Chpt. 2 Kobold Prisoners & Prisoners of Kobolds

LilacBird
Scout
Scout

Re: Chpt. 2 Kobold Prisoners & Prisoners of Kobolds

#361 Post by LilacBird »

Gwennethel, Elf Druid

After reading the stone slab and looking at each of the statues Gwennethel exclaims, "This is most intriguing. Apparently we will receive 'a prize' if we make proper sacrifices. Two possibilities occur to me but I could be wrong. We need to get our heads together on this. We have 4 statues and we recently got 4 gemstones whose functions we still don't know. We could try putting a gem in each bowl according to the gem's properties, ie: ruby for blood, emerald for nature's green, sapphire for the dark blue of water and topaz being a warm tone, for fire (this last one not being the most perfect fit). This would be the easiest option.

The second option that occurs would mean a little more. Water symbol = pour a little water in the bow; fire symbol = light some material on fire or incense of some kind, or maybe oil lit on fire; nature symbol = try some of my holly and mistletoe in the bowl or maybe the salt I grabbed would work; blood = one of us is going to have to give a drop of blood or maybe some Kobold blood, but enemy Kobold blood may not be enough of a sacrifice to these gods.

That's about all I've got."
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with Ketchup. (Derivation of Tolkien and Sherrilyn Kenyon)
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. (Mark Russell)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#362 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl- Is there a chest or sack that we putting any coin we across into? As he passes the location of the cart.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#363 Post by SlyFox »

No chest at present, and the only other stuff is bigger than coins, so it's just fit into the cart. You could put a sack in there to fill up with coins.

I'm taking Trendt into another thread where he will go deal with spiders. I'll have two NPCs go with him and Freddie. Anyone else who would like to go deal with spiders can jump into that thread.
Life is that thing that gets in the way when you're trying to live.
DM - Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence
Xerea, Barbarian Amazon - A People Divided
Gilgalore, Elf F/Th/MU - The Haunted Mines of Gomor
DesertFox, Tribal Fighter - Keep on the Borderlands

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Zhym »

"Great minds," Llewllyn tells Gwennethel. "Let's give the stones a try."

He steps near the statute of water and puts the sapphire in the bowl.

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#365 Post by SlyFox »

Freddie has handed his topaz and ruby over to Llewellyn and mentions he won't leave Trendt to face the spiders alone.

Freddie will be in the other thread with Rubesca, Trendt and the two kobolds.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Zhym »

Llewellyn puts the topaz in the "fire" bowl and the ruby in the "blood" bowl.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by AleBelly »

"Yeah, before we go cutting ourselves and bleeding in bowls, let's try the stones first."Adel is shocked to open his pack and discover that the ruby he extracted has transformed into an emerald. ;) he places it in the remaining bowl.

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#368 Post by SlyFox »

There goes that wandering vortex of senility again. :roll: Sorry 'bout that. Adel had the ruby, Freddie had the emerald and topaz, which he gives over to Llewellyn, then Llew puts them in their respective bowls.

As the ruby is placed into the bowl held by the statue with the symbol of blood, the topaz into the bowl held by the statue with the symbol of fire, the sapphire into the bowl of the statue with the symbol of water, and the emerald into the bowl of the statue with the symbol of nature, nothing happens.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Zhym »

"I should have guessed it wouldn't be that easy," sighs Llewellyn. Just to make sure, he swaps the Topaz and the Ruby. Assuming that doesn't change anything, he retrieves the emerald, topaz, and sapphire. "I'm not quite ready to start bleeding into bowls quite yet. Onward to the secret door?"

LilacBird
Scout
Scout

#370 Post by LilacBird »

Gwennethel, Elf Druid

Oh, oh! Well, we could try changing the order of gems in bowls, or maybe even which gem goes in first, second, etc. There's also the possibility that there could be other clues elsewhere in different parts of this cave."
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. (Isaac Asimov)
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with Ketchup. (Derivation of Tolkien and Sherrilyn Kenyon)
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage. (Mark Russell)

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#371 Post by SlyFox »

When Llewellyn swaps the positions of the topaz and the ruby, still nothing happens, so he gathers up the topaz, emerald and sapphire, leaving the ruby for Adel. The party ponders the meaning of the stone plaques and Llewellyn doesn't wish to start sacrificing his blood just yet, so Gwennethel mentions moving on into the other rooms that the kobolds had mentioned were empty of creatures, in search of more clues.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by AleBelly »

Adel thinks out loud. "Put moss in the green one, build a fire in the red one, pour water in the blue one, and...does it have to be our blood in the red one?"

While he's thinking, he re-wraps the ruby in one of his spare robes and puts it back in his pack.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl- Why don't try both stone and element. If you need blood I will volunteer some of mine. A small cut from the palm of my hand, Nothing more.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by Zhym »

"It is worth a try," agrees the lawyer. "Put the materials in first, in case the gems are not needed. If nothing happens, we can add the stones. Fire, water, and mud should be easy enough to come up with. What about the moss or greenery."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by AleBelly »

"There was moss back there in the kobold rooms" suggests Adel. "Anyone want to head back there with me?"

LilacBird
Scout
Scout

#376 Post by LilacBird »

Gwennethel, Elf Druid

"I could donate a small sprig of holly or mistletoe from my knapsack. I'm a little worried about the spiritual implications of all this, so I won't donate blood. Not sure Corellon would like that one bit. He can be a jealous god. In fact, he might not like the sacrificing of anything. I will accompany you Adel, but will not retrieve or place in the bowl the moss myself."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl-My god will understand hopefully. I will ask pray and ask for his forgiveness.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

SlyFox
Ranger
Ranger

#378 Post by SlyFox »

Adel and Gwennethel run south to the moss room and remove several handfuls of moss, bringing it back to the statue room.

Corun pours some of the water from his water/wine skin into the bowl held by the statue marked with the symbol of water.

Dakara pours a bit of oil into the bowl held by the statue marked with the symbol of fire, then uses her torch to light the oil on fire.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by AleBelly »

Adel looks to Fanxyl. "Will you offer your blood? I'd recommend a forearm instead of your hand...that way you can grip your weapon. I'll offer some too." He makes a small cut with his spearhead on his forearm, then squeezes out a few drops of blood into the bowl. "I bleed for you, Enki" he says softly. He sucks on his wound until it stops producing blood.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Dram »

Fanxyl- Pulls his dagger from its sheath. Yes, I will make my cut now. I didn't want to make it till we had all the materials He makes a small cut on his forearm. And squeezes and lets it drip into the offering dish.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Pantheons, Cabals & Divulgence (1ed)”