aye, I guess we *could* investigate the statues. But we must be wary of the giant arthropods - solifugids and whatnot."

Coppish, Elf F/T
"As tempting as it may be to fence the gems we found, I suspect they may unlock more mysteries within this dungeon. I recommend we keep them safe, and be ready to use them for said purpose before hiding/selling them."
The worms crawl in,
the worms crawl out,
the worms play pinochle on your snout

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elrohir, 3rd level Elf, X1: The Isle of Dread
Coppish Freunt, Elven Fighter/Thief, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
Gwydion Glyndawr, Wood Elf Ranger, Pantheons, Cabals and Divulgence
DM: The Haunted Mines of Gomor, AD&D 1st Ed.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by AleBelly »

Adel, pleased at having removed the ruby, haphazardly wraps it in one of his spare robes and puts the bundle in his backpack. Standing up, he says to nobody in particular "I suspect we'll have to explore the whole cave anyway, so I care not where we go next."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Zhym »

"North is fine with me," suggests Llewellyn. "We can explore the rest of this level before heading down."

LilacBird
Scout
Scout

#352 Post by LilacBird »

Gwennethel, Elf Druid

There is a logic to what the lawyer says. Either way will be fine with me. To Trendt, Gwennethel says, There is this strange song that keeps repeating in my head....something about "don't split up the party". Individuals and small groups came in here before us and never came out. We don't know which way they went and haven't seen their remains yet.
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with Ketchup. (Derivation of Tolkien and Sherrilyn Kenyon)
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. (Mark Russell)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#353 Post by Nuke66 »

Sammy speaks up. "I don't like leaving open caves behind us. I say we start with some spiders. Fire should work on them too."

GreyWolfVT

#354 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trendt "Individuals is one this we are a group of nearly twelve. If you think I'm gonna prance around to check every single door with the large mass I'll just go guard the cart." he says with a dwarf grumble and marches off to the cart.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Zhym »

Llewelyn shrugs. "I'm fine with the large mass of people," he says. "More bodies to get between me and pointy blades!"

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#356 Post by SlyFox »

The dwarf, seemingly hating to be around others, takes himself outside of the cave and guards Sammy's horse and the cart where there are two more barrels of oil nearby. The rest of the party decides to head north to the room that their kobold companions say holds statue gods. Corun and Rubesca are rolling the last two barrels away from the kobold battle, but Sammy says he doesn't like leaving open rooms behind him and that he'd like to use the oil on the spiders.

Corun sets up one barrel at the entrance to the first spider lair while Rubesca sets up the other barrel at the entrance to the second. Corun speaks quielty so as not to disturb the spiders, knowing they seem to hate noise. "I'd prefer using the oil on the goblins if there are anywhere near the same amount of them as their were kobolds. All Osh and Kosh said was that they killed off all of the goblin chiefs, women and children. That still doesn't tell us how many have survived the past two weeks while being able to slip free and steal food and water."

To the north room the party walks, Rubesca taking up the front position in front of Dakara where Trendt would be, next to Sammy who cares not where they head next. They look over a copy of their map and head directly into the empty room. It is 50' x 20' and there are four stone statues of women here - two along the west wall and two along the east wall. Each statue has fresh garlands of flowers around her neck and is holding a bowl in her stoney hands. Osh and Kosh explain that these women are their new gods, just recently found, so the flower leis came from the kobolds, as they worshiped them here on occasion.

There is an alter in front of each statue, above which the stone bowls are held in the women's hands. On each of their foreheads is a symbol and there is a stone plaque above the head of each statue with writing in the common tongue.

There is a stone slab with writing that is larger than all of the rest, very eye-catching, on the north wall (western side). This stone slab reads:

A sacrifice must be made in order to achieve the prize.
Do you have the bravery?
Do you have the skill?
Do you have the intelligence?
What are you willing to give to attain what you seek?
As my sacrifice to each of the women in my life was great,
so too must your sacrifice be of value equal to that which I had to give.
The ladies of stone are demanding, cold and ungiving,
but they have a lesson to teach.

The two statues along the west wall each bear a symbol, one with the symbol of fire and one with the symbol of water; the two along the east wall bear the symbols of blood and nature.

fire-symbol.jpg
fire-symbol.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The plaque above the statue with the symbol of fire reads:
Warm my cold hands. I am always cold, but I can warm thy heart.

water-symbol.jpg
water-symbol.jpg (5.41 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The plaque above the statue with the symbol of water reads:
Always thirsty and ever drinking, but I can quench the drought of thy heart.

blood-symbol.jpg
blood-symbol.jpg (13.32 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The plaque above the statue with the symbol of blood reads:
Give of yourself. I am unsatisfied with all that you give and I want more! Only your life essence will do!

life-symbol.jpg
life-symbol.jpg (5.45 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
The plaque above the statue with the symbol of nature reads:
I am of nature and I disdain all else. I grow tired of living amongst the stones and I crave the green of the land.

Cave Map
UpdatedMap.jpg
UpdatedMap.jpg (294.97 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
Life is that thing that gets in the way when you're trying to live.
DM - Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence
Xerea, Barbarian Amazon - A People Divided
Gilgalore, Elf F/Th/MU - The Haunted Mines of Gomor
DesertFox, Tribal Fighter - Keep on the Borderlands

GreyWolfVT

#357 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trendt gets back to the cart seeing they only have 2 more barrels of oil he does his do dilligence and brings them both into the main entrance cave closer to where they know the goblins are "locked in" and hopefully really well locked in Trendt thinks to himself. He then looks around to see if the party has gone to check the door some were so excited about not seeing or hearing them anywhere near where the door is. He grumbles a little and meanders towards the statues or at least back to where he recalls the party was last discussing after the battle of the kobolds.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl- Pokes his head in the door. I think we should approach this just like the last room. Searching for any secret doors or traps.He begin scan the room.

6 sided roll [1d6] = 1
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Zhym »

Llewellyn looks at the sapphire he pried from the wall. "Blue," he says pensively. "Blue sapphire for water, green emerald for nature, red ruby for blood, yellow topaz for fire?"

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#360 Post by SlyFox »

DM overlooked Fanxyl's post. He looted the dead kobolds and found 899 copper pieces. Fanxyl, you can put that in the cart or in your inventory, whichever, but keep in mind how much that might weigh.
Life is that thing that gets in the way when you're trying to live.
DM - Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence
Xerea, Barbarian Amazon - A People Divided
Gilgalore, Elf F/Th/MU - The Haunted Mines of Gomor
DesertFox, Tribal Fighter - Keep on the Borderlands

Return to “Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence (1ed)”