Action 1: Over the Rainbow

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action 1: Over the Rainbow

#361 Post by atpollard »

Vinnie (Passenger-Criminal) - Passenger Lounge
Vinnie returns to his drink and takes a sip.
He has stopped pouting over loosing his secret computer connection, and is now intrigued by this latest turn of events.
"What does it mean? How does it fit with the rest of the puzzle? How can this be turned to my advantage?" he mentally ponders.
"More questions than answers." he whispers to himself as he swirls the liquid in his glass.
max_vale wrote:Loraine 'El Zee' Zane
Loraine will turn to whoever is still in the passenger lounged and say; "Okay, that was weird. Anybody have any idea what she was talking about?"
Vinnie is half startled from his thoughts and motions for El Zee to lean a little closer before softly responding "Misinformation ... [sarcastic voice] 'I am hunting for a killer brain, but, oops, I guess that it isn't here. Silly me' [normal voice] ... Please. Whatever she is up to, there is more to it."
(OOC: Vinnie is not reacting to player information.
Her story is suspicious and Vinnie suspects that she has something to do with the cargo ...
... a little paranoia and mistrust goes with the profession.)
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#362 Post by DadsAngry »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Carter looking the situation over. "Hmm well Eugene this is a difficult issue to figure out what is the cause of the short. I can make the repairs easily enough but I think we might need some computer skills at this maybe."
Eugene - Navigator in September's Room

Eugene looks at the wires in the open panel. "I don't think it's a software issue. These wires look to have been tampered with. I think we should contact the Captain and Mr. Neyland about this. He should be back on the bridge. I'll go and tell him in person. Keep this door locked and don't allow any passenger access until we can figure out what they were trying to do?"
Eugene will leave Carter in the room and head swiftly to the bridge.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#363 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter - Chief Engineer in September's Room

"Very well Eugene." Carter picks up his tools and wheels out of the room locking the door after and stationing himself just outside the door.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#364 Post by Keehnelf »

A couple of passengers in the common room take note of the crew activity in the hall and see Carter sitting outside one of the stateroom doors, obviously stationed there as a sentry of some kind. September recognizes the room as his own, but nobody else is immediately sure of whose room it is, but they each know it is not theirs.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#365 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator on the bridge

Eugene walks out to the lift and address the Captain immediately.
"Captain Mr. Jacks and I were able to locate the source the problem and repair it sir. The source was a overloaded relay on the passenger deck in one of the cabins. While we were repairing it sir we noticed that someone had accessed that panel in that suite. We found evidence of tampering with the wires which most-likely caused the overload. It doesn't appear the tampering was deliberately done to disable the ship. We saw no other evidence of tampering. Just to be sure I had Mr. Jacks lock the cabin and not allow the passenger to have access until Mr. Neyland had a chance to investigate sir."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Pulpatoon »

September (Passenger, MacGuffin-Bearer, Accidental Saboteur) turns pale when he sees the crew member stationed outside his cabin. He pats his thigh pocket quickly to assure himself the MacGuffin is still there.

To his fellow passengers he says, "Does the Captain strike you as a forgiving man? Er... I mean, he seems to be taking a very liberal approach to his stowaway. Do you think he's generally... uhm, non-litigious in his approach to... ah, shipboard infractions?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#367 Post by spanningtree »

Johon seeing the interaction in front of September's room will approach: Something amiss? Or, more amiss than already? Following up with a smile.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#368 Post by atpollard »

Pulpatoon wrote:September (Passenger, MacGuffin-Bearer, Accidental Saboteur)
To his fellow passengers he says, "Does the Captain strike you as a forgiving man? Er... I mean, he seems to be taking a very liberal approach to his stowaway. Do you think he's generally... uhm, non-litigious in his approach to... ah, shipboard infractions?"
Vinnie struggles for a moment, unsure whether to sit this one out or get involved.
Ultimately, he decides to take a chance ... "Opportunity favors the bold", he whispers to himself.

Vinnie stands up, reaches into an inside vest pocket, and walks over to September.
"If you want to handle this yourself, I understand, but just in case you need a friend ...

Vinnie quietly slips a small card into September's hand with a small handshake.
The card reads ...
Vincent Masseria, Esq.
... and returns to his seat in the Lounge.
Along the way, he stops to pick up the top to the bottle that he had tossed aside earlier.
He recaps the bottle and pushes aside his half finished drink.
Vincent is working.
He goes to his hand computer and begins to refresh his memory on Interstellar Law, with a particular interest in cases related to crisis and the Scout Service.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by Pulpatoon »

September looks blankly at Vinnie's card for a second before recognition dawns on him. "Oh! Uh, thanks." He tucks the card into a pocket. The acquisition of the card only makes him feel more deeply mired in trouble.

