#341 Post by DadsAngry »

Eugene - Navigator in the Engine room

"Bring them Carter. You'll never know what else we'll find."

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Action 1: Over the Rainbow

#342 Post by atpollard »

Baron wrote:Dars has the passengers gathered. "We're tracking down the cause of the power failure. Rest assured that until we've uncovered it, we won't be moving. Jump failure can be a messy thing, so we're not going to risk it. Thank you for your patience." He then introduces the stowaway.

"This is Agathes. She's an Asgardian. She's told us a story as an explanation for her presence here. I'd like her to talk to you all, and then I'd like your reactions, if you don't mind." Dars motions to Agathes to go ahead.
Passenger Lounge
Vinnie (Passenger/Criminal)

Vinnie perks up at the unexpected turn of events, sets his drink down and listens intently. He reaches for his hand-computer and begins to discreetly record the events for closer study later.

(Hi all, mostly just checking in to show that I am still here. :) )
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#343 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter Jacks
grabs his tools and follows Eugene.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by max_vale »

Loraine 'El Zee' Zane

Loraine nods at the Captain and studies the Asgardian with interest while waiting for the story and racking her brain to see if she remembers anything she might have learned about Asgardians during her time plying the space ways in the Navy*....

*Is this a roll or just a GM call? Basically I'm just curious if Loraine would know anything about Agathes species

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by Keehnelf »

This is a story call--only two characters have a reason to know anything based on their backgrounds, and one of them is actively suppressing the knowledge.

GreyWolfVT

#346 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What are you speaking of crazy DM :P :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Keehnelf »

Agathes bows to the assembled passengers, keeping her eyes fixed on them as she does so, scanning the group cannily.

"Name is Agathes. Hunter of mind. Mind is maybe on ship--hard to find, but very dangerous." Her eyes narrow and her brow furrows. "Maybe Agathes is wrong. Device unpredictable, probably waste of time here." She turns back to the captain. "Captain remember lessons on mind? Maybe is learning important things here as well. No mind--passengers can go to sleep now, start jumping." She waves dismissively at the group.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Keehnelf »

Meanwhile, Ike is starting to itch and sweat all over, like he's covered with hot, angry bugs.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by Pulpatoon »

September, Passenger

"Captain, this person is the source of the disturbance, earlier? Did she... or this, uh, mind she's talking about cause the power failure of foul the jump or anything? Are we in danger?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein, explorer

Ike listens to the alien Asgardian's story. He stands up and speaks.

"I'm not sure I follow this whole mind story, but I do know that Scouts and all other military groups have protocols for stow-aways and aliens. This creature threatened all our lives; a jump miscalculated by weight could be deadly. It should be in the brig as it is a criminal on multiple charges. It should be quarantined as we don't know where it really came from. And what the hell are we doing allowing it to "draw our blood" with unknown technology? That's inviting disaster. Is there an alien mind in the captain for allowing this to happen? Even discounting my feelings about personal liberty and freewill, I wouldn't submit to this "test" at any time. I would recommend no one take such a test; who knows what the device is really doing to you? It's the alien that should be under testing."

Baron
Scout
Scout

#351 Post by Baron »

Passenger Lounge

Dars listens, allowing each to have the opportunity to speak. Then he smiles politely and addresses the assembly.

"Agathes is a stowaway, with what she claims to be extenuating circumstances. I chose to allow her to try and convince me of her sincerity. She claims no responsibility for the systems failure. I have crew checking for the cause. We will not jump unless I am satisfied it is safe. The ship is new; it is possible there is an issue as a result, we shall see. Oh, and Mr Heinlein? I have to say that your manners leave a bit to be desired. There have been plenty of beings encountered in the cosmos. I wouldn't be so quick to discount this story."

Dars will wait unti everyone has had a chance to comment, then say, "I will keep you informed of status. In the interim feel free to use the lounge. My apologies for the delay."

He will then head to the bridge with Agnethes and crew.
Captain Dars Quade in "On the Knife's Edge"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Keehnelf »

One Agathes is safely belowdecks with the crew, she turns to Nate. "Mind is here. Must trap when sleeping. Otherwise, great danger. You help?"

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#353 Post by Nuke66 »

Samantha returns to her seat and tries to pick up where she left off. Not quite satisfied, she re-calculates the Jump

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#354 Post by spanningtree »

Johan returns to his room and takes notes on what has occurred.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Baron
Scout
Scout

#355 Post by Baron »

Bridge

Dars replies to Agathes, "What exactly is involved? Are we talking assault of a passenger? Who is it? Would they be aware that they're carrying this evil mind?"
Captain Dars Quade in "On the Knife's Edge"

GreyWolfVT

#356 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I shall assume that Eugene and Carter are able to correct the other issues with the wiring? Or shall I make a JoT roll?

Carter upon reaching the destination takes out his tools and sets to working.

J-o-T [2d6] = 5

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by max_vale »

Loraine 'El Zee' Zane

Loraine will turn to whoever is still in the passenger lounged and say; "Okay, that was weird. Anybody have any idea what she was talking about?"

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Keehnelf »

Baron wrote:Bridge

Dars replies to Agathes, "What exactly is involved? Are we talking assault of a passenger? Who is it? Would they be aware that they're carrying this evil mind?"
"Maybe aware, maybe not. Agathes smell stink of mind in passenger room. One have mind, maybe more. Go while sleeping, test blood, trap mind before waking. All passengers."

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Keehnelf »

Carter and Eugene find the source of the short in September's room panel, and clear signs that the wiring has been tampered with there. It's easy to fix on a mechanical level--the difficult part is the source of the problem in the first place...

September is currently in the passengers' common room with the rest of the passengers.

GreyWolfVT

#360 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Carter looking the situation over. "Hmm well Eugene this is a difficult issue to figure out what is the cause of the short. I can make the repairs easily enough but I think we might need some computer skills at this maybe."

Return to “On the Knife's Edge (Classic Traveller)”