Highway to hell

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Highway to hell

#81 Post by Alethan »

Cilian looks up and shrugs, "Seems to be not dead, but he isn't waking up. Maybe that creature's bite did something to him? I hope he doesn't turn into a zombie!"

Cil checks Osric to see if he can detect breathing.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by wolfpack »

you can detect shallow breathing

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by rredmond »

We're gonna have to carry him now huh?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ravenn4544 »

Scy grunts "better than havin' to bury 'im I guess... of course he does look heavy..."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

Cilian shrugs, "Actually, burying him would be easy; we are in a crypt. Let's give him a bit and see if he comes around. Easier than trying to carry him up."

Cilian examines the creature to see if he can tell anything about it - was it at one point a human? What kind of clothing does it have on? Could the party tell which way it came from at the intersection?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by ravenn4544 »

Scy states "why don't a couple of you drag his butt along with us -- unless you have other ideas of course - i'll take point and keep an eye and sword out for any more of those corpse creatures"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

"Which way," Cilian asks. "Up and out or back down the hallway to see if there is anything of value down here?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by wolfpack »

After 15 minutes Osric begins to stir.

Searching the creature it looks to at one time have been human. It has rotted clothes of once fine threads that is not of a style you have ever seen.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by ravenn4544 »

Scy walks over to Osric and kneels down - and slaps him across the face "Awake in there, friend?! up an at 'em, eh?" He pokes him in the forehead a few times repeatedly to see if awakes. He stands up and watches for a second, blinks, then steps forward to point to watch the dark hallway.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Argennian »

Viktor is nearly overcome with relief when he sees that Osric is indeed alive. He certainly wasn't too keen on having to potentially haul his childhood friend and clerical companion up those sketchy stone stairs.

When Osric starts to stir, the churl-deputy helps him sit up and immediately admonishes Scythius for slapping him across the face and prodding him. "Hey! Cut it out, Scy! He was nearly killed by that undead menace for pity's sake!"
Alethan wrote:"Which way," Cilian asks. "Up and out or back down the hallway to see if there is anything of value down here?"
Vik's usually all about finding anything of value, but is obviously concerned and nervous that another undead might be about. "I'm good either way, Cil, although can't says I'm too keen on bumpin into any more o them," he declares pointing to the dead mummy-looking thing with his short sword, "especially without Thor's favor, if ya know what I mean..."

He'll then ask the newly-recovered cleric what he thinks. "So what about it, Os? We're puttin it to a vote. You wanna call it or are ya good ta go to have a look-see down here?"

OOC: did we ever get a replacement player for Osric?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by wolfpack »

Osric shoves scy away as he smacks him.

Enough

He runs his hand over his wounds.

I need rest to converse with Thor and regain my powers, I will continue on whatever path the group decides

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by ravenn4544 »

Scy chuckles gruffly as Osric swipes him and utters, "good morning, sweet heart -- feeling better I hope?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by wolfpack »

This place reeks of the death god.

what is the plan of action

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Argennian »

"Well, whadaya think, lads? Should we rest up here or head back up top? Know we was hoping ta find some treasure down here but it's been bloody rough! If everyone still wants to give it a go, I'm in. I mean, that damn amulet led us here for something, right? After all we been through, we can't go back ta Rashtan empty-handed. Sheriff Talon and our families, they're countin on us, right?" Vik queries, looking to Cilian and the others to see what they think, and if they feel the same way.

"Otherwise, I'd say let's beat it back ta town and come back with a bunch of rope, tools, torches and a few gallons o lamp oil to burn out the bad shite!"

OOC: If everyone's still in, let's do this
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#95 Post by Alethan »

Cilian nods, "Ok. Let's go. And come back better prepared with provisions."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Are we able enough to rest here and keep going a little deeper? I agree with it not looking so good if we come back empty handed (and considering the time it takes to get here and back)"

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by rredmond »

Man, I don't want to go back tail between our legs,Tub adds, but we could be a bit... better prepared.

Sorry WP, refresh my memory. How far back to town is it?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by wolfpack »

It's a 6 day trip back to the small village you set out from.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Maybe we rest here and recover ourselves before pressing on? Let's dig a little deeper in this hole before surfacing..."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Argennian »

"No matter what we decide, we gotta give Osric a chance to rest up and heal before he's gonna be ready ta roll anyways. I ain't gonna try n carry him up them stupid stairs, no way!" Vik promises, already thinking that with his luck, it would be the highest step that went.

"So let's just hang here and let time fly. Anyone that don't need rest keep watch and be ready. When Os wakes up, let's see how he feels, and if we need ta put it to a vote..."

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Aroth”