He fishes whatever small unit of money he might have on him, and passes it to Vinnie. "You're on retainer, now, right?"

GreyWolfVT

#370 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter Jacks - Chief Engineer if he sees the passengers walking around he will just leave them alone unless they confront him. Unless they try to enter September's room.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#371 Post by atpollard »

Pulpatoon wrote:September looks blankly at Vinnie's card for a second before recognition dawns on him. "Oh! Uh, thanks." He tucks the card into a pocket. The acquisition of the card only makes him feel more deeply mired in trouble.

He fishes whatever small unit of money he might have on him, and passes it to Vinnie. "You're on retainer, now, right?"
"Of course, shall we step into my office and discuss things in private?"
Vinnie leads him to Vinnie's stateroom, sprays shave cream on the security camera, instructs the hand computer to emit a high pitched tone than allows speech, but disrupts eavesdropping (not jamming, just creates feedback in the microphone that prevents hearing what is said).

Vincent Masseria (Advisor) - Vinnie's Stateroom
Observation check: 2d6 roll under intelligence [2d6] = 7

"First things first. Whatever it is, you probably want to get ahead of it at this point. Don't wait to react, you need to make the first move and control perceptions."

"Next, whatever your have in your pocket"
Vincent holds up his hand to forestall any arguments "I don't want to know about it unless you want to tell me, but you keep fidgeting with something in your pocket ... the issue is that you may be searched at some point in the near future, so do you want to be found with it on you? ... Just something to think about."

Vincent sits back and relaxes a little, smiling at September "So what have they found in your stateroom ... I assume that is YOUR stateroom that has been blocked off ... and what sort of trouble are you in?"

(You can just give me a hint at how much September is going to tell Vinnie if you don't want to detail out your entire story. "I" have read your character sheet and your posts ... great fun you've been having. :) )
Last edited by atpollard on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by Keehnelf »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Carter Jacks - Chief Engineer if he sees the passengers walking around he will just leave them alone unless they confront him. Unless they try to enter September's room.
It seems like Johan might have approached Carter with a friendly inquiry as to whether there's been more trouble--see above.

GreyWolfVT

#373 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I didn't see that...

Carter

smiles kindly at Johan "Well aside from the mess left for me in engineering that is all straight again. There is whatever is going on with the stowaway and we're trying to correct and issue in this passenger's room." being honest to a fault. "Tell me is everyone getting a long well on the passenger side?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#374 Post by spanningtree »

Never a dull moment... Johan will say to Carter looking up and down the corridor. Might I ask what the problem with the room is? I would think a passengers needs would pale compared to an issue in engineering. I don't mean to prod, it's just that there is something more deeply awry here than meets the eye. Since we took off I have born witness to more strange events than accustomed... honestly, I have been pondering why we have not returned to port.

GreyWolfVT

#375 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter Jacks
Looks to Johan "Well it is nothing that would cause alarm health wise but like some of the other problems. It appears someone has muddled with the computer leading us to think it is related to other sabotage on the ship." you can tell from the look and tone about Carter that he looks concerned. "Everything was going well until I found the stowaway. Now it's looking like we might be further delayed." he finishes with a heavy sigh.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#376 Post by spanningtree »

Leaning in close to Carter so as not to be heard: I have seen some modifications to data ports in another room also, maybe related? Johan will say with a cocked eyebrow. Maybe we discuss this in more depth somewhere else, later?

GreyWolfVT

#377 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter nods agreement "Perhaps yes. It would be a good thing to mention to Nate in less public area."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#378 Post by spanningtree »

Where might Nate be now? Johan will say to Carter as he leans back.

GreyWolfVT

#379 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter
Looks at Johan "Why the last I knew he was in the Bridge area with the captain."

Baron
Scout
Scout

#380 Post by Baron »

Keehnelf wrote:
Baron wrote:Bridge

Dars replies to Agathes, "What exactly is involved? Are we talking assault of a passenger? Who is it? Would they be aware that they're carrying this evil mind?"
"Maybe aware, maybe not. Agathes smell stink of mind in passenger room. One have mind, maybe more. Go while sleeping, test blood, trap mind before waking. All passengers."
Bridge

Dars allows concern to show on his face.

" Opinions? " he asks his crew. "If there is an alien, mind-controlling parasite infesting one of our passengers, then as captain and ship's medic I think it reasonable that we attempt to thwart this thing. It might even be behind the sabotage."
Captain Dars Quade in "On the Knife's Edge"

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”