Action 1: Over the Rainbow

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action 1: Over the Rainbow

#321 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein, explorer / quarters

Ike takes medicine to help with his headache. He looks at those equations he suppose he wrote. Something is on his mind.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Keehnelf »

For brevity's sake--sorry for miscalculating a few major things about this genre and format around this particular plotline. Sincere apologies, guys.

Agathes does a quick scan of everyone on the bridge and finds they are all clean of "alien contamination."

Baron
Scout
Scout

#323 Post by Baron »

Bridge

Now that they've all been checked, including Jacks, Dars lets Jacks work out which crewmember will assist him. As long as that leaves one Pilot on duty, Dars will send Carter and helper back to Engineering. Leave one Pilot on Bridge, armed. Leave Nate and myself armed.

Now, Dars asks the remainder of the crew (other than the Pilot) to accompany Agathes and himself upstairs to talk to the passengers.

"Keep the program running for the time being," he adds as they head to the upper deck.

Passenger Lounge

Dars has the passengers gathered, then introduces the stowaway.

"This is Agathes. She's told us a story as an explanation for het presence here. I'd like her to talk to you all, and then I'd like your feedback."
Captain Dars Quade in "On the Knife's Edge"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#324 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I guess the navigator or Nate would be my best choices unless the NPC Olive has more electronics, engineering or computer skills than those two crew members.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Amalric
Strider
Strider

#325 Post by Amalric »

Nate will be happy to go to Engineering with Carter, because that might dissuade him from doing what he really feels like doing - which is blowing this alien to smithereens. 'Mind hunting' my ass...

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Keehnelf »

Olive is straight soldier despite her merchant background. No electronics or engineering or similar skills.

GreyWolfVT

#327 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter Jacks looks around and can't hurry back to engineering fast enough he wants nothing to do with what is going on in the bridge at this time. "Navig..... er Eugene? Was it? You or Nate from what I know of your cre files would be my best hope in returning the engineering room to normal would either of you accompany me that is if the Captain does not mind."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Baron
Scout
Scout

#328 Post by Baron »

Bridge

"I think I must keep Mr Neyland with me, and with our guest. Mr Suldanto, I think that means you're elected. You can just put that rifle back in the locker before you go, eh?" Dars assists the navigator in getting that back inside.

If Samantha's done with the consoles, she can 'man' the bridge, and Olive can come upstairs with the rest of us (since Olive can't pilot, apparently).

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#329 Post by spanningtree »

Keehnelf wrote:Agathes looks Johan over appraisingly, perhaps even ascertaining whether he is a threat. Then she folds her hands together and gives a formal-looking bow, keeping her eyes fixed on his face.
Johan will mimic her movements and bow in return, keeping his eyes fixed on her. I am Johan, could I ask who you are?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#330 Post by Nuke66 »

Samantha, Bridge
\
"Of course Captain, I will man the bridge. I have a side arm. Just keep the power on so I can actually do something." She returns to her chair and begins to open up the interface screens.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator on the Bridge

"Yes sir."
Eugene returns the laser carbine to the weapons locker and is most happy to have assistance in doing so. He then wakes over to Carter and extends his hand.
"Hi, I'm Eugene. We didn't get a chance to meet early. Were roommates."
Eugene looks at the panels that he and Samantha ravaged.
"After were done in engineering could you have a look at the access panels here on the bridge. It took Samantha and I forever to get them open. They really should have a quicker and easier way to access them. Plus we should configure a Dolamide Repeater with Isolinear Phase Inverter into the comms so it can function on back-up power incase we loose power again. Oh and don't worry, all the systems are fine up here. Samantha and I already checked them for faults. The issue must be some where between the flux capacitor and the inverted Boridium preprocessor I think."
He says as he enter the lift to take him down to engineering.

GreyWolfVT

#332 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter Jacks
shakes the navigator's hand. "I am sorry I had looked up the crew members information in the computer before all of the excitement. I hope that does not bother anyone. Please to meet you Eugene. You can just call me Carter." he turns and begins to wheel down to engineering with Eugene in tow. "I can help out if you require my aid back on the bridge later with the cabling. I do hope we can get to jump now without further incidents. Roommates you say. Well I spend most of my time in engineering but I think I just might have to take some more time to hang out and get to know you better Eugene." Carter avoids much more of the techie talk. "What did you do before this Eugene? Weren't you like me a former Scout?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Keehnelf »

Engineering TN 8 check in Engineering for Eugene to identify the source of the problem.

On the bridge, Agathes smiles at Johan and identifies herself by name, and indicates that he is correct with his identification of her origin. "Ship going to Broken Asgard--all see danger mind and empty space. Good lesson."

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Pulpatoon »

Keehnelf wrote:For brevity's sake--sorry for miscalculating a few major things about this genre and format around this particular plotline. Sincere apologies, guys.
No worries. RPGs are always a work-in-progress, right?

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#335 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator in the Engine room

Eugene puts his small frame of a body to use. Crawling into the tightest of places searching for the source of the problem with the aid of Chief Engineer Carter Jacks.
Engineering roll [2d6+1] = 9+1 = 10

Eugene to Carter
"Yeah I was a scout before I came here. Didn't like it though. When they recruited me they promised me adventure. Got stuck on a communication relay station out in the middle of nowhere. The only adventure I saw was what everyone else was doing. I couldn't wait to get out and go on my own adventure. What about you? How was your time in the service? Is that how you became crip…"
He stops in mid-sentence and rethinks his word choice.
"uh bound to the wheelchair?"

OOC: First time playing Traveller so let me know if I didn't do the roll correctly. Engineering skill is 1.

GreyWolfVT

#336 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter

"I was a scout as well served 3 long terms saw plenty and my 3rd tour was the worst adventure. Yes that is how I ended up like this. It is something I try to not let stop me from proving myself. Just means I have to work twice as hard." Carter continues to try and get the place back to looking like new.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by Keehnelf »

It doesn't take Eugene long with the diagnostic tools on hand to identify the source of the problem as a relay on the passenger deck. It could only be one of a handful of locations, all of which are easily accessible via the panels in the staterooms. Checking them one-by-one would take all of five minutes.

Doing just fine :)

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#338 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator in the Engine room

Eugene wiggles out of the cramped space he contorted himself into and reports his findings to Carter.
"Hey Carter, looks like theres a faulty relay some where on the passenger deck."
He shows Carter the readouts on his diagnostic tool.
"We'll have to check each to see which one is the culprit. It shouldn't be to difficult to track it down."

Baron
Scout
Scout

#339 Post by Baron »

(Re-posting, in part)

Passenger Lounge

Dars arrives with Olive, Nate, Johan and Agathes, and asks Olive to gather the passengers in the lounge.

Dars has the passengers gathered. "We're tracking down the cause of the power failure. Rest assured that until we've uncovered it, we won't be moving. Jump failure can be a messy thing, so we're not going to risk it. Thank you for your patience." He then introduces the stowaway.

"This is Agathes. She's an Asgardian. She's told us a story as an explanation for her presence here. I'd like her to talk to you all, and then I'd like your reactions, if you don't mind." Dars motions to Agathes to go ahead.
Last edited by Baron on Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT

#340 Post by GreyWolfVT »

DadsAngry wrote:Eugene - Navigator in the Engine room

Eugene wiggles out of the cramped space he contorted himself into and reports his findings to Carter.
"Hey Carter, looks like theres a faulty relay some where on the passenger deck."
He shows Carter the readouts on his diagnostic tool.
"We'll have to check each to see which one is the culprit. It shouldn't be to difficult to track it down."
Carter
looks pleased "Great work Eugene. Lets get to it then. Let me just grab my tools here or do you think we will need them?"

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